Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music that you actually hate... like... ACTUALLY

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Sinfonia wrote: »
    I think the point in No Surprises was to hold a comparison between the disenchanted nature of the lyrics and the deadpan delivery of Thom's voice.
    "I'll take a quite life" etc., he wants calm and boring, not excitement..

Also, and trying to remove my own bias here, because I adore the whole album, but surely you don't find the 'heavier' moments of the album (Electioneering, for example, and the bit in the middle and outro of Paranoid Android) dull and boring?

I actually love Electioneering, but Lucky is my out and out favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

I don't want to turn this into a dissection of OK Computer, but...
    I think the point in No Surprises was to hold a comparison between the disenchanted nature of the lyrics and the deadpan delivery of Thom's voice.
    "I'll take a quite life" etc., he wants calm and boring, not excitement..

I get what you mean about the whole "deadpan" thing. I just find it too flat and too much like a whiny teenager. Instead of connecting or sympathising with Yorke, I want to tell him to shut up. See? :)
    Also, and trying to remove my own bias here, because I adore the whole album, but surely you don't find the 'heavier' moments of the album (Electioneering, for example, and the bit in the middle and outro of Paranoid Android) dull and boring?

This is where it (really) boils down to personal opinion... I can understand how someone else would enjoy it. I think they're not interesting. Not enough oomph in them... And yes, I do know how bad that sounds. :D

The end of Paranoid Android, especially, seems very very messy to me. Like they put in sounds (including the instruments) simply for the sake of it. It also irritates me with Paranoid Android that it takes something like two and a half minutes for a song to get 'heavier' as you put it, and then another three for it to get heavier again. Too little too late.

Electioneering sounds better, but still... it just doesn't work for me. There's nothing in it to get me excited. That's just my personal opinion, of course.

Advertisement