Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the art of tea making

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

No. Tea is disgusting.
    I call for a new Jizzler award entitled 'User Most Likely To Make Stupendous Simpsons Reference' and for IO to win it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

No. Tea is disgusting.
    First you get the sugar, then you get the power, then you get the women...

http://i40.tinypic.com/k9e151.jpg

I can barely remember that episode, but was that line said by a Spanishy-sounding person? Because in my head it is, and it. is. hilarious.

Sometimes I like no sugar, sometimes I like half a spoon. Literally one teaspoon of milk. Too much milk + any more than one spoon of sugar and you're not drinking tea, you're drinking warm, sugary milk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

No. Tea is disgusting.
    I can barely remember that episode, but was that line said by a Spanishy-sounding person? Because in my head it is, and it. is. hilarious.

Sort of - I actually think it could be referring to a Scarface quote!

Semi-related goodness:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

No. Tea is disgusting.
    My daddy is the only person who can make tea the way I like it, even I can't do it right :pac: No sugar, and with about half a carton of milk. And a few oul biscuits as well om nom nom

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭StinkySocs

No. Tea is disgusting.
    and if you're a real man you leave the teabag in the cup until you've drank it all,that's how you make REAL tea,not this coloured water ye call tea these days

OMG, that is the grossest thing EVER. You should be locked up!!:eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Yes. WITHOUT sugar.
    StinkySocs wrote: »
    OMG, that is the grossest thing EVER. You should be locked up!!:eek::eek::eek:
    they've tried,I out ran them in a tea fuelled fury.Seriously though really strong tea in the middle of a frosty morning out in a field somewhere[yeah,I'm that cool] is fantastic,it's the little things you really enjoy you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭StinkySocs

No. Tea is disgusting.
    How can you enjoy a tea bag? in your cup? while your trying to drink your tea? it's just gross, sorry mate - it's diirrrttttyyy!

Bam! There's just no need for it.

I do agree wit a stong cuppa, but with out the bag, just a wee drop of milk and .....no sugar:p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Yes. WITHOUT sugar.
    Craguls wrote: »
    Can we do the tea thread again sometime?

So, I was drinking pu-ehr tea today. No milk, half a spoon of sugar...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Yes. WITHOUT sugar.
    So, I was drinking pu-ehr tea today. No milk, half a spoon of sugar...

Trying to reduce your blood cholesterol or "invigorate the spleen"...? :pac: S'what wikipedia told me, just sayin' is all.. >_>

I haven't had tea since.. Monday. :eek: Someone, make me tea NOW!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Tea is an abomination of nature.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Yes. WITHOUT sugar.
    Aoibheann wrote: »
    Trying to reduce your blood cholesterol or "invigorate the spleen"...? :pac: S'what wikipedia told me, just sayin' is all.. >_>

I haven't had tea since.. Monday. :eek: Someone, make me tea NOW!

The latest in a series of "remedies" (following ginseng, echinacea, fruit, chicken soup and water) that I've been trying out this week in the hope of getting better sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

No. Tea is disgusting.
    Tea is preety damn good. 'Attempting' to cut back on some dairy as well as meat has made tea even better. Soya milk people. It's what tea was made for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Yes. WITHOUT sugar.
    The latest in a series of "remedies" (following ginseng, echinacea, fruit, chicken soup and water) that I've been trying out this week in the hope of getting better sooner.

And it's worked so well. :(

...In case you didn't realise, I was being sarcastic.. :pac:

But back to tea! I think I shall have tea and some toast. <3 Now to hope we have bread..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Tea is preety damn good. 'Attempting' to cut back on some dairy as well as meat has made tea even better. Soya milk people. It's what tea was made for.

:D You know I love you right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

FECK OFF CUP.
    Tea tastes shíte in general!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

No. Tea is disgusting.
    Strong cuppa tay. No sugar. Drop of milk.

Yes. WITHOUT sugar.
    DylanS09 wrote: »
    Tea tastes shíte in general!

You're obviously doing it wrong icon_e_ugeek.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

Yes. WITHOUT sugar.
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

No. Tea is disgusting.
    Condi wrote: »

Words of wisdom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

FECK OFF CUP.
    You're obviously doing it wrong icon_e_ugeek.gif

No it's just, no!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

Yes. WITHOUT sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

FECK OFF CUP.
    Tea? Lawl. Fresh coffee is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

pot beside me with milk and honey :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Nick Dolan

No. Tea is disgusting.
    The perfect cup of tea is very subjective and the key is to know your customer! Everyone wants it different and if you concentrate less on creating one ideal standard and more on tailoring each persons tea to their perfect cup, Your laughing. I know which friend likes loads of milk, which one wants two teabags (not removed) etc . Of course this means a few weeks of pissing off your friends with tons of questions, tea strength, colour but the more specific you get the better the tea . Their annoyance, and apprehension that you are muttering to yourself in the kitchen alot, will soon go away once you start serving up cracking cups of tea. I also find that making it slightly stronger then they specify is a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

No. Tea is disgusting.
    Ugh, why ruin a lovely cup of tea with sugar? Dirtbags... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

No. Tea is disgusting.
    well first off all you have to boil the kettle and in the mean time select your teabag, get your teaspoon ready and the milk so all is at hand.

put the teabag in the mug and very very slowly pour the water in.
    then stir the teabag for 5-10 secs and squeeze the teabag against the side of the mug to get all out of it.
    dispose of teabag.
    pour a small amount of milk in, just a little more than is required to change the colour

criochnaite

perfect tea :D:D:D:D:D:D:cool::cool::cool::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭t4k30

Yes. WITHOUT sugar.
    Namosa Tea ! Is the best ! It makes barry's, lyons and all the rest taste second rate !
    namosa80s.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I don't like tea...

*ducks*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Nick Dolan

No. Tea is disgusting.
    Xx_emma_xX wrote: »
    I don't like tea...

*ducks*

Heathon!!! :Dbiggrin.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl