Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hardy Bucks - THE TV SERIES

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Just a re-hash of Trailer Park boys ... waiting for a bubbles...and a plan to steal Patrick Swayze's truck

5 years Too late lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 vinny_963

thought it was excellent, the scene with the garda on an exchange programme was freakin brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Armelodie wrote: »
    Just a re-hash of Trailer Park boys ... waiting for a bubbles...and a plan to steal Patrick Swayze's truck

It was the Swayze Express.

Watched it last night and found it pretty poor. The only laugh came from the guard in Africa scene, bar that it was a painful, badly acted mess which tried far too hard to be an Irish version of Trailer Park Boys only minus the humour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

If anyone says this is the worst thing they've ever seen on RTE then the only logical thing I can conclude is that they've never seen.....

......Leave It To Mrs. O'Brien, Extra Extra, The Roaring Twenties, Upwardly Mobile etc. etc.

Not as good as the original episodes but still delivered some good solid laughs. Perhaps not to everyone's taste but then again nothing is.

G'wan the Bucks I say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Ripped off might be a more harsh term, I should have said borrowed phrases they'd never heard before that friends have said in their presence.

Which phrases?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Right, I watched some of the web episodes and thought they were really good. So lord knows how they made this piece of ****. It's all well and good pointing out shows you thought were worse, but that's like comparing STD's.

Not fully sure if I'll tune in for next weeks one. It might pick up now that they got the intros out of the way and can focus on the comedy, but I'm wondering if it's going to be worth it. They may be better off sticking to the webisodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

This thread needs a poll! Opinion seems to be down the middle with possibly slightly more lovers than haters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Sirsok

fair play to the bucks....enjoyed the show alot, had a smile on my face the whole time....had to laugh at the garda exchange and salmon.....french toast and stateside should get more time, there hilarious....lookin forward to next week.....inbetweeners to :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭SHREDDER

Well love it or hate it they've cuased some stir. It's interesting to see just how many people have slated hardy bucks. Some are calling it "worse than Katherine Lynch". It seems though your a gang of jealous begrudgers. Writing from your "Aul Whans bedroom".

Any time I read a thread on any Show RTE produces, the same Cyber geeks hide behind a fond nostalgic avitar from a popular childhood cartoon. An accolade of they're childhood, (Ie shredder). They Sit and scribe relentlessly into the heat of the night, slagging off anything and everything, that isn't like two and a half men, or mock the ****in week. These people more than likely masturbate to dylan morans black books, and spout on about Bill bailey and Frankie Boyle and that dick head Lee Evans.

Had it been made on BBC2 or channel 4, you would have hailed it as a national treasure. Never Have I read such a load of thickle trash. Look at Glee for gods sake or ****e like X factor. At least this is Bold enough to take a chance.

I followed Hardy Bucks through storyland, and they were rough around the edges and often devoid of structure. Fair play to them I say. They beat stiff competition in storyland, had a good time doing what they do at nobodys expense.
    You may say oh, the tax payers paid for this. The tax payer also paid for legal bills for souless corporate lawyers and tribunals, and all of the rubbish squandered away during the boom Useless vast empty shopping centres on the outskirts of our cities, with vacant units selling goods from stores that have been liquidated.

I really do believe that these guys have genuine intentions to enetertain and bring some bit of happiness into peoples lives. So give them a break. Home boy homer your a **** stirrer, to El diablo and those who provided real time analysis and running commentary, how in gods name are you expected to pay full attenetion to a comedy when your typing bemoaning jibes into your PC?

Fair paly to the lads, I heard them on news talk and they seem like nice guys. Give them a break. And maybe next time wait till it's over till you pass judgement.

It was a bit stilted in places and the look a like competition dragged on, but sure you'll have that With RTE. God knows what kind of politics went on there.

Well love it or hate it they've caused some stir. It's interesting to see just how many people have slated hardy bucks. Some are calling it "worse than Katherine Lynch". It seems though your a gang of jealous begrudgers. Writing from your "Aul Whans bedroom".

Any time I read a thread on any Show RTE produces, the same Cyber geeks hide behind a fond nostalgic avitar from a popular childhood cartoon. An accolade of they're childhood, (Ie shredder). They Sit and scribe relentlessly into the heat of the night, slagging off anything and everything, that isn't like two and a half men, or mock the ****in week. These people more than likely masturbate to dylan morans black books, and spout on about Bill bailey and Frankie Boyle and that dick head Lee Evans.

