Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music that you actually hate... like... ACTUALLY

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

There's only a few of them I could give any attention to (The Coral,....em do Gorillaz count?), the rest all seem really average and identical.

Are the Coral those twats that do "Californiaaaaaaa, Cali-FORRR-niaaaa" cos if they are, I'll add them to the list. Simply mind numbingly awful song.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,333 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Kold wrote: »
    Are the Coral those twats that do "Californiaaaaaaa, Cali-FORRR-niaaaa" cos if they are, I'll add them to the list. Simply mind numbingly awful song.

That would be Phantom Planet who are from,eh,California.And you have the gumption to rate peoples music?

Anyway,Muse just sound like Radiohead with Downs Syndrome or something.

+1,000,000 to the Black Eyed Cnuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭odonopenmic

Ceol Tire. Period.

Dishonourable mentions for:

Gypsy Kings - Dance the Night Away (don't stand within a 5 foot radius of me, I will lash out indiscriminately like the zombies from 28 Days)

Don'tcha think your girlfriend is hot like me - Pussycat Scalds (or whatever it's called. Stop encouraging women to be bitchy, home-wreckin skanks!)

Barbara Streisand, Andrew Lloyd Weber, just musicals in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I think the band you're thinking of are the Coronas. Someone started a whole thread bitching about them and their California obsession.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

I think the band you're thinking of are the Coronas. Someone started a whole thread bitching about them and their California obsession.

i think the song you are all thinking about is this crap right here

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

The autotune pop / R&B sh*te that is played on the radio during the day almost drives me to ramming something into whatever is the source of the utter tripe that seems to be so popular. I genuinely have never been so irritated by any other type of music in my life as this crap... Bros, Boyzone, Westlife, Kylie... Mel & fckin Kim are all leagues ahead of this autotune bollix!!!

For example here is Kanye West... he was the only name I knew in this stuff thanks to the brilliant episode of South Park that ripped the sh*t out of him.

First link is a genuine track by him and the second the South Park piss take :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co0tTeuUVhU

Oh and Simply Red had a tendency over the years to make me want to punch someone/something.

And UB40.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Lol. This anti BEP stuff is hilarious. Elephunk has some cracking tunes on it and Will.I.Am is a genius. Not as good as Wyclef but very close.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭jiltloop

I agree, I cannot stand all this autotune crap. Spin FM plays it nonstop all day, it drives me mad. Even their jingle has autotune in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Lol. This anti BEP stuff is hilarious.
    Why?
    Elephunk has some cracking tunes on it and Will.I.Am is a genius.
    But that's your opinion... Anything I've heard by them (apart from Meet Me Halfway - that's not bad) I've found atrocious, and that doesn't include My Humps or Boom Boom Pow or whatever it's called... as they're an entirely different league of awfulness.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

jiltloop wrote: »
    I agree, I cannot stand all this autotune crap. Spin FM plays it nonstop all day, it drives me mad. Even their jingle has autotune in it.

You'd be suprised by how much autotune is used, even by credible artists. Chances are lots of the music you listen to uses autotune but you just don't notice. It isn't necessarily bad.

• Advertisement

Dudess wrote: »
    Why?

But that's your opinion... Anything I've heard by them (apart from Meet Me Halfway - that's not bad) I've found atrocious, and that doesn't include My Humps or Boom Boom Pow or whatever it's called... as they're an entirely different league of awfulness.

They're capable or writing some utter crap but the crap that they write is insanely popular. My Humps and Boom Boom Pow are awful but both are number 1's. And fair enough if you don't like I've got a feelin that's fine but Elephunk had 3 of the best pop singles of the year in Where is the Love, Shut up and Retarded which only Lady Gaga has matched.

For me they're a band who people don't like because they're succesful but if they weren't sucessful at all Where is the Love would be in Pitchfork's top 10 songs of the decade as a "near perfect rap-pop hybrid"

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

For me they're a band who people don't like because they're succesful but if they weren't sucessful at all Where is the Love would be in Pitchfork's top 10 songs of the decade as a "near perfect rap-pop hybrid"

I like Where is the Love. I just think that the rest of their work is utter crap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

How can anybody "hate" music? It's just music.

If I heard a song on the radio that didnt appeal to me I'd just turn it off.

But usually I wouldnt put myself in a position where I'd have to listen music I don't like.

It's not hard to avoid music you don't like. Theres noway I could ever hate a song. I understand not liking a song, but hate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

'I got a feein', the most overplayed rubbishy song ever released on radio. And theyre still playing it like its summer 09!!! I honestly think DJs cringe everytime they have to play stuff like this.

'Fight for this Love' Ah come on now, I think this one should just be forgotten about in light of recent events.

'Fireflies' Lyrics make absolutely no sense, just anoher catchy tune/lyrical drivel pushed onto the masses to get as many downloads as possible befpre people cop onto the fact that its sh*te!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Waterloo Sunset

The Cribs - Ryan Jarman's voice sounds like nails on a blackboard to me!

Kasabian - They act the big I am on stage, yet all their music is meh or pants and there's one song that sounds like a complete copy of Just by Radiohead's riff. Ego is too great for below par talent and it irks me so much!

And just to add to the Black Eyed Peas hate:

Edit: I have no idea how to embed a youtube link properly!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXHSdlzLmhs

They're capable or writing some utter crap but the crap that they write is insanely popular. My Humps and Boom Boom Pow are awful but both are number 1's. And fair enough if you don't like I've got a feelin that's fine but Elephunk had 3 of the best pop singles of the year in Where is the Love, Shut up and Retarded which only Lady Gaga has matched.

