Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the art of tea making

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

No. Tea is disgusting.
    Can we have a sugar/no sugar poll please? It's clearly a contentious issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

No. Tea is disgusting.
    I never put sugar in tea.

I can never taste it first of all unless I pile in like 4 teaspoons.
    And that's what nice digestive bickies are there for :) The shweeeeet-ness! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Yes. WITHOUT sugar.
    1 tea-spoon of sugar, not heaped, well-stirred into the tea, followed by the combined milk pour and stirring technique. Tastes of greatness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Green tea is the only way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭thatone!

No. Tea is disgusting.
    I hate sugar in tea!
    Tea with loads of milk= yum :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

No. Tea is disgusting.
    Hotaru wrote: »
    It all makes so much sense now! I believe your poor tea making skills may be directly linked to your inability to get a girlfriend. These kinda problems just go hand in hand.

I'd thank this if it didn't ring true so much. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Yes. WITHOUT sugar.
    I take 3 sugars in mine, I like it sweet :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

I don't like tea ;_;

No. Tea is disgusting.
    thatone! wrote: »
    I hate sugar in tea!
    Tea with loads of milk= yum :)

I agree with your first point.

Seriously, no sugar and just a drop of tea (just the right amount to change the colour! - that's what I always say) with a digestive biscuit, well, ya can't go wrong there!

Too much milk = cold tea. And I don't like my tea cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

No. Tea is disgusting.
    I don't like tea ;_;

But if you did, you'd prefer it without sugar, yes?

YES?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

FECK OFF CUP.
    You pour water into a cup and then leave it that way because tea is feckin' nasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

A Neurotic wrote: »
    But if you did, you'd prefer it without sugar, yes?

YES?

No. I'd put anything in that'd make it taste like.....well...anything.

Might as well drink a mug of boiling water.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 nialldeman

I don't like tea ;_;

this is a hurtful comment tea down threw generations has been seen as an act of courtesy and of common decency
    respect the tea

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Yes. WITHOUT sugar.
    1 teaspoon of sugar, a healthy dose of milk, but not too much (about 15ml to be precise, I always have a teapot, teaspoon, tea bags, sugar, and of course my trusty graduated cylinder), make sure the teabag is well strained.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

I don't like tea ;_;

:eek:
    I'm sorry Bob, I don't think we should talk anymore.

No. Tea is disgusting.
    I agree with Bob. There's a lot of effort involved for so little in return. I just drink water out of a bottle during my meals now. If it's good enough for Brian Wilson it's good enough for me.

(FWIW, back in the glory days when I had my tea made for me I refused sugar.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Yes. WITHOUT sugar.
    Poll added.

Savage beatings for all who don't take sugar. Tea without sugar is disgusting; it's like.......coffee without sugar. (Best comparison I could think of.)

2 sugars and a small bit of milk for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Yes. WITHOUT sugar.
    Worst of all about the non-sugar weirdos, is that you'd be making like 3 cups of tea, and one without sugar, and you'd ALWAYS (okay, I always) absent-mindedly put sugar into all of them. Then you're like "****!" and have to start again to accomodate the non-sugarer. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Yes. WITHOUT sugar.
    Poll added.

Savage beatings for all who don't take sugar. Tea without sugar is disgusting; it's like.......coffee without sugar. (Best comparison I could think of.)

2 sugars and a small bit of milk for me.

I take sugar in my tea (and milk, obviously).. but I drink black coffee with no sugar.. I'm *really* picky about my coffee though, I drink fancy stuff on the rare occasions that I drink it.. >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

FECK OFF CUP.
    jumpguy wrote: »
    Worst of all about the non-sugar weirdos, is that you'd be making like 3 cups of tea, and one without sugar, and you'd ALWAYS (okay, I always) absent-mindedly put sugar into all of them. Then you're like "****!" and have to start again to accomodate the non-sugarer. :mad:
    Just insist there's no sugar in it and when they call you out on it, rant about how they don't trust you and are calling you a liar. Basically turn it around so that they're the asshole, it's a great way to keep friends I hear. :pac:

• Advertisement

No. Tea is disgusting.
    Oh wait, I forgot about my age old obsession of dunking Rich Teas in hot sugarless tea. Soggy rich teas = heaven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

No. Tea is disgusting.
    I literally vom if there is the slightest trace of sugar in tea. Just...no. *shudders*

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

Yes. WITHOUT sugar.
    *highfives fellow sugary tea lovers*

How about a C+H tea-off? We'll see who makes the best cup of tea! (with sugar and non-sugar categories of course)

:pac:

No. Tea is disgusting.
    All of ye, get away wit' yar sugar.
    A drop of milk is all ya need. Just a smidge. A tiny bit. An ounce. etc.
    And you got yourself a lovely cuppa tae !

And think of how much extra sugar you've put in your bodies throughout the years because of just adding that one "harmless" teaspoon of sugar into your teapot.:)

Sugarpakistan1230.jpg

(dont mind the hands in that pic, just the sugar people!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

FECK OFF CUP.
    And think of how much extra sugar you've put in your bodies throughout the years because of just adding that one "harmless" teaspoon of sugar into your teapot.:)

What have you got against sugar?

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

Yes. WITHOUT sugar.
    Forget the tea, just give me my multiple teaspoons of sugar! For me tea is just another way of getting good old fast sugary energy into me!

No. Tea is disgusting.
    Pygmalion wrote: »
    What have you got against sugar?

It's bad for you :(
    And I'm trying to save you all...

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

Yes. WITHOUT sugar.
    Ah it's not bad for you, your body needs sugar in the right amounts. There's nothing wrong with adding it to your tea. I pretty much drink nothing but water, so I don't get lots of added sugar from things like fizzy drinks. About 40g of added sugar is perfectly fine. So if I want my daily 8 teaspoons of sugar in my tea, I will! :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Tea sucks. Fact! FECK OFF CUP!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Yes. WITHOUT sugar.
    First you get the sugar, then you get the power, then you get the women...

k9e151.jpg

Advertisement