Had it been made on BBC2 or channel 4, you would have hailed it as a national treasure. Never Have I read such a load of thickle trash. Look at Glee for gods sake or ****e like X factor. At least this is Bold enough to take a chance.

I followed Hardy Bucks through storyland, and they were rough around the edges and often devoid of structure. Fair play to them I say. They beat stiff competition in storyland, had a good time doing what they do at nobodys expense.
    You may say oh, the tax payers paid for this. The tax payer also paid for legal bills for souless corporate lawyers and tribunals, and all of the rubbish squandered away during the boom Useless vast empty shopping centres on the outskirts of our cities, with vacant units selling goods from stores that have been liquidated.

I really do believe that these guys have genuine intentions to enetertain and bring some bit of happiness into peoples lives. So give them a break. Home boy homer your a **** stirrer, to El diablo and those who provided real time analysis and running commentary, how in gods name are you expected to pay full attenetion to a comedy when your typing bemoaning jibes into your PC?

Fair paly to the lads, I heard them on news talk and they seem like nice guys. Give them a break. And maybe next time wait till it's over till you pass judgement.

It was a bit stilted in places and the look a like competition dragged on, but sure you'll have that With RTE. God knows what kind of politics went on there.

SHREDDER wrote: »
    Well love it or hate it they've caused some stir. It's interesting to see just how many people have slated hardy bucks. Some are calling it "worse than Katherine Lynch". It seems though your a gang of jealous begrudgers. Writing from your "Aul Whans bedroom".

What about those who liked the web shows but didn't like the tv show? Are they wrong too because you liked the guys who made it? Christ, I love Monty Python but of lot of their sketches were clangers.

The creators of Hardy Bucks aren't gods. They're no infalible. It's perfectly possible for people not to like something simply because they didn't like it. They aren't automatically gang of jealous begrudgers. Writing from your "Aul Whans bedroom".

It's kind of pathetic that you're not allowed to even have an opinion on a tv show without being jumped on by a keyboard warrior. Get over yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Cop

Right.

A lot of things have been said here and here's my tuppence worth.

The first episode of Hardy Bucks was not as good as it could have been, considering what the lads delivered before on StoryLand and YouTube.

But...

It was still many, many cuts above 99% of comedy I have seen coming from RTÉ since pretty much ever. Some of the criticism here is farcically over the top. Worse than Catherine Lynch?? Here's a list of comedy RTÉ has made that I would place Tuesday's episode of Hardy Bucks well above:

Every episode of The Panel ever made (worse than bad, a disgrace)
    Killinaskully
    Mattie
    Podge and Rodge
    Nighthawks
    Langerland
    Catherine Lynch
    Blizzard of Odd
    Upwardly Mobile
    Dan & Becs
    Sarah & Steve
    Makin' Jake
    Naked Camera
    Modest Adventures of David O'Doherty
    Maeve Higgins (whatever rubbish she puts her name to)
    Anonymous
    Your Bad Self
    Stew
    etc, etc, etc

Yet I don't see a big clamour about how bad these are, certainly not the same extent of a ribbing Hardy Bucks is getting here. I don't get it at all because while as I said, the first episode was not what it could have been, it's something brave, original and absolutely brimming with potential and yet nearly half the people commenting here seem to suggest it's the worst thing RTE could possibly have made. Perhaps "Shredder" is right and all the naysayers are begrudgers stuck in their rooms trigger happy at their keyboards.

They had to reintroduce the whole story and characters again, and also it was the first ever episode in a 30 minute format with all the new constraints that comes with making something for TV for the first time. Considering they are all total novices at this level as well, it makes the whole thing all the more staggering. If I was judging the first episode purely from what I saw, I would give it a 7 but considering all the other factors, it's a 9 or a 10 for me. I honestly never thought RTE would be capable of having a young lad from Mayo saying a line like "the girls there are mad for pipe".

Anyway, Hardy Bucks is the best thing that has come out of RTÉ comedy that I have seen since I properly started following such things. Paths To Freedom was good, and Bachelor's Walk had its moments. Beyond that, nothing.

So please, if you're going to attack something like Hardy Bucks, at least be fair and first of all pan the myriad of mulch that RTÉ has made and continues to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭macannrb

Yur Aul Whans got worms!

