Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music that you actually hate... like... ACTUALLY

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

this is so fcuking crap it makes me sick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Jordan Berbatov

I despise the music butcher that is Akon. With lyrics such as "I'm trying to find the words to describe this girl without being disrespectful" and "wanna make up right now now now, Wish we never broke up right now now now", he makes will.i.am and the like look like bob dylan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭jiltloop

nommm wrote: »
    You'd be suprised by how much autotune is used, even by credible artists. Chances are lots of the music you listen to uses autotune but you just don't notice. It isn't necessarily bad.
    You completely miss my point. I know all about autotune, I've studied sound engineering and I dabble in music production myself. Autotune is meant to be for correcting the pitch of the vocalist, when used correctly of course it isn't noticeable. Of course it isn't bad when you don't notice it. Its when its being used as an effect that it becomes a horrible aural pollutant.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭dazco

Anything by the script, they seriously just make me angry. Their lyrics are cheesy and cringe worthy and the music is just plain sh*te, and they're on the radio all of the time! I seriously can't understand why they're so popular...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Blunt, Gaga, Some dragonfly song that I always seem to hear on the radio....or fireflies I'm not sure but it's godawful

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

That would be Owl City. Professional Postal Service tribute act

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Lady Gaga's music is grand. Her persona is something that she should be sentenced to death for. She isn't a fashion icon/high art whatsit. She is just some idiot that wore a Kermit the frog jumper and lampshade over her ugly mush.

Bob Dylan. If ever there was a man who just picks notes out of the air while he is singing then it's him. The lad doesn't and never had a voice. I'd rather hear an alley full of cats having an orgy than listen to this man drivel on. Good lyrics though...

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

I find it really hard to hate music, i like most songs... that said i DESPISE Justin f*cking Bieber. He looks like a butch lesbian. He sounds like a 4 year old. I want to beat the sh*t into him and every 14 year old girl that queefs in their pants every time his song is played. :mad: grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Dizee Rascal makes me want to shoot up a supermarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Kesha or "Ke$ha however the hell she spells it!

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

zimovain wrote: »
    Dizee Rascal makes me want to shoot up a supermarket.

What, you mean go bonkers like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

I hate Heavy Metal Rock with a passion!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Kevin Bacon

CamperMan wrote: »
    f*ck me... you really do dislike the Black Eyed Peas... don't think they wrote the song you mentioned above... was David Guetta behind that?

Well even if David Guetta did write it doesn't really matter as he is another absolute sh*tmonger when it comes to his "music".

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭maupat

Couldn't stand Jamiroquai or M People back in the 90's

Not too fond of The Script these days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

dazco wrote: »
    Anything by the script, they seriously just make me angry. Their lyrics are cheesy and cringe worthy .

one of their songs says something about "grafton street on a rainy night" and by god i just wanna kill myself its so cringeworthy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Kold wrote: »
    My example of something just offending my aural senses outright would be anything by Deerhoof. GOOD F*CKING GOD, punk instrumentals never did a lot for me but that girls vocals make my brain turn to f*cking mush. Aphex Twin made Ventolin to be obnoxious but it sounds like MOZART compared to Deerhoof. God I hate her stupid voice and the stupid quirky sh*t she sings.

Late Deerhoof is very different to early Deerhoof!

I love Deerhoof.

I really don't like a lot of rock music. I play guitar, I hate the vast majority of 'guitar music'. People have been playing the same scale (minor pentatonic) for decades and everyone still thinks it's great. Usually on Les Paul guitars into Marshall amps because 'they're the best' - a lot of people don't seem to think outside the box and see what other equipment there is to use, exactly the same way they decide what kind of music to play. Guns 'n' Roses, Metallica, that kinda stereotypical RAWK music, all that 'guitar god' crowd like Vai, SRV, Petrucci, none of it appeals to me. It's been stagnant for forty years.

I really don't like Muse, but the annoying thing is, they could be very good. Bellamy's obviously a highly trained musician (see: piano solo in Butterflies and Hurricanes) - anyone who's studied music for long enough to be able to play like that knows there's a lot of exciting music out there. So why is he writing faux-metal riffs and stealing hooks off Blondie?

I absolutely love a lot of electronic music, I think electronic music is one of the few areas of music where innovations are constantly being made and sounds are getting more and more exciting and interesting, and when one ideas dies, there are plenty more being discovered. So why the **** do we still have tools like Tiesto and Deadmau5 making music? There are a few people who are genuine innovators and maintain a high profile, like Autechre and Aphex Twin, but there have to be thousands more who aren't getting covered. Why not??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Oh, and I hate watered-down 'indie' pop rock. Razorlight, The Libertines, The Temper Trap, The Script, The Coronas, Kings of Leon, all that effortless bollocks that will be forgotten as soon as the whole jangly-guitar-scruffy-boy-band thing stops being trendy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

I agree completely with the Black Eyed Peas hate, their stuff is really atrocious. Though, I must admit I like that song "Meet Me Halfway". Every other song of theirs I heard has wrecked my head.

I had more respect for their older stuff (which wasn't much better, tbh), before they added Fergie and sold out.

this is what really annoys me. hip hop fans getting on some they were cool before they got the pop singer bandwagon. I remember them before Fergie- they were ALWAYS sh1t. Always a cheesey as fcuk bunch of losers who couldnt sell a record because their Californian home was ruled by the classic sounds of 90s g funk. (oddly enough i think Eazy E first signed these spas to ruthless)

Apart from them, despise the Chillis. One good, soulful, meaningful song in 25 years of poptastic meaningless crap churned out.

