Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android ROMs and Apps

• 21-03-2010 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Having just got a HTC Hero in the last few days I'm wondering now which of available ROMs out there (Cyanogen, Modaco, Vanilla, Villain) is generally regarded as the best.

Currently I'm running the stock android 1.5 with HTC Sense and tbh find it fine, well laid out & no real lag. Is it really worth the move to another ROM or perhaps at this stage just wait for Android 2.1 in April.

On the Apps front what would be your top three apps (currently have Cabbage & JAertel) that you have running on your phone.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm on Villain, which is a great ROM. Its Android 2.1, and the ROM version is v4 Beta 1 (came out on Friday). Very stable (hasn't crashed yet), and performs well (with speed tweaks promised for a release tomorrow).

I'm a bit pissed off with Modaco. I subscribed so I could 'bake' beta ROMs easily, but Paul O'Brien dumped his Hero for a Nexus, so he hasn't been very active on the Hero forum (and therefore neither have I.)

Read: My Hero/Android Guide / tw0nk's Android Apps Thread

Advertisement