Everyone predicted that it would be tough to transfer the series to be small screen, and tough it it. But fair play to the lads. They have stuck with it, which is no mean feat by itself. its got some great gags and one liners. More of it!
    Cop wrote: »
    Considering they are all total novices at this level as well, it makes the whole thing all the more staggering.
    +1

Right.

A lot of things have been said here and here's my tuppence worth.

The first episode of Hardy Bucks was not as good as it could have been, considering what the lads delivered before on StoryLand and YouTube.

But...

It was still many, many cuts above 99% of comedy I have seen coming from RTÉ since pretty much ever. Some of the criticism here is farcically over the top. Worse than Catherine Lynch?? Here's a list of comedy RTÉ has made that I would place Tuesday's episode of Hardy Bucks well above:

Every episode of The Panel ever made (worse than bad, a disgrace)
    Killinaskully
    Mattie
    Podge and Rodge
    Nighthawks
    Langerland
    Catherine Lynch
    Blizzard of Odd
    Upwardly Mobile
    Dan & Becs
    Sarah & Steve
    Makin' Jake
    Naked Camera
    Modest Adventures of David O'Doherty
    Maeve Higgins (whatever rubbish she puts her name to)
    Anonymous
    Your Bad Self
    Stew
    etc, etc, etc

Yet I don't see a big clamour about how bad these are, certainly not the same extent of a ribbing Hardy Bucks is getting here. I don't get it at all because while as I said, the first episode was not what it could have been, it's something brave, original and absolutely brimming with potential and yet nearly half the people commenting here seem to suggest it's the worst thing RTE could possibly have made. Perhaps "Shredder" is right and all the naysayers are begrudgers stuck in their rooms trigger happy at their keyboards.

They had to reintroduce the whole story and characters again, and also it was the first ever episode in a 30 minute format with all the new constraints that comes with making something for TV for the first time. Considering they are all total novices at this level as well, it makes the whole thing all the more staggering. If I was judging the first episode purely from what I saw, I would give it a 7 but considering all the other factors, it's a 9 or a 10 for me. I honestly never thought RTE would be capable of having a young lad from Mayo saying a line like "the girls there are mad for pipe".

Anyway, Hardy Bucks is the best thing that has come out of RTÉ comedy that I have seen since I properly started following such things. Paths To Freedom was good, and Bachelor's Walk had its moments. Beyond that, nothing.

So please, if you're going to attack something like Hardy Bucks, at least be fair and first of all pan the myriad of mulch that RTÉ has made and continues to make.

In my opinion

Fixed your post.

• Advertisement

Well love it or hate it they've cuased some stir. It's interesting to see just how many people have slated hardy bucks. Some are calling it "worse than Katherine Lynch". It seems though your a gang of jealous begrudgers. Writing from your "Aul Whans bedroom".

So only certain people are entitled to an opinion now? :rolleyes: some like it some dont, no begrudgery there whatsoever.
    Any time I read a thread on any Show RTE produces, the same Cyber geeks hide behind a fond nostalgic avitar from a popular childhood cartoon. An accolade of they're childhood, (Ie shredder).

They Sit and scribe relentlessly into the heat of the night, slagging off anything and everything, that isn't like two and a half men, or mock the ****in week. These people more than likely masturbate to dylan morans black books, and spout on about Bill bailey and Frankie Boyle and that dick head Lee Evans.

If you dont like the idea of boards or a discussion forum in general then i suggest you dont be such a hypocrite and refrain from posting. you dont like lee evans then thats fine. why the f*ck should i like this sh*te so?

BBC and channel 4 produce a lot of crap too from time to time in fairness but they also produce crackers such as life on mars (well in my opinion) , while rte invest in these morons who are making the country look like a complete nation of inbreds (again my opinion).

Tax is compulsory, you make it sound like we have choice?

We are well aware what the money went on but i for one don't think 'Hardy bucks redeems the public expenditure in this nation.

They'd bring happiness into my life if they just fu*ked off for themselves with their rubbish show.

actually to be fair that stinker with Lorcan Cranitch and Angeline ball from 2 years ago or so was worse then this bile

Oh Humanzii,

Take a chill bean man. What I don't understand is this. Why so many people on this forum, react so personally to people making comedy in Ireland? Whether it's good or not.