Oh, and Outkast. In the early 90s they were one of the best groups around. Post 2000 they are an embarassing pop outfit yet still get their lad sucked by every music journo and rap fan who hails their latest offering of Mitchelstown Fresh as being innovative, rather than utter sh1te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Viscaria

Justin Bieber he makes Jonas Brothers look like The Beatles....well not really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 grainne01

for me its coldplay.
    i cant even explain why. their music..the guy's voice..the sound...it just f*cking makes me feel so irritated when i hear them anywhere.. thinking about them even pisses me off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

You got the look by Florence for some reason just annoys me profoundly

El Pr0n wrote: »
    Oh, and I hate watered-down 'indie' pop rock. Razorlight, The Libertines, The Temper Trap, The Script, The Coronas, Kings of Leon, all that effortless bollocks that will be forgotten as soon as the whole jangly-guitar-scruffy-boy-band thing stops being trendy.

Agree with you on everything but the libertines. Love them or hate them, they have a spark about them and seem the real deal. I wouldn't lump them in with, say, the coronas (who is buying their records???)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Waterloo Sunset

You got the look by Florence for some reason just annoys me profoundly

I really REALLY don't understand the mass love of "You've got the Love". I hated the original and all following remixes and covers. I don't understand the appeal and I just want it to go away!!!

Also hating this a lot atm:

Bad choice of 70s influences on the video.

Bad choice of 80s influences in the song.

AND WTF IS UP WITH THE SUPERFLUOUS ILLUMINATI TRIANGLES?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

I really REALLY don't understand the mass love of "You've got the Love". I hated the original and all following remixes and covers. I don't understand the appeal and I just want it to go away!!!

Also hating this a lot atm:

Bad choice of 70s influences on the video.

Bad choice of 80s influences in the song.

AND WTF IS UP WITH THE SUPERFLUOUS ILLUMINATI TRIANGLES?!?!
    what really annoyed me was when she did a remix or whatever of that same cover with Dizzy from brits award and that was released too. And some Djs were just foaming at the mouth at it.
    There is overkill and then there is complete overkill. Time for some new stuff Florence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I don't like almost anything that was not composing original music in the 20th century or earlier........

......and there was a TV music station called Flaunt.....I don't like whatever that kind of music is.......

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Smeggy

Florence and the Machine--ARRRRGGHHH!!! Her voice pierces my brain, she sounds like a constipated sheep!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Anything by the following:
    Hard-Fi
    Good Charlotte
    Simply Red

Plenty of others too, but those three in particular hit top of the bill for me, for the music, but also (and I know this isn't the point) but the people involved strike me as a right shower of *****

In general, what tends to be hugely popular depresses me, because I feel that a sublime art is being watered down to the point of oblivion, but in a way I feel glad that, for example, I can go and see Grizzly Bear play a sold out show in Vicar Street instead of the o2 or any other huge venue. I don't have a problem (not a huge problem anyway, most of the time) with people enjoying music that I hate, but it's annoying to be bombarded with it. Somebody said in this thread that there's such a thing as an off button. But that all depends, you might work in a shopping centre or a supermarket etc. etc. where you have no choice but to hear music you hate. Radio stations have a few songs that they will play every hour, and so even if you don't want to, you have to hear it, every hour, because of where you work.
    The music that is most often attributed to being 'exalted' by 'snobs' is some kind of indie/electronic/electronic indie or whatever; Radiohead's Kid A and Amnesiac are usually the prime examples, but this music is never forced upon people, and most people who appreciate it, as it appears to me, have arrived at their level of appreciation through autonomous exploration rather than suggestion.

Anyway, Black Eyed Peas are **** and so on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

karen-o related music. I hate her and everything she stands for. The music is utter toss and really gets me angry and irritated when it comes on. Its the most drab heap of horse toss ever. The yea yea yeas are ****ing ****.

Im sick of people going "oh they are so creative and stylish" because karen uses a soup bowl to cut her hair and shops in a second hand store. She sounds like a castrated goat. I fill up with rage.

That 'they wont love you like i love you' song. Worst song ever. I want her dead.

im in a bad mood now, thanks >;(

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭The_D_Man

I wouldnt be surprised if Lady Gaga was a hermaphrodite with a voice like that...nothing ****ing grates against me more. A lot of her appeal is her 'obscure' image but in reality she just looks like a ****ing tool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭unknownlegend

Kold wrote: »
    There are a lot of artists out there that I don't like for one reason or another. Some just produce music that offers little interest to me and then start to annoy with posturing frontmen or undue popularity causing my elitist mind to fill with rage. But a lot of it is mostly just bad because it fails at being good.

I'm not looking for the huge lists of artists that loads of people love but you dislike. I'm looking for examples of music that in actuality, if you'd never have to see them, or have to hear about them, if you had no insight to the music whatsoever, just sounds like nails on a chalkboard to your soul.

For example, I don't like trance music at all really but that's because I think it's just boring and unimaginative compared to other electronic genres. I'm sure if I found myself in a club playing trance music, I could deal with it, so it doesn't make this list.

My example of something just offending my aural senses outright would be anything by Deerhoof. GOOD F*CKING GOD, punk instrumentals never did a lot for me but that girls vocals make my brain turn to f*cking mush. Aphex Twin made Ventolin to be obnoxious but it sounds like MOZART compared to Deerhoof. God I hate her stupid voice and the stupid quirky sh*t she sings.

Another would be that Killers song 'Smile like you mean it', that song makes me want to stab people in the f*cking face. I never liked anything they made but that song just took the piss, the fact that it got so much radio airplay when I was working in a shop made me want to tear down the very foundations of society. They should play this to Al Qaeda cells before they go on missions.

Listen to 'captain beefheart'. I like them, anyone i've shown it to cant stand it! Very love or hate, no middle ground.

Advertisement