Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat a nicotine addict?

Options
  • 21-03-2010 2:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

This is a bit bizzare, but Ive noticed some strange behaviour from my cat. Not just lately but its only dawning on me now.

I used to smoke. My cat Pat has had a history of causing havoc around the neighbourhood - I used to post as Deepsense but my account still hasnt been sorted out since the invasion, I had a thread about his delinquwnt behaviour up before.

Anyway, I used to smoke but finally kicked the habit last year. He always sat upside me on the couch and nevr minded the smoke, in fact used to stick his snout forward when I lit up. Ive had him 4 years now and this was always an on going situation.

When I think back now, when I gave up, his behaviour deteriorated to the point where I was hauled before the residents committee and got a bollocking for his behaviour. I countered with my brilliant if flawed arguement of "hes a cat, what do you want me to do?". The replies that followed that question led to the meeting being ended in a rather dramatic fashion.

Anyway, I see now that when smoking friends visit, we sit in the kitchen, back doors open and they smoke their brains out - and guess who in on top of us adn wont quit with hasselling. Hes on top of the table, jumping on laps (NEVER done that before - he has issues) and generally making a nusiance of hisself. mBut when non smoking friends are around, theres no sigh of him.

So, serious question, can a cat become a nicotine addict through passive smoking over a number of years? Im worried that he is a nicotine fiend though my previous smoking habit.It all adds up but its a slightly crazy notion at the same time. :confused:

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

can a cat become a nicotine addict through passive smoking !
    yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

I'm sure they can, but since you don't smoke anymore he is probably not addicted anymore. But just likes to breathe in the smoke still, like people who have quit and miss it. :)

It's not good for him, but you've quit now so it's fine I'm sure.

Advertisement