Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relationships vs On The Pull

• 21-03-2010 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Would you prefer to go out every night and shaft some random young one you might never see again?

or

would your prefer to be going out with someone?

Relationships vs On The Pull 248 votes

Be in a relationship
    0% 0 votes
    Be single and try to pull all around you
    100% 248 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

formula1 wrote: »
    Would you prefer to go out every night and shaft some random young one you might never see again?

or

I take it this question is just for the guys? Only I've nothing to shaft with...

Both have their good and bad points.

/shrugs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

When I go out "on the pull", the only thing I usually end up pulling at the end of the night is my own todger.
    Hollow loveless sex isn't much of an attraction either...

So relationships ftw for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

What would Tiger do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

mikom wrote: »
    What would Tiger do?

Hunt Deer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

A relationship full of love, mutual respect and trust with common goals and ambitions for the future spent by the sea in that little white cottage.

I am a romantic at heart.

• Advertisement

lonad wrote: »
    A relationship full of love, mutual respect and trust with common goals and ambitions for the future spent by the sea in that little white cottage.

Someone pass me a bucket :p

Wait till Biggins sees this thread, he'll have a field day 0/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I'd prefere to be in a relationship.
    I did all the meaningless sex in my younger days,would prefere to be waking up to the same person every morning these days than a stranger.

Abitar wrote: »

A bucket for collecting mussels and crabs to have with the salad growing in the garden and the fresh bread baked from the stone oven, yes your getting the picture now ;)

I'd swap that for any meaningless shafting anyday:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

do both ftw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Abitar wrote: »

Wait till Biggins sees this thread, he'll have a field day 0/

I had presumed it was Biggins when i was reading it,till i looked over at the username:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

When I was in a relationship, I wanted to be free and single, go on the pull and shag all round me!! Now that I'm single, I'm sick of one night stands, and would give anything to be in a relationship........

I'd say a lot of people would be like this, thinking the grass is greener on the other side, when, in actual fact, it's not!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭gonnaplayrugby

relationship.

alwaysadub wrote: »
    I had presumed it was Biggins when i was reading it,till i looked over at the username:D

Oiii , behave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

formula1 wrote: »
    or

You make it sound like that's a given. :( Not true, and the grass is not always greener on the other side

When I was in a relationship, I wanted to be free and single, go on the pull and shag all round me!! Now that I'm single, I'm sick of one night stands, and would give anything to be in a relationship........

I'd say a lot of people would be like this, thinking the grass is greener on the other side, when, in actual fact, it's not!!:(

Ring that person , you'd never know they might be missing you too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Ring that person , you'd never know they might be missing you too ;)

Haha, she does, but she's living in Australia now....... There's long distance relationships and there's LONG distance relationships! Guess I'm destined to be alone forever *sob*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Generally speaking, relationship - but a lot depends on where you're at in life. You might not be ready for a relationship after a bad break-up, so then, casual encounters are the preference. Although ridin' someone different every night wouldn't be for me personally - now and again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Neither.

• Advertisement

A bucket for collecting mussels and crabs to have with the salad growing in the garden and the fresh bread baked from the stone oven, yes your getting the picture now ;)
    Sweet jesus...

/logs off

:pac:
    alwaysadub wrote: »

oh believe me... you'll know when hes hit the thread.. it'll be like a short story :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

That poll is shyte.
    Totally depends on the relationship, stage of life you are at, and whether you mean 'on the pull' as in dating, or you mean drunkenly grabbing the last human left standing as the club shuts.

Being in a relationship is fantastic when it is fantastic.Otherwise wouldn't swap the thrill and excitement of never knowing who you might meet next, who you might fall in love with, not to mention how much better sex is when its still got that freshness.

Nothing worse than being in a bad relationship, or having to psyche yourself up for the bedroom because you can't admit to yourself your sick of the sight of him and familiarity really can breed contempt.

Darlughda wrote: »
    That poll is shyte.
    Totally depends on the relationship, stage of life you are at, and whether you mean 'on the pull' as in dating, or you mean drunkenly grabbing the last human left standing as the club shuts.

Being in a relationship is fantastic when it is fantastic.Otherwise wouldn't swap the thrill and excitement of never knowing who you might meet next, who you might fall in love with, not to mention how much better sex is when its still got that freshness.

Nothing worse than being in a bad relationship, or having to psyche yourself up for the bedroom because you can't admit to yourself your sick of the sight of him and familiarity really can breed contempt.
    Nail on the head tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Is that advice for Darlughda, Abi? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

D'you know that bit at the beginning where you both haven't a clue what's going on but it's ridiculously exciting.
    You fancy the pants off each other and everyone else is teasing you about it.
    You feel like your 15 year old self in the midst of an intense crush on (insert 15yr old self's crush here!)
    When you have to find something to lean against every time he walks in the room because it genuinely feels like you're going to fall over.

That.

I want to have that forever, whatever it is!
    It makes me stupidly happy!
    I may also try and bottle it and sell it to people.

bronte wrote: »
    D'you know that bit at the beginning where you both haven't a clue what's going on but it's ridiculously exciting.

This rawks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Bolag_the_2nd

aaahhhh, i so want to give u a hug right now :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Much prefer a relationship but sometimes you just can't be in one after the last...like now. So this having random sex thing is ok for now, can be quite exciting, but I'm a relationshipy person moreso. I like looking after somebody hehe. Nothing feels better than the right person, well maybe a bj.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭gonnaplayrugby

i dont have any desire to go on the 'pull' im not religious at all but my first time will be with the one i love. thats just my personality tho

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i dont have any desire to go on the 'pull' im not religious at all but my first time will be with the one i love. thats just my personality tho

Hey I did the same thing, best of luck to you, was worth it I think!
    Much more casual with sex after that.

