Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Camping Places

• 21-03-2010 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hey! I was planning on having a big gathering for camping(60+) during the summer and need a place for it that isnt a campsite that charges! Any ideas on places, prefferrably a beach but mention any that come to mind! Group involves teenagers who will prob be loud aswell!:p Thinking bout places like Achill, Old Head, Moore Hall etc.
    Comrade C
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Comrade C

Jst on the issue aswell, ar ya allowed camp on beaches like old head, bit that are away from wher the tide comes in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 maryf

The tide comes up really high at the beach in Old Head, though the headland is good. I'm fairly sure that all the beaches all have no camping signs....though I've camped there myself ages ago, 60 people would be hard to miss....

Say on the far side of the peer, in and around that area does the tide come up fully?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Irishmarinelife

Hi, please dont bring 60 people to camp on the beach or public land at Old Head, (or anywhere public I guess). A paid camp site with infrastructure and waste facilities is really the only unharmful option when you have that amount of people.
    60 will generate quite a lot of litter which you're going to need a small truck to carry away, a large amount of s**t if your not close to public toilets, lots of water and energy (or small fires) for cooking.
    Even with the best of intentions and lots of help its going to be hard to pull off all that on a patch of grass beside a beach and not leave a trace. Plus most of our beaches are close to or are special areas of conservation, wildlife and loud teenagers isnt a good idea.

BUT
    Do come and stay and have a blast at any of the campsites, adventure centres with facilities! There are lots in Mayo from Belmullet through Achill, Westport and Louisburgh and Delphi. So much to do and see and great staff. And usually not too dear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

You have the usual two chances of being allowed camp near any of the beaches listed. As already posted, you should only camp in the official sites. There are pretty severe penalties for straying from the straight & narrow. Check out the campsites listed on the Discover Ireland website. If it iis active holidays you are after, there's Delphi, Achill, & Elly Bay activity centres, which might be worth a try.

• Advertisement

Thanks vry much guys for the campsites! I think i jst went off with my ambitions thinking 60 ppl wud work in the wild:P!

Advertisement