Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hardy Bucks - THE TV SERIES

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

All episodes, from all seasons, incl the Christmas special are up on the RTE player

CatFromHue wrote: »
    All episodes, from all seasons, incl the Christmas special are up on the RTE player

There is also a new season coming soon :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Yup I heard that.

The Christmas special is the big one though in that I know that's a good one.

Can I wait til Christmas to watch it again though...........

it just seemed right to watch the Christmas Special last night :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,112 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

so is there a new season of this starting or has it been cancelled ???

There doing a few live shows in Vicar Street soon without the Viper I think

How close to real life selfs are the guys on the show ??? always seemed there not even acting to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭afatbollix

You'd be surprised to hear that a few were born in England and have English accents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

afatbollix wrote: »
    You'd be surprised to hear that a few were born in England and have English accents.

Yep Viper (Chris Tordoff) from Leeds I think not sure of any of the others

Eddie (Martin Maloney) has links to england too. Not fully sure what they are but his normal accent is English

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,112 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yep Viper (Chris Tordoff) from Leeds I think not sure of any of the others

guy who plays Eddie Durken is from liverpool

Id say the guy who plays Bo (the fella who lives with Eddie) is irish as is Salmon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Eddie (Martin Maloney) has links to england too. Not fully sure what they are but his normal accent is English

Think hes from liverpool

Is there a new series or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,985 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is there a new series or not?

Yes 22nd of March on RTE 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Preview clip of new series here...https://www.buzz.ie/amp/movies-tv/watch-9-277191

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Oh, watchable 2 days earlier on RTE Player. I guess I'll just wait til it airs on RTE2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Glebee

looking forward to this. Down with the viper..

• Advertisement

I hope they've gone back to being a mockumentary like Season 1 and 2 and not a sitcom like Season 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Watched it tonight, very funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,465 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Thought it was decent.

Eddie on the phone to Elon Musk and Simcard taking issue with The Viper fat shaming Stateside were funny.

As for the state of the swingers.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Only moment that had me properly laughing was when the accordion came out in the swingers party. The most west-of-Ireland thing you could imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

First half started off a bit slow but the second half was brilliant. Still laughing about the carvery at the orgy and Eddie after the older couple sat opposite them.

"Grand day for it".:D

And then the orgy turning into a session.

The Viper stuff can be hit or miss. Think it was mostly miss last night but the second half made up for it. Hopefully a bit more Buzz in the remaining episodes.

• Advertisement

What’s the name of the town they film it in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

fin12 wrote: »
    What’s the name of the town they film it in?

Majority of it filmed in Swinford, Mayo.

I'd be a big fan going back to the original Youtube offerings, but I was disappointed with the new episode. Hopefully it will improve.

Majority of it filmed in Swinford, Mayo.

I'd be a big fan going back to the original Youtube offerings, but I was disappointed with the new episode. Hopefully it will improve.

The first youtube stuff was brilliant, some of the recent stuff has just shown glimses of what the hit on in the original.

I liked the youtube stuff but season 1 and 2, especially 2, on RTE are for me their best, and RTE's best, stuff.

I enjoyed the first episode of the new series. They got rid of the bad bits from the last series and got back to what the show was about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

You'd never guess Martin Maloney has an English accent, his Irish accent is more impressive than nearly any Hollywood actor who tried an Irish accent (apart from James McEvoy maybe)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 scrawnyass

Hardy Bucks is quite simply comedy gold.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

“Forearms like Bulgarian fridgelifters”

Best line I’ve heard on Irish telly in quite some time! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It's returning back to its roots, decent episode tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭pgj2015

ciara needs to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

pgj2015 wrote: »
    ciara needs to go.

Absolutely. The whole vibe of the show and the interaction with the characters has been brought down to peak low levels. Last night was abysmal. Not a good actress at all either.

The Viper is a parody of a parody also.

The only consistent character is Buzz but he is merely a plot device for Eddie and his missus at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

It's returning back to its roots, decent episode tonight.

I thought the opposite. And I have always been a defender of the show, bad times and good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,316 ✭✭✭✭briany

siblers wrote: »
    You'd never guess Martin Maloney has an English accent, his Irish accent is more impressive than nearly any Hollywood actor who tried an Irish accent (apart from James McEvoy maybe)

He's spent a good deal of his time in Ireland since being a teenager, if not earlier. Something most Hollywood actors have never done. Anjelica Huston did, and she ended up doing the most convincing Irish accent I've ever heard in Agnes Browne.

that was good, really enjoyed it.

makes me wonder wtf happened with season 3

when the boo just wondered in eating his apple and said hello to everyone I thought that was great

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

This series has been mediocre so far, both episodes have had their moments but it's been a bit underwhelming, where's Salmon and Toastín :(

The third series was a bit silly and over the top but still funny and entertaining, to me the second series is the best thing they ever did, better than the Youtube stuff.

Viper trying to bribe the Guard with ice cream and then rubbing it in his jacket when he said no was funny, also telling that young girl to go away was funny too.

Two episodes left hope it picks up a bit.

I've enjoyed the two episodes from this series more than all of the last series put together.

It's not as good as season 2 but that was very very good.

It was funny when viper said was there a chance he would get his hole if he went to the cottage with the drugs,.,.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

pgj2015 wrote: »
    ciara needs to go.

Agreed, such a ****e character

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

that was good, really enjoyed it.

makes me wonder wtf happened with season 3

when the boo just wondered in eating his apple and said hello to everyone I thought that was great

Boo was class, but a small part of me wished he went full ninja like in the youtube series..but leggin it was funnier!

That's one thing I like about the boo. he's always talked a good game but we've never actually seen him in a fight.

So I'm always wondering is he a bit of a spoofer, in a good way that is.

• Advertisement

Not the Bos first time to turn tail.

Check out at around 2:20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Thougth the 2nd episode was quite poor, Ciara is terrible in it. Was a mistake getting someone from Fair City, when she tries to use country shlang, it just sounds off.

It's a shame that Salmon, French Toast and Boo have been put on the sideline. 3 of them are great charachters

I wish brian ormonde would watch an episode and give us his opinion again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

I wish brian ormonde would watch an episode and give us his opinion again

After the last time I don't think he will :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

I've been a big fan of this since the start but think this new series is awful. As someone said the viper has been reduced to a parody of what he started out as. He cant seem to deliver a line without scrunching up his face and putting on a silly voice.

Buzz is always funny but everything else about this series indicates they've run firmly out of ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Max Prophet

siblers wrote: »
    Thougth the 2nd episode was quite poor, Ciara is terrible in it. Was a mistake getting someone from Fair City, when she tries to use country shlang, it just sounds off.

It's a shame that Salmon, French Toast and Boo have been put on the sideline. 3 of them are great charachters

Fine hole on the lass though.

• Advertisement

Fine hole on the lass though.

that's the thing,:)
    it's only when she acts "mayo" that she fails, if she was herself she'd be ok. She's not at all convincing as a mayo girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭floraldream

This episode is awful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Max Prophet

Yer wan's accent is all over the shop. Though I'll forgive it since she's wearing those leathers.

Very disappointing episode.

Glebee wrote: »
    Very disappointing episode.

To quote the Viper, 'Its become full of homogenised additives' :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement