Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

repairing a old pye radio

Options
  • 21-03-2010 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

hi i found a old radio and wanted to fix it. so just wanted to know if any knew where to start with tools and components

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 graigavern

hi i found a old radio and wanted to fix it. so just wanted to know if any knew where to start with tools and components

Any look with repairing your radio? I'll have a look at it if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

How old is it ? Valve/transistor ? Model number if possible ?

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

I'd assume it's a valve one (the ones worth saving are!) and the problem there is finding replacements. Apart from the fact that the valves used in those models are very often no longer available also the serial numbers differ across different regions. It is possible to find original valves, sometimes still in their boxes (NOS or "new old stock") but it's no easy.

I'd try and repair the radio as it is and see if you can get it working. If not then get the serial numbers off the valves and google them - there's a lot of info out there. The sound from those radios is just lovely so it is worth a little effort.

Advertisement