The Time the Roaring twenties came out, there was a witch hunt, People wanted to nail the to a cross and drink they're blood. It was dodgey enough to be fair, but it was a classic example of RTE entertainment. Look at I dare Ya, or the cassidys.

Here's one for you. I was in the international bar in Dublin a few times, and some of the would be comedians are woeful. They hang out in packs quietly observing everything. Then when it comes to the stage, there all over the place. Smae goes for comedy shows in Ireland. This country should be proud of the people who have been reard here. There is no reason why Ireland cannot produce thousands of the worlds finest comedy talent. You meet them every day. the worst comedians made it becuase the posess the ability to stand up and talk on stage. The regular everyday heroe's never thought to ever enter the world of hardy bucks.
    I read an article once about the makers of hardy bucks, they were regular lads who apperared in an amateur college project. If they can make it to TV, there must be hundreds like them. They've proven to the rest of us, we can get up off our holes and do something. Instead we just poat negative quips about those who have gone out and done it.

In all my years of living here and abroad, my calculations are as follows. 50 percent of the developed world are miserable dry arses, suited to administrative jobs in service indusry or government positions, accountancy firms etc.

Then there are those who think more so with the left side of they're brain.
    Artists, writers, comics, musicians, dancers, base jumpers, surfers and lolly pop men.

Those of an open mind ususally found in the latter of the two should find hardy bucks funny. In my observation if you've lived a life where you've suffered from the pennence of excess, Hang overs, doom, unprotected sex, being arrested for drunken follies and the crushing boredom of small town life, where ever thta may be should appreciate the show.

Meanwhile those who are easily offended, I suggest you watch Mattie, Scrubs, malcom in the middle, futurama, friends, recue me(pretends to be left field), and the rest of the unremarkable mass produced pulp from the states. Buy Irish is what I say, but don't piss away your money.

Hopefully the second episode will be more to peoples taste. With regards to the the makers of hardy bucks, "you can only pisss with the Cocck you've got.

I'll surely be watching.

So only certain people are entitled to an opinion now? :rolleyes: some like it some dont, no begrudgery there whatsoever.

If you dont like the idea of boards or a discussion forum in general then i suggest you dont be such a hypocrite and refrain from posting. you dont like lee evans then thats fine. why the f*ck should i like this sh*te so?

BBC and channel 4 produce a lot of crap too from time to time in fairness but they also produce crackers such as life on mars (well in my opinion) , while rte invest in these morons who are making the country look like a complete nation of inbreds (again my opinion).

Tax is compulsory, you make it sound like we have choice?

We are well aware what the money went on but i for one don't think 'Hardy bucks redeems the public expenditure in this nation.

They'd bring happiness into my life if they just fu*ked off for themselves with their rubbish show.

actually to be fair that stinker with Lorcan Cranitch and Angeline ball from 2 years ago or so was worse then this bile

Well, to quote the dude "Well, that's like your opinion man."

And here's one for you tipp.

Opinions are like arse holes, every ones got one. Seems your fairly opiniated yourself. by the looks of things you have no life other than boards.

Oh Humanzii,

Take a chill bean man. What I don't understand is this. Why so many people on this forum, react so personally to people making comedy in Ireland? Whether it's good or not.
    And everytime there's a thread with people complaining about a show, there are people who will assuem that people are only complaining because they can. People are allowed to make up their own minds about a show. I'm sick of people trying to guilt me into liking stuff that's just of a poor quality.

