Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving to India - anyone lived/worked there?

Options
  • 21-03-2010 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi all,

Can you suggest some nice cities to live/work in India for 1-2 years.

My partner is hoping to relocate to India (possibly Bangalore) towards the end of the year.
    (His background is teaching, e learning and software, mine is chemistry, quality and env science). We reckon that it won’t be too difficult for him to get work - I may struggle to find work....

At the moment it’s just a bottle of wine conversation but it’s looking more certain with each conversation (and each extra glass of wine) that we will take the plunge to relocate for work ideally towards the end of the year.

We've lived in China, Mongolia and Easter Europe in the past (TEFLing) and after 3 and a half years in Ireland we are more than ready to go again.

I would be grateful if anyone who has lived in India in the past could provide some advice, useful tips, suggestions etc.

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 radha

When you say relocate do you mean the possibility of a transfer from an existing job or trying to get a job offer from an Indian company? While the latter is not impossible it is extremely difficult. They must justify why they can't find an Indian national to fill the job and believe me they will have a huge pool of candidates to choose from.

Most expats working in India are there because of transfers in existing jobs from parent companies.

Bangalore or Mumbai would be the best options.

Check out indiamike.com for all the information you need.....and more

Advertisement