Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relationships vs On The Pull

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 unluckystar

Definitely relationship, hate going on the pull but wish I was in a relationship with someone who wanted the same things as me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

broke up with girlfriend a couple of months ago, was nice to wake up with same person etc in a way. Now single and lonely nights, never score when I go out, although I do have a girl I can hump whenever I feel like it but just not that into her.
    They both have their ups and downs I'm just not quite over the last one, as soon as that's out of my system single life will be the bomb again, meanwhile I have to live with the fact that she's probably getting banged senseless by blokes with bigger penises than me every weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Didn't vote

I've always been single cos I like doing whatever I feel like
    But in the last few weeks, its hard to go out because everyone seems to have emigrated or is doing couple stuff.
    A lifetime of one night stands has left a record of women thinking 'why hasn't he had a girlfriend' so its hard to pull.
    That with the fact that women are like car parking places

Could do with a chick around now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Grass is always greener on the other side ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

pirelli wrote: »
    Sounds like an exciting beginning of a good relationship but these strong feelings can sometimes be biased and even truncated leading to emotional pain.

Oh, I know, but that's the gamble!
    mikom wrote: »
    Tried heroin?

:D You don't need heroin when you've got that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    broke up with girlfriend a couple of months ago, was nice to wake up with same person etc in a way. Now single and lonely nights, never score when I go out, although I do have a girl I can hump whenever I feel like it but just not that into her.
    They both have their ups and downs I'm just not quite over the last one, as soon as that's out of my system single life will be the bomb again, meanwhile I have to live with the fact that she's probably getting banged senseless by blokes with bigger penises than me every weekend.

You can't think like that dude... you were probably with her a while and would know what shes like obviously, would she really do that every weekend? :/

Chin up, buttercup (:

Abitar wrote: »
    You can't think like that dude... you were probably with her a while and would know what shes like obviously, would she really do that every weekend? :/

Chin up, buttercup (:

Who knows, she doesn't know half the sordid stuff I got up to in the past!

Anyway it's not like I lose sleep over these things it's just one of the downers of being recently single!

Who knows, she doesn't know half the sordid stuff I got up to in the past!

So you assume shes like you then :p

Don't over think things though, won't help ya :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Catch 22 as far as i'm concerned...

I've done the whole long relationship, been single for yrs and now i'll love to just meet someone :D

It would be scary but maybe worth it?

• Advertisement

So you assume shes like you then :p

Don't over think things though, won't help ya :/

I don't assume, I know she's fairly "liberal" when it comes to sex, like I am! When you're at home jacking off on a Saturday night as all your friends are doing coupley things, these things have a tendency to get to you at times!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭StinkySocs

I would totally love to be in a relationship.
    I was seeing a guy for a while, but that ended and it was so nice to have someone to do things with, when all ur mates are going for dinner with their OH.
    I hate being single.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭force majeure

A relationship full stop... noting beats having a stable home setting and a person for who you can know and depend on.... quiet how you can be happy playing the field I can never understand.

A relationship full stop... noting beats having a stable home setting and a person for who you can know and depend on.... quiet how you can be happy playing the field I can never understand.

so you're saying you can't be happy and be alone? Just because you're single doesn't mean you're "playing the field". To be honest when I think of the most fulfilled, stress free, times in my life, I was always single.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Someone pass me a bucket :p

Bukakee? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

It depends on what you want out of life - freedom or company?
    Been single can often be the lonely choice however staying in a loveless relationship for fear of 'singledom' is without doubt the lonelier choice.

Open relationship, now that should be on the poll!

• Advertisement

Can you be in a relationship where you only have to see the OH when you want to watch a dvd and have a bottle of wine??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I wouldn't want either of those, tbh. Don't want a relationship, don't wanna be with a different person every week. I'd take a relationship over "on the pull", but a relationship of a casual nature, if that makes any sense at all. I can't stand the "I love you sooooo much, you're the bestest and we have to see each other all the time, hold hands everywhere we go... My life wouldn't be the same without you" BS, especially after a month or two. Back. Off.

Jesus, I don't know when I became so... bitter.

Can you be in a relationship where you only have to see the OH when you want to watch a dvd and have a bottle of wine??

Showing my age now, but there used to be a comedy show called My Wife Next Door :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I can't really vote in this poll, as my opinion changes all the time.

I've only been single for about 2 months, and I was with someone for 2 years before that. I loved being in a relationship but I definitely sometimes craved the single life. Now that I'm single, it's nice to go out and have fun, maybe kiss some boys, but it's all still kinda new to me and I know that in a few months I'll probably miss being in a relationship.

Definitely miss having someone just to spend evenings in with. And the sex, definitely miss the sex. The worst thing is not having regular sex. I couldn't be arsed shagging some randomer, I'd rather do it with someone I'm comfortable with and who I know is good! I agree with Novella's post...I want the fun stuff without all the mushy sh*te. Gotta find me one of those f*ck buddies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

I've recently been made single and I'd do anything for that not be case. :( Worst part is for the first 5 seconds you wake up, everything is fine. Then it hits you like a truck, BAM! Alone for another day.