108666.jpg
    tdv123 wrote: »
    How can anybody "hate" music? It's just music.

If I heard a song on the radio that didnt appeal to me I'd just turn it off.

But usually I wouldnt put myself in a position where I'd have to listen music I don't like.

It's not hard to avoid music you don't like. Theres noway I could ever hate a song. I understand not liking a song, but hate?

If you can love music then you can hate music. I'm not talking about a case of overexposure although that can contribute, I'm talking about a song that offends you in such a way that you can make the conscious decision that you hate this.

I've hated books, I've hated art,I hate some music and I hate an assload of poetry. Fair enough if you don't feel strongly enough about it but it seems some of us do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Cheryl f*uckng cole, pains my ears, makes me want to kick in my expensive car radio!!

That "in the morning" song, grrrrrrr

and id rather crash (and nearly have a few times) trying to turn off that newish script song where he says something about "grafton street on a friday night" or whatever, AARGHH its the most cringable line ive EVER heard!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

king-stew wrote: »
    Cheryl f*uckng cole, pains my ears, makes me want to kick in my expensive car radio!!

Yes yes and yes again. How anyone can even listen to this sh*te is beyond me, and its nothing to do with lip synching or anything, the woman is just talentless and it kills me she is this years Mylene Klass, someone who whores themselves out to any publicity as long as it keeps their profile up.

Rubbish music...........and to be a talent 'judge' just make smy blood boil.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,135 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Where is the Love is fúcking terrible. Go listen to the lyrics. Easily the worst song in history.

108666.jpg

Of course Kold, my mistake. I should have said I hated the BEP and loved Radiohead, but only there crap electronic albums. The only thing worse than a music snob is a music snob who believes that Thome Yorke is a demi-god

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

They're capable or writing some utter crap but the crap that they write is insanely popular. My Humps and Boom Boom Pow are awful but both are number 1's.
    This isn't the "they're really popular so therefore they must be good" argument is it? There is not necessarily a correlation between the two. If there was, Westlife are therefore good.
    Elephunk had 3 of the best pop singles of the year in Where is the Love, Shut up and Retarded which only Lady Gaga has matched.
    Sorry to repeat myself, but that's your opinion. You reckon people are "wrong" because they don't agree with it?
    I hate Where Is The Love? so much - I always have done.
    For me they're a band who people don't like because they're succesful
    "For you"? Maybe people don't like them because they think they're sh1t?

Music snobbery is wanky (although sometimes here, a person is a "music snob" simply because they dislike a particular act - not a music snob though if they dislike an act whom their detractors also dislike) but reverse musical snobbery, for want of a better expression, is kinda worse, in my opinion. This attitude of "You only dislike them because you're a music snob/it's cool to dislike them/to like them is to be 'down to earth', to dislike them is to be pretentious/you're a begrudger" in defence of someone who are considered by many to be utterly sh1t... is really arrogant.

I like tunes by a lot of people who get absolutely slammed here - Razorlight, Kaiser Chiefs, Hard Fi... But I think Black Eyed Peas are atrocious, based on their output, nothing else.
    tdv123 wrote: »
    How can anybody "hate" music?
    Black Eyed Peas appear to. Celine Dion once said she disliked music - yet still makes a mint out of it. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

I hate all music sung by female RnB "divas".

Dudess wrote: »
    This isn't the "they're really popular so therefore they must be good" argument is it? There is not necessarily a correlation between the two. If there was, Westlife are therefore good.

And that wasn't the argument but there is a correlation when they can maintain that popularity for a long time because people don't buy stuff they think is crap. They buy things they think are good. Critics make up such a minisule percentage of people listening to music that when their negative view is faced with massive sales then who's to say there's holds more weight. The fact is that clubs play music their patrons like and I haven't been in one that hasn't played a BEP song in a long long time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

a thread i like:)

. I use to like Snow Patrol now i find them a boring pain in the neck and Gary Lightbody, the singer, is the biggest muppet ever. .

Just wondering, why you think that? Did you meet him and he was a príck? Or a muppet as in you just purely dont like his music/voice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

'R&B'... All of it!
    I'm not talking about the old rhythm and blues whose name this stole even though it isn't even a bastardised cousin. I'm talking about the recent tepid pop bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,862 ✭✭✭RayCon

I seriously don't have enough time in life to compile all the music I hate into a list and give reasons why ... if I was to start writing - I don't think Id ever stop ... just as I was about to put down the pen , some new "song" would be released and Id have to continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Leona Lewis. And her whiney melodramatical crap. Just shut up woman.

Of course Kold, my mistake. I should have said I hated the BEP and loved Radiohead, but only there crap electronic albums.

108856.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Lots of reaction images ITT. Its like I'm really on /mu/.

I really hate Bullet for my Valentine, or to be more precise, I hate people who mix them up with My Bloody Valentine.
    Good gawd.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

Has to be Black Eyed Peas for me. The music its self is f*cking by the numbers unimaginative hip hop beats that have zero hooks or f*cking anything remotely f*cking interesting going on. Then the lyrics in their songs. I hope to Jesus they make that **** up on the spot because if they actually seen the muck sh*te they come out with written down then they would be fu*king ashamed with themselves if they had any brain between them.

Worst song has to be that song tonites going to be a good nite or whatever its called. Big steaming pile of sh*te. I would love to stab those f*ckers with a rusty spoon. You f*cking suck black eyes peas!

/rant

f*ck me... you really do dislike the Black Eyed Peas... don't think they wrote the song you mentioned above... was David Guetta behind that?

Advertisement