People keep appearing and refuse to accept that maybe, just maybe a show doesn't appeal to everyone. Take a look through this thread. There's plenty of fans of the web show who didn't like the tv show. Does that not make you think that maybe they're not just begrudgers?
    The Time the Roaring twenties came out, there was a witch hunt, People wanted to nail the to a cross and drink they're blood. It was dodgey enough to be fair, but it was a classic example of RTE entertainment. Look at I dare Ya, or the cassidys.
    In fairness, the Roaring Twenties was fairly bad. I was one of the few who spoke up for it, but that's only because it seemed to me that the show was criminally underdeveloped by RTE. There's little point claiming that a show that was almost universally panned, was actually a great show that was treated unfairly.
    Here's one for you. I was in the international bar in Dublin a few times, and some of the would be comedians are woeful. They hang out in packs quietly observing everything. Then when it comes to the stage, there all over the place. Smae goes for comedy shows in Ireland. This country should be proud of the people who have been reard here. There is no reason why Ireland cannot produce thousands of the worlds finest comedy talent. You meet them every day. the worst comedians made it becuase the posess the ability to stand up and talk on stage. The regular everyday heroe's never thought to ever enter the world of hardy bucks.
    I read an article once about the makers of hardy bucks, they were regular lads who apperared in an amateur college project. If they can make it to TV, there must be hundreds like them. They've proven to the rest of us, we can get up off our holes and do something. Instead we just poat negative quips about those who have gone out and done it.
    People are allowed to have an opinion. I can't see what your problem with that is. And just because someone makes an effort to get onto tv doesn't automatically win them the right to be adored by everyone. TV is there for entertainment. If something isn't entertaining then it's taking time away from something else that might do better in it's place. That's the way it works.
    In all my years of living here and abroad, my calculations are as follows. 50 percent of the developed world are miserable dry arses, suited to administrative jobs in service indusry or government positions, accountancy firms etc.

Then there are those who think more so with the left side of they're brain.
    Artists, writers, comics, musicians, dancers, base jumpers, surfers and lolly pop men.

Those of an open mind ususally found in the latter of the two should find hardy bucks funny. In my observation if you've lived a life where you've suffered from the pennence of excess, Hang overs, doom, unprotected sex, being arrested for drunken follies and the crushing boredom of small town life, where ever thta may be should appreciate the show.
    Well, I live that kind of life and didn't find the tv show funny. So that pretty much blows that theory out of the water.
    Meanwhile those who are easily offended, I suggest you watch Mattie, Scrubs, malcom in the middle, futurama, friends, recue me(pretends to be left field), and the rest of the unremarkable mass produced pulp from the states. Buy Irish is what I say, but don't piss away your money.
    I'd rather watch something that was good that watch something that was ****, due to guilt.
    Hopefully the second episode will be more to peoples taste.
    Hopefully it will now that they don't have to bring non-fans up to speed with the characters. But theymay have already lost a large part of the audience because of the first episode.

Well, to quote the dude "Well, that's like your opinion man."

And here's one for you tipp.

Opinions are like arse holes, every ones got one. Seems your fairly opiniated yourself. by the looks of things you have no life other than boards.

Maths not your strong point either is it? My average posts per day is 0.61 and i joined in March 2002 so that hardly constitutes no life now does it???

Nevertheless im genuinely touched by your heartfelt concern :rolleyes:

And your right it is my opinion and i'm not going to bullied into liking it because your throwing your toys out of the pram. Are you affiliated with this show by any chance? Your taking this all very personally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭optogirl

you dont like lee evans then thats fine.

Does anyone?

optogirl wrote: »
    Does anyone?

im not a fan of lee evans but im just using something shredder said as an example of his hypocrisy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Are you affiliated with this show by any chance? Your taking this all very personally
    Don't be ridiculous..

85136658.jpg

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭thenutflush

I for one thought the episode was ok. Not laugh-out-loud funny like the inbetweeners, for example, but I still think it's better than most of the comedy rte have put out since the panel became shít around 2007! I don't agree with the reactions of pure distaste that have been expressed in this thread.

If I'm watching telly next time it's on I'll more than likely watch it, but if I miss it I won't be too upset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

On the the worst posts I've read in a while.
    What difference would it make if the posters here were using their real names or their boards names? Seriously?
    People post what they think, I doubt anyone here would say anything about Hardy Bucks that they don't think or wouldn't say off keyboard.
    So what are you blathering about?

The-Rigger wrote: »
    On the the worst posts I've read in a while.
    What difference would it make if the posters here were using their real names or their boards names? Seriously?
    People post what they think, I doubt anyone here would say anything about Hardy Bucks that they don't think or wouldn't say off keyboard.
    So what are you blathering about?

Boards really should have a double or treble thanks option for the likes of this post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

That would be cool. Option to give one double thumbs up per day. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Cop

Humanji,

What the hell are you doing sticking in "In My Opinion" in my post and then saying "Fixed your post"

Did I suggest anywhere in my post that it was scientific fact OR coming from some kind of infallible, monotheistic being?