Hey I did the same thing, best of luck to you, was worth it I think!
    Much more casual with sex after that.

I did the same , waited till I had met " the one ", I was hopelessly in love , it was a disaster , we had no rythmn at all. I fumbled , she lay there and held her breath. It was terrible , it was suppose to be magical , she cried.

Edit , I now know what I am doing:p

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Relationship man myself, the single scene is so shallow, especially in clubs

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

I did the same , waited till I had met " the one ", I was hopelessly in love , it was a disaster , we had no rythmn at all. I fumbled , she lay there and held her breath. It was terrible , it was suppose to be magical , she cried.

Edit , I now know what I am doing:p

lmao, sorry to hear man, good effort though! We made the mistake of performa condoms, they anaesthesise you...so nobody knew they were having sex, it was more like a marathon :D

Relationship man myself, the single scene is so shallow, especially in petri dishes

fyp:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I'm so lonely.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

fyp:pac:
    I'm just looking for someone with a little culture

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I prefer mutual medium term relationships myself. I think it suits my personality. One nighters not so much at all.

Now there are very good and healthy long term partnerships out there. I know a few. That said IMHO they're rarer than people think and too many are in couples for the sake of it, or because they're so interdependent, emotionally and socially, to leave. I see too many that I would go mad with boredom in. Ones where the woman requires constant emotional upkeep and will never be satisfied or the guy is emotionally detached and will never be satisfied and both are going through the motions. All too common archetypes unfortunately.

So I've come to the conclusion I'll not do another long termer again. That could change of course, but I'd be surprised TBH. I'm emotionally independent and dont want kids so not so much an issue.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Wibbs wrote: »
    I prefer mutual medium term relationships myself.

What are you, a building society?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Naw a **** bank.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

You feel like your 15 year old self in the midst of an intense crush on (insert 15yr old self's crush here!)
    When you have to find something to lean against every time he walks in the room because it genuinely feels like you're going to fall over.

That.

I may also try and bottle it and sell it to people.

Sounds like an exciting beginning of a good relationship but these strong feelings can sometimes be biased and even truncated leading to emotional pain.

When your are out meeting ( trying to meet) women you can experience feelings and emotions similar to the above post but your not as tied to these emotions.

A smart woman can make you swoon, literally; and a pretty face can make your head feel a bit lighter . An attractive woman can entrance and with a even a slight movement of her eye in your direction can spark a romantic encounter sometimes brief and sometimes mysterious.

Then there is just hard core need a woman and this is the human instinct at work and everyones a wonderful encounter. Rather than be like this i would much rather have a relationship.

The OP question is fanciful for most and meeting beautiful women at the drop of a hat seems a bit fantastical.

• Advertisement

That.

Tried heroin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

There's less work involved in getting sex from the same girl multiple times than there is in getting sex from multiple girls, especially at the same time.

Davidius wrote: »
    There's less work involved in getting sex from the same girl multiple times than there is in getting sex from multiple girls, especially at the same time.

You ever been married?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

Wibbs wrote: »
    Now there are very good and healthy long term partnerships out there. I know a few. That said IMHO they're rarer than people think and too many are in couples for the sake of it, or because they're so interdependent, emotionally and socially, to leave. .

:eek:
    It always amazes me when people dread or fear being single when THIS in bold above is my idea of the most suffocating, claustrophobic hell imaginable.

And crazily common Darlughda IME. I think some in that situation make themselves feel better by saying and thinking "oh well being on your own would be so much worse". They equate being single with being on your own. Im single, but defo not on my own. Know lots of interesting people of both genders who enrich my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭tupac10

i would say in a relationship , i was in a 6 year relationship since i was 16 .. im 22 now and on the pull making up for lost time.. All the lads think im having the tie of it.. but if im honest sex is alot better when you truly love the person .. i'd give anything to wake up to the same person every morning(eg, my ex) the some randomer..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Co45

I am sitting in the kitchen on my laptop whilst my girlfriend cleans up the delicious dinner she just made. Once she is finished cleaning up we are going upstairs where she will let me do whatever I want to her. Later she will iron my shirt for work tomorrow and more than likely throw me a quickie in the morning.
    So yeah, relationships ftw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Co45 wrote: »
    I am sitting in the kitchen on my laptop whilst my girlfriend cleans up the delicious dinner she just made. Once she is finished cleaning up we are going upstairs where she will let me do whatever I want to her. Later she will iron my shirt for work tomorrow and more than likely throw me a quickie in the morning.
    So yeah, relationships ftw.

You mean you had a pot noodle and ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,961 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

As said above, it completely depends on the relationship and the stage you're in in it. They're constantly evolving and not something you can leave on "autopilot".

If you both are keeping things fresh, making the effort and genuinely having fun together and enjoying being together - out of the bedroom as well as inside it - then a relationship is always gonna win out over a random one-nighter

If however, you're together out of a fear of being alone, or just going through the motions, then better to end it and be single.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Relationship's any day!! Im a firm believer that sex is better when you have a strong emotional connection with a person as well as a strong physical one so sex with randomers just doesnt do it for me! Goin out on 'the pull' is gettin fairly boring tbh!

• Advertisement
Advertisement