• Advertisement

m@cc@ wrote: »
    I've recently been made single and I'd do anything for that not be case. :( Worst part is for the first 5 seconds you wake up, everything is fine. Then it hits you like a truck, BAM! Alone for another day.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

I can't really vote in this poll, as my opinion changes all the time.

I've only been single for about 2 months, and I was with someone for 2 years before that. I loved being in a relationship but I definitely sometimes craved the single life. Now that I'm single, it's nice to go out and have fun, maybe kiss some boys, but it's all still kinda new to me and I know that in a few months I'll probably miss being in a relationship.

Definitely miss having someone just to spend evenings in with. And the sex, definitely miss the sex. The worst thing is not having regular sex. I couldn't be arsed shagging some randomer, I'd rather do it with someone I'm comfortable with and who I know is good! I agree with Novella's post...I want the fun stuff without all the mushy sh*te. Gotta find me one of those f*ck buddies!

Good mornin'

Jesus and I thought I was depressed over it. There's always things like beer, and football, and comfort food, and the fact that you'll get laid again some day, and it will feel better than the one that just dumped you.

Or you might get bone cancer or something and die before another woman even touches you but that's life huh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Gotta find me one of those f*ck buddies!
    You can have some of mine - no worries ;)

You can have some of mine - no worries ;)

How many have you got? :eek:

Jesus and I thought I was depressed over it. There's always things like beer, and football, and comfort food, and the fact that you'll get laid again some day, and it will feel better than the one that just dumped you.

Or you might get bone cancer or something and die before another woman even touches you but that's life huh?

Yeah, I get that but they all feel like consolation prizes. I'm not as depressed as I was a week ago and I know that 'time heals all wounds'. She says she still loves me but that our lives are going in different paths. I don't know if the 'loves' part makes it better or worse. I can't walk away from her no matter how hard I try. (Actually this should probably be PI, but **** it :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

How many have you got? :eek:

Ah i'm only messing

m@cc@ - ya poor thing. You will be fine, total nightmare now but it'll pass.

You were too good for her anyway.

I agree with Novella's post...I want the fun stuff without all the mushy sh*te. Gotta find me one of those f*ck buddies!

So why were woman starting in the 80's and 90's telling us guys that we needed to open up more and be more romantic and talk and express ourselves emotionally etc etc.

Now that they have, women turn on them and say it's mushy :p

I swear to God, you'll have us all in the madhouse.

Yeah, I get that but they all feel like consolation prizes. I'm not as depressed as I was a week ago and I know that 'time heals all wounds'. She says she still loves me but that our lives are going in different paths. I don't know if the 'loves' part makes it better or worse. I can't walk away from her no matter how hard I try. (Actually this should probably be PI, but **** it :D)

you just have to. I had to. And no contact in a month. She'll never get a bloke as hot as me again anyway. At least I have that consolation :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

At this stage of my life I'd rather a casual thing with someone, you know the type. Hanging out every so often, watching a movie, fooling around. Pretty much a relationship in a casual way just without the commitment of a seriously emotional relationship.

Saying that, I'm only really feeling this way after a break up from a serious relationship. Don't want to get into anything heavy just yet but I'm a relationship man at heart.

• Advertisement

you just have to. I had to. And no contact in a month. She'll never get a bloke as hot as me again anyway. At least I have that consolation :D

Oh, it's the same for me. I doing it for her sake as much as I mine. I mean, if she doesn't get back with me, lesbianism is the only path for her. :)

OutlawPete wrote: »
    So why were woman starting in the 80's and 90's telling us guys that we needed to open up more and be more romantic and talk and express ourselves emotionally etc etc.

Now that they have, women turn on them and say it's mushy :p

TBH, I think I just don't have that gene that most women have! I don't mind a LITTLE bit of mushiness....every now and again. On a similar vein, I also don't want to get 10 texts/phonecalls a day, just to say hi. Get a life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I know the feeling. Welcome to the club, just made single the day before Paddy's Day and a couple of days before my Birthday.
    :(

The reason I haven't been in a proper relationship, I reckon, is the fact that I can be massive craic on a night out, give a girl so many laughs (which is what does it) but then morning after couldn't give two sh1ts.
    Mon - fri I don't really wanna know anyone.

Anyone like this who still has managed to get someone likeminded??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Pyr0 wrote: »
    At this stage of my life I'd rather a casual thing with someone, you know the type. Hanging out every so often, watching a movie, fooling around. Pretty much a relationship in a casual way just without the commitment of a seriously emotional relationship.

Saying that, I'm only really feeling this way after a break up from a serious relationship. Don't want to get into anything heavy just yet but I'm a relationship man at heart.

This would be the way I would feel about it. Don't know if I ever could go back to a serious long termer again though.

Once bitten, twice shy and all that.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

The reason I haven't been in a proper relationship, I reckon, is the fact that I can be massive craic on a night out, give a girl so many laughs (which is what does it) but then morning after couldn't give two sh1ts.
    Mon - fri I don't really wanna know anyone.

Anyone like this who still has managed to get someone likeminded??