Boards is all about opinions, obviously enough, so leave your arrogant little appendices out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

I thought it was funny and will watch it again.
    Maybe its because I live in da wesht, the worrying thing is that truth is scarier than fiction !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I like the bucks, but the smell of shill off this thread may be beginning to tip my little see-saw the other way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭tennessee time

619,232 views on youtube for episode 1

48,610 fans on facebook

i think with all the hype and the massive original fan base they had built up the show is bound to have done well in ratings..

the two english guys who created it seemed to me to be writing a satire of the young irish male ,(cruising around town in mitzis barely able to see over the steering wheel cos theyre leaning back so much) - maybe they have gone away a bit from that original idea

as for the original web episodes, i havent seen a show since father ted that has spread and being imitated and quoted so much, the classic quotes from the web episodes are practically part of alot of young irish lads vocabulary now, thats influence, regardless of the tv shows quality

episode 7 : the drink is a curse was always a favourite of mine
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1fm-7ojUz4

i like the long rambling quotes , yearning for old ireland from frenchie and the boo

"money, greasing the paw, politicians with big double chins, 5 cars, big houses, the boom kinda ruined ireland, we used to be friendly ol folk"

episode 8: the interview - classic
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlso1ASZTyE&feature=related

"feckin shades man , the five 0, theyre cruising round for cheeky boys since they heard lavin got shopped for resin pushing, theyre turning - theyre spooked man look at them, go on - go back to sleep daisy lane"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

By no means their best effort but it was a good start and it's worth sticking with it for the next 3 episodes.

And in fairness, if anyone is totally convinced that the web series is much better I think that's more to do with the first 5 episodes. The last few were fairly aimless and unfunny and that, again, was to do with the fact that they seperated the 4 main characters. Which is the same mistake they made with this episode. Hopefully it will pick up.

All in all, it's better than the vast majority of RTE comedy produce and definitely deserves a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Dowdy20

What a crowd of whingers is on this thread. you don't like it fair enough but 16 pages is a bit daft.

You don't like it fine suit yourself but don't keep on and on and on about it just to turn people off it. your telly came with a remote so use the bloody thing.

I don't like any of rte's programme's its aimed solely at Dublin and not anywhere else and as soon as a programme comes on thats based "out the country" and is in fact showing what actually goes on....yes Dublin there is life outside the city center...people up in arms complaining.

so why don't ye pull the rods out of yer arse sit down shut up and just watch the ****ing telly like normal people.

I like the hardy bucks from the start and have had some great laughs watching it. couldn't give two ****s about the begrudger's that seem to inhabit this country now.

not another word on this thread I've said me piece.

now off to youtube to watch the series all over again!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sharkey 10

episode 8: the interview - classic
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlso1ASZTyE&feature=related

"feckin shades man , the five 0, theyre cruising round for cheeky boys since they heard lavin got shopped for resin pushing, theyre turning - theyre spooked man look at them, go on - go back to sleep daisy lane"
    Thats my favorite episode , the part where the fella in the mayo shirt goes up to buy hash is hilarious.

Ive watched the show again and it isnt as bad as i first thought, its still nowhere near as good as it could be but still some funny lines. I would like to see buzz and salmon come in more , the scene in the car with salmon was funny and the scene at the start with buz hanging upside down was good

Humanji,

What the hell are you doing sticking in "In My Opinion" in my post and then saying "Fixed your post"

Did I suggest anywhere in my post that it was scientific fact OR coming from some kind of infallible, monotheistic being?

Boards is all about opinions, obviously enough, so leave your arrogant little appendices out.
    If you realise it's just your opinion then why do you have such a problem understanding that not everyone enjoyed the show? Why do you have to suggest that maybe people are just begrudging it for the sake of it?

That's the problem with this thread, too many assumptions that anyone who doesn't agree with you is doing so just to piss you off.

Oh, and a lot of the shows you listed got a far worse time of it here than Hardy Bucks. In comparison, this show is pretty much a hit here.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭tennessee time

i think the developer fecker was a good character,i like when he goes mental at salmon at 3.20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_O-ckL0M5U&feature=related

Dowdy20 wrote: »
    What a crowd of whingers is on this thread. you don't like it fair enough but 16 pages is a bit daft.

You don't like it fine suit yourself but don't keep on and on and on about it just to turn people off it. your telly came with a remote so use the bloody thing.

