Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding part-time work in Belfast

Options
  • 21-03-2010 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey guys, I'm starting a course in Belfast in September, and hoping to move up in July to look for a part-time job. I'm just wondering what my chances are of finding part-time work up there as I'll need to be employed while doing the course. I've been working full-time in a book shop for the past 4 years.. quite nervous about the prospect of being out of employment and going back to study but tis now or never!

Any tips on moving up and finding work would be greatly appreciated. Thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Angelandie

Just walking around the city, I've noticed a few shops have signs up for part-time work and as you've retail experience, you shouldn't have to much trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Chances are really really good! :D Everyone on my course who wanted work got it.

Try jobcentreonline.com for starters. It tends to have the non-agency stuff (which, much like home, can be much easier to get than the agency jobs).

Tips for moving up - buy a Belfast guide and be ready to explore. It really is a great city!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 girlfromwest

Thanks for the tips guys. I'll have to find the time to get up there and put my cv into places.

Advertisement