Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Administration & Politics and International Relations

Options
  • 21-03-2010 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭

Hey I'm in 6th year and until recently I've been focusing on Government in UCC,but apon hearing of how great UL as well as having several courses Im interested and the dropping of my 3rd language :rolleyes: I was hoping to get some information on these courses.

Like are they fun to do and are they interestic etc.I've a huge interest in Politics and hope to go into it one day.Also I'm hoping to do a postgrade after these courses as well.So yeah if you could tell me about these that'd be great :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bobsxx

Hey,
    I am doing Public Admin. Its grand. I like it! its only 12 hours a week which is good. We do a politics module every semester so never get away from it. good for u if u like it so much. this semester (3rd year) our PA module is kind of government based to. its about how policy is passed and stuff!! Love UL u should defo think about doing PA!!
    Not sure about post grads yet coz don't know my plans so hav'nt really looked into it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Hey thanks for the reply.

Does it really focus on politics stuff with sociology and that shiz or wouldit be more private sector aimed?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bobsxx

well in 1st year its not really about politics that much but then i chose economics and management instead of sociology and law so can't really talk about sociology side! but in 2nd and 3rd year it focused on politics more!! If u really only like politics then try look at something like Law and Politics or something coz theres gonna be alot more politics in a course like that!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I'm in 4th year Public Admin, I believe the course has changed a bit since my year started. As far as I know, HPSS is more Politics oriented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Tbh I wouldn get the points for law now.I might do it postgrad but I'm really focusing on these courses at the moment as hey both appeal to me :).

I'm probably gonna go more for public administration as it seems more like Government in UCC,the course I was orginally going to go for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Public Admin is a broad course, so you'll be able to branch into most areas when you're at the post grad stage.

Advertisement