Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

I'm really really annoyed right now.

• 21-03-2010 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭

It's my own fault. But at the same time, what the hell xbl?
    I was over at a friends place the last day and we had a few drinks. The night went on and so did the Xbox. It seemed a good idea to import my profile.
    At home. I don't have broadband at the minute. So I accumulated about 2000 gamerscore. Then went to connect back online and xbl downloaded my profile as it was the last time I was at my mates. Bye bye gamerscore. :(
    I wouldn't care too much usually but I only just had gotten some of the tougher achievements in Arkham Asylum challenge rooms and much more importantly all achievements for Mass Effect 2 except 15 points for dlc. So I'll clear it again eh? And I'll have to do so without
    the 25% bonuses you get for having cleared the game although I've done this twice. That makes it rather difficult to get to lvl. 30 in one playthrough

All in all I'm really annoyed. It could have been much worse though. My ME2 saves still seem to be there even if the achievements aren't in which case I can still import to the third. :o

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

when you recover a gamertag. you gamerscore should always come with it? I know it did with mine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Was the console you played on at your pals place offline while you were playing? If it was online it should have sync'd everything up before you finished playing and went home and recovered it again.

Edit : Wait I see what happened. You won achievements offline at home ie not connected to internet /live then when to pals and recovered the tag so it had no knowledge of you getting cheevo's at home. Then you went home and recovered it again , being more up to date the recovered tag then didn't know you had won achievements at home. Same happened me once.

In future make sure you have connected to live on your own xbox after earning cheevo's before you recover tag to another console.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Tyler Durden: You are not your xbox live gamerscore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Op you should of not played yer own console till you recovered, did the same thing myself recently, thankfully it was only 300-400 gs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Did the same thing myself before. I had xbox live linked to my credit card (which was cancelled). I couldn't use xbox live behind the proxy in college for 9 months or so. Then when I did reconnect, the only option I had was to "Download Profile"......seeing as it was the only option, i was like "Ah, yeah, whatever so, download away so"

Lost a years worth of gamer points. I ended up just starting a new Gamertag altogether!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Thank God I'm not alone guys! I felt like a real idiot after the fact. :p

Not my gamerscore? Of course not. But some of my friends and I like to see what each other has done in a game. When I really like a game achievements give a sort of "complete" feel once you get them all.

Advertisement