Think I wanna go out with you meself .. heartbreaker :D

TBH, I think I just don't have that gene that most women have! I don't mind a LITTLE bit of mushiness....every now and again. On a similar vein, I also don't want to get 10 texts/phonecalls a day, just to say hi. Get a life!

Don't think it's you just not having a Gene at all.

The vast majority of women I have known feel like you, but are just not honest enough to say it publicly.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Where we belong. :D
    She says she still loves me but that our lives are going in different paths. I don't know if the 'loves' part makes it better or worse. I can't walk away from her no matter how hard I try. (Actually this should probably be PI, but **** it :D)
    The older I've gotten the more shades of grey I see in some areas and the more black and white I see in others. If someone says they love you, great. Kudos indeed. If they say they love you... but... then that tells me one of two things. They either dont love you as much as they say(or like to think) or they're trying to mould you to fit their lives. BS for you either way. Sod that. My question to that? Who are you meeting? Who are you sharing things with? Who are you boning? If its not me, anything you tell me is at best self delusion, at worst a lie. "Its not you, its me/I'm not sure about this/we're going in diff directions/etc" for me = BS. Move on, make your own life and leave them to make up whatever mind they have. If they want you, they'll make it known to you with little vagueness. If I am fond of someone they know it. Never mind loving someone. Anything else is flim flam and ballsology of the highest order. My 3 cents anyway.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

K-9 wrote: »
    This would be the way I would feel about it. Don't know if I ever could go back to a serious long termer again though.

Once bitten, twice shy and all that.

I'd like to think that myself but I know sometime down the line there will be someone I'll trust with my heart again and I'll go for it. It's all part of living your life really ! Even if it hurts like a bitch sometimes ;)

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote: »
    Where we belong. :D

The older I've gotten the more shades of grey I see in some areas and the more black and white I see in others. If someone says they love you, great. Kudos indeed. If they say they love you... but... then that tells me one of two things. They either dont love you as much as they say(or like to think) or they're trying to mould you to fit their lives. BS for you either way. Sod that. My question to that? Who are you meeting? Who are you sharing things with? Who are you boning? If its not me, anything you tell me is at best self delusion, at worst a lie. "Its not you, its me/I'm not sure about this/we're going in diff directions/etc" for me = BS. Move on, make your own life and leave them to make up whatever mind they have. If they want you, they'll make it known to you with little vagueness. If I am fond of someone they know it. Never mind loving someone. Anything else is flim flam and ballsology of the highest order. My 3 cents anyway.

i would agree with this, although inexperienced. Magazines and books have shagged all expectations.
    I certainly believe in lust, but does love not just turn into dependency?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I agree with Novella's post...I want the fun stuff without all the mushy sh*te. Gotta find me one of those f*ck buddies!

Ok, no, I didn't mean, "I'll take all the fun, but fcuk off if you think I'm gonna be sweet and cute!".
    I like mushy, I love mushy. I can't stand, I dunno, forced mushy. I think a lot of people just don't wanna be single, so if anyone (pretty much) shows them some interest, they'll kind of run a mile with it. Maybe even without realising.

I sort of feel a lot of relationships aren't straight up, deep down feelings. They're more, "She's pretty hot and she's kind of funny, and she wants to sleep with me, so might as well shower her with compliments".

I don't think I'm making any sense. I love mushy! When it's real, and not because he thinks he has to, to get me into bed or whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Christ Almighty!! This thread would depress a Valium*

*MODS - Please can we have a singles forum? Please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Pyr0 wrote: »
    I'd like to think that myself but I know sometime down the line there will be someone I'll trust with my heart again and I'll go for it. It's all part of living your life really ! Even if it hurts like a bitch sometimes ;)

The snip might take away alot of the risks! :D

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Magazines and books have shagged all expectations.

You're joking. Instant 24 hour porn is what's shagged all expectations. Bunch of cynics the lot of you. And yes, I used to be that cynical too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Hmmm. I'm confused. Your poll only appears to have two options. Isn't this AH? Where is the Atari Jaguar option?:confused: What happneing ?...... I'm scared....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

How about my relationship as it is, except once in a while she brings home an attractive work friend for some sexy time? I have broached this subject but she just thinks i'm joking.... no matter how serious I tell her I am. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Where's the Tiger Woods option, 'In a relationship but pull all around you'?

I've only had 1 relationship. Like any it had it's ups and downs but I would prefer that to single life but then sometimes you want to be single when in a relationship and both are a bit pissed off with each other.

There are a few times when I love being single though. The last week being one of them. But for the most part I can find it frustrating when I might want something to go somewhere with someone I like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I would prefer to be in a realtionship but going out and meeting different people is always fun when you are single too. That's ok in my twenties but I don't like to think of myself going out pulling students when I am 37. Its a very depressing thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Lux23 wrote: »
    but I don't like to think of myself going out pulling students when I am 37. Its a very depressing thought.

"The great thing about high school girls. I get older, they stay the same age".

Lux23 wrote: »
    I would prefer to be in a realtionship but going out and meeting different people is always fun when you are single too. That's ok in my twenties but I don't like to think of myself going out pulling students when I am 37. Its a very depressing thought.

I'd be fuckin' psyched :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement