Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How the hell do you figure out stages with dublin bus...

Options
  • 21-03-2010 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭

Hey,
    the only time I use the bus is from aston quay to rathcoole, which is the entire bus journey, so I just pay the full fare.
    but now I'm taking a new route & the fare changes depending on the "stage" you get off at...

So I quickly looked up the website & all it was (what to me) seemed like just a bunch of random numbers beside each stop's place name, nothing about "this stop is between stage 1-3, so you have to pay €1.15"

I'm sure I've missed something, still, any info will be appreciated!

Thanks a lot

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,215 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The stages are written at the bottom of each timetable.

From the 69 bus timetable (for example)
    25 75 Aston Quay
    26 74 Essex Quay / Ormond Quay Upr.
    27 73 Mellowes Bridge
    28 72 Parkgate St.
    29 71 Conyngham Rd. Bus Garage
    30 70 Islandbridge (Turnstiles)
    31 69 Inchicore Rd. / Con Colbert Rd.
    32 68 Tyrconnell Rd. (Blacklion)
    33 67 Naas Rd. (Canal Bridge)
    34 66 Naas Rd. (Bluebell)
    35 65 Naas Rd. (Robin Hood Rd.)
    36 64 Naas Rd. (Long Mile Rd.)
    37 63 Naas Rd. (Fox and Geese)
    38 62 Naas Rd. (John Sisk & Sons)
    39 61 Naas Rd. (Red Cow Inn)

On at Parkgate st going outwards to Red Cow is stage 28 to stage 39, 11 stages so, checking the fares info:
    Adult Fares
    Stages 1 – 3 €1.15
    Stages 4 – 7 €1.60
    Stages 8 – 13 €1.80
    Over 14 Stages €2.20
    It would be a 1.80 fare.

If you get on the stop before a 'stage' stop, the fare will be from the previous stage.
    If you get off the stop after a 'stage' stop, the fare will be to the next stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Stages

* The number of stages travelled is calculated by deducting the boarding stage number from the alighting stage number
    * Passengers boarding between stage points pay the appropriate fare from the preceding stage point. Passengers alighting between stage points pay the appropriate fare to the next stage point.
    * All route stages are listed under the timetables.

Advertisement