Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to make this brighter?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

It sure is. See my before and after below. I upped the exposure 4.5 stops. Any more and it gets extremely noisey.

I'll do it for you if you want? PM me if you're interested.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Would appreciate your help m83 thanks. Would also appreciate any help in being able to do it myself down the line. What application are you using?

I'll PM you a link anyway to the source file.

Thanks

I used Adobe Premiere Pro and a plugin called Magic Bullet Looks from Red Giant Software.

You could easily do it by bringing up the brightness (standard effect within Premiere Pro) but Magic Bullet does it better by adjusting the exposure. However, I wouldn't bother getting Magic Bullet unless you had more demanding colour correction jobs to do, it's overkill for just this application.

Let me know how the video works out for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

If you say the footage getting darker in places, try to control the Iris/Exposure, if your camera has this function.

Even the most basic camera will most likley have a 'backlight' setting. This will open the iris if there too much light behind what you are trying to record, eg. someone in front of a window indoors on a sunny day.

TommyGun wrote: »
    If you say the footage getting darker in places, try to control the Iris/Exposure, if your camera has this function.

Even the most basic camera will most likley have a 'backlight' setting. This will open the iris if there too much light behind what you are trying to record, eg. someone in front of a window indoors on a sunny day.

Thanks for the tips Tommy but this was shot on a mobile phone :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

Sorry about that.
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Thanks for the help lads. Was taken on a Nokia n95 so not a lot of options, a little lost as to why it's bright / dark so much but I guess my hand / the sun or what not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mendar98

Yea, there's cheap enough usb turntables out there.

I do a bit of this for people on occasion, in the studio. Drop me a pm if you're not interested in getting a turntable, i'll try and sort you out for cheap enough.

Advertisement