I don't like any of rte's programme's its aimed solely at Dublin and not anywhere else and as soon as a programme comes on thats based "out the country" and is in fact showing what actually goes on....yes Dublin there is life outside the city center...people up in arms complaining.

so why don't ye pull the rods out of yer arse sit down shut up and just watch the ****ing telly like normal people.

I like the hardy bucks from the start and have had some great laughs watching it. couldn't give two ****s about the begrudger's that seem to inhabit this country now.

not another word on this thread I've said me piece.

now off to youtube to watch the series all over again!! :)

Dont forget to clean up your toys before you do. its a discussion forum if you dont like whats been said, pretty simple, dont read it. people like the show, i dont understand why, but i respect their opinion and have the courage to give my own. If you dont like that then tough. Now thats all i have to say on it. its gas, if i like a programme i seem to be in a minority and if i dont like it im still in a minority.

By all means enjoy the show dowdy. if you like it then good luck to you, it just aint my cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

I don't like alot of the raw negativity in this thread. I understand not liking it but some of the abuse for it is a bit much.

At the same time, some of the defending of the show is over the top. I can understand why a first-time viewer wouldn't have liked it, and it's their opinion. Probably more of the posters here have liked it than hated it, so I don't see a need for posts just flat out defending Hardy Bucks and telling the nay-sayers where to go.

My 2 cents.

Sweet Moderation there Rigger. I feel honoured that I've managed to rouse you in such a provocative manner.

My gripe with this thread is the sheer nature, and hostility going on. I watched two episodes of American Dad, and didn't even crack a smile, where as family guy has some very very funny, close to the bone laughs. In fairness they're often over the top. I wouldn't go on and say it was the worst programme in the history of Telly.

Speaking of which, What are your opinions on The republic of Telly? I'd be most interested in asking El Diablo, Humanji and Tipp Gunner. To furthter pobe your minds. What do you like, in terms of comedy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,842 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Sweet Moderation there Rigger. I feel honoured that I've managed to rouse you in such a provocative manner.

My gripe with this thread is the sheer nature, and hostility going on. I watched two episodes of American Dad, and didn't even crack a smile, where as family guy has some very very funny, close to the bone laughs. In fairness they're often over the top. I wouldn't go on and say it was the worst programme in the history of Telly.

Speaking of which, What are your opinions on The republic of Telly? I'd be most interested in asking El Diablo, Humanji and Tipp Gunner. To furthter pobe your minds. What do you like, in terms of comedy?

To be fair, this is a "hot topic" which is a good thing, people have an opinion on it.
    I've aired my views earlier on in the thread.

The interest is probably due to the expectations built up from the web episodes, some of which were really funny. Those who are "being hostile" (and I wouldnt say many of the threads here are "Hostile" just dont like the show that was on the last night.
    I dont think theres any point saying they thought the show was good when it plainly wasnt.
    The are other thread on here about other shows that have just as many people not liking the shows as not. Have a look around. This show, just garners that bit more Irish.
    I dont like the posters (like yourself) who were saying that if this show was on a "foreign channel" we'd be raving how good it was. The channel does not come into it at all and anyone who thinks it does is verging on the paranoid.

People are entitled to their opinion whether that be good or bad. The fact that this thread is so "popular" is testament to how watched the web episodes were.

So Kippy, you mean you don't like me?
    I'm most disapointed.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭el diablo

Republic of Telly was very poor too. A very bad Harry Hill TV Burp rip-off. I see it's back next week with a new presenter. I won't be watching.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

What do you regard as good?

So Kippy, you mean you don't like me?
    I'm most disapointed.:(

I dont like the way in which you attempt to disregard of those who didnt like the first episode as "anti Irish" which is plainly what you have attempted to do. I think its shallow and a very juvenile effort in discrediting those who have negative points about the show.
    What do people regard as good is pretty irrelevant in this thread as this thread is about The Hardy Bucks - The TV Series. You should start a thread asking people what they think is good if that is the path you want to go down.
    The facts are some people liked the first episode, some didn't. I dont know what else you could expect with any TV show to be fair.
    Yeah, fair play to the guys making it, but obviously the guys wont get better if all they get pack is positives about a pretty poor effort in comparison to their earlier offerings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ultrahound

Whatever you think about the show I think a lot of people are going to be VERY suprised when they see the next episode of Hardy Bucks. A mate of mine works at the place thy did the editing and he's seen them all and apparently episode 2 loses the plot altogether - apparently the Viper throws a schoolkid under the blades of a combined harvester and they visit Salmon and go into his cellar where he's secretly kidnapped some blind monks - WTF!!! I think they are trying a bit too hard!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Thought the first episode was ****e enough. They laid down some ground-work that could be really funny when it's paid off.

I'll at least give it 3 more episodes of chance before I make my conclusion. I do love the Viper though. Reason enough to keep watching.

kippy wrote: »
    I dont like the way in which you attempt to disregard of those who didnt like the first episode as "anti Irish" which is plainly what you have attempted to do. I think its shallow and a very juvenile effort in discrediting those who have negative points about the show.
    What do people regard as good is pretty irrelevant in this thread as this thread is about The Hardy Bucks - The TV Series. You should start a thread asking people what they think is good if that is the path you want to go down.
    The facts are some people liked the first episode, some didn't. I dont know what else you could expect with any TV show to be fair.
    Yeah, fair play to the guys making it, but obviously the guys wont get better if all they get pack is positives about a pretty poor effort in comparison to their earlier offerings.

Look Dude. I wasn't trying to advocate the situation as anti Irish. Your just a moral high goround merchant.

Fair enough The show was dodgy enough in parts, but it doesn't deserve the amount of over the top

"I had to take an overdose of anti depressents in the hope sweet death would take me, before episode 2 is aired!"

I also read a poster who'd said, I'm not sure if I'll watch again next week. Somehow I think they will be watching hoping it'll be worse than the first.

I don't really care how the show progresses, at the end of the day, they're novices. It is a shame that they couldn't improvise as much as th eyoutube videos, it was often a bit stilted. Even if the next one is ****e, then it's better than most ****e on RTE comedy have given us, and alot of the following we've endured down the line.

IE
    coupling
    2 pints of lager
    royal family
    American Dad
    2 and a half men
    scrubs
    king of queens
    Mitchell and web look
    8 out of 10 cats
    ask what ever the **** his name is
    max and paddy
    my family
    Vicer of dibly
    red dwarf
    Anything from Ben Elton
    Alexis sayle
    Will and Grace
    Cybil
    Happy days
    caroline in the city
    Spaced
    2 and a half men
    The Nanny
    Happiness (What the ****??)
    Gavin and stacey
    The cosby Show
    The PJ's (Woeful)
    US Office
    Punk'd
    That 70's show
    The Bernie mac show
    Dharma and Greg
    How I met your mother(Paint by numbers broad lets tick the boxes E4 repeat mainstream American ****e for Buffy lovers)
    8 simple rules
    Mock the week
    My name is Earl
    The one with Jim Belushi
    The other one with Danny Devito in Philadelphia
    Drew Carey show (**** Off)
    Home Improvements
    Every body hates Chris
    Everybody loves Raymond
    Futurama
    My Hero
    2 and a half men
    flight of the conchords
    George Lopez
    Malcom In the Middle (First series was good)
    Saved by the bell the new ass
    2 and a half men
    2 and a half men
    2 and a half men
    2 and a half men
    2 and a half men
    2 and a half men
    2 and a half men
    2 and a half men
    2 and a half men
    2 and a half men
    2 and a half men
    2 and a half men

Look Dude. I wasn't trying to advocate the situation as anti Irish. Your just a moral high goround merchant.
    You said this a couple of days ago:

"Had it been made on BBC2 or channel 4, you would have hailed it as a national treasure. Never Have I read such a load of thickle trash. Look at Glee for gods sake or ****e like X factor. At least this is Bold enough to take a chance."
    Why would people hail it if it was on these channels and not on RTE? I can only assume you make that assumption because had it been on these channels there would be a lack of irishness about it.

I aint taking no moral high ground in the television forum in a discussion about a very popular internet show that hasnt quiet transfered to mainstream TV (in its first episode) as many (including myself) would have liked it to. No matter what channel it aired on.

Kippy- I grow weary of your tedium.

Kippy- I grow weary of your tedium.

I've only posted a few times in response to your own post. Non of which were particularily tedious to write.
    Perhaps you found them tedious to read.
    Thats your opinion, and a fair stron opinion as well might I say.

But you're welcome to that strong opinion about my posts, in the same way that everyone on this topic is welcome to their opinion about the first in the TV series of THE HARDY BUCKS.

I hope you can appreciate the similaraties.

• Advertisement
Advertisement