Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I can't really agree, some fun facts but not much about the actual headshops.The whole seemed to centre around "drugs are bad mmmkay?"

and very little about the actual shops themselves

Indeed. Mostly because they weren't able to get any shop owners to talk to them! It would have been unrealistic to expect RTÉ to get much real news into a 30 minute documentary though...

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

You've got mail is on.

/dies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    You've got mail is on.

/dies

I do hope that's dying with happiness because You've Got Mail is full of win and lots of less than three.

Channel?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Indeed. Mostly because they weren't able to get any shop owners to talk to them! It would have been unrealistic to expect RTÉ to get much real news into a 30 minute documentary though...
    well,what do you expect? when their industry competitiors are murderers and gangsters,I'd hide my identity as well.I thought they would at least get a written statement,but the media would twist that to an amazing extenet.
    One thing I hated abou tit was the exposé on the 17 year old that nearly died.Excuse my sarcasm here,but they basic rundown was:she took a drug similar to Meth-amphetamine,got a high similar to meth and had a bad reaction similar to meth,became addicted the first time she used it similar to meth and thinks it's a bad drug similar to meth.

his realisation:methadrome is similar to meth!! which is bad and dangerous[sorry if that belittled the issue,but we all know that drugs and drug-like chemicals are bad,not exactly informative any more]

@Hotaru: I'm telling you "less than three" is going to be a thing,it's on TV3.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

One thing I hated abou tit was the exposé on the 17 year old that nearly died.Excuse my sarcasm here,but they basic rundown was:she took a drug similar to Meth-amphetamine,got a high similar to meth and had a bad reaction similar to meth,became addicted the first time she used it similar to meth and thinks it's a bad drug similar to meth.

Same deal with the M.I.A video, it's called sensationalism. Same deal happened that retard took mushrooms, drank a litre of vodka and then jumped off a balcony. I wasn't just to do with the drugs he took, it was a combination of lots of things, but that was played down for the sake of demonising drugs. When programs like this get aired, an increase in pressure on the minister for Health gets mounted and the product will get banned (Mephedrone's getting banned in June anyway afaik)
    his realisation:methadrome is similar to meth!! which is bad and dangerous[sorry if that belittled the issue,but we all know that drugs and drug-like chemicals are bad,not exactly informative any more]

All drugs are not inherently bad.

The problem with mephedrone is that its effects are not properly researched. MDMA/Methamphetamine/other analogues have been around for much longer, this however has not.

I am prolegalisation of almost all drugs (With taxation) meaning drugs could be sourced in a pure form (And when needed, in an enantiomerically pure form), without being cut with painkillers/sugar/whatever. One advantage to this? People would stop resorting to shít like BZP/Mephedrone, where you have frankly no idea what you're really taking (At least if you were to buying of a dealer, you wouldn't be buying "Plant Food").......

Yeah, I had a point, at one stage. >_>

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Hotaru wrote: »
    I do hope that's dying with happiness because You've Got Mail is full of win and lots of less than three.

Channel?!
    No, it's awful! The ending, oh goodness.

Watch Notting Hill instead

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Okay, maybe I was a bit harsh on RTÉ last night :p Turns out they can put together some very good documentaries too (as opposed to the rather tame Head Shops.)

I've just watched both parts of Growing Up Gay, and I'm very impressed with how well it was done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭bevan619

Kerrang's Rock 100 2010 :D Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Californication ATM :D

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    No, it's awful! The ending, oh goodness.

Watch Notting Hill instead

Aw but it's so cute! <3 it.

Notting Hill is fabulous too. Hugh Grant <3
    Okay, maybe I was a bit harsh on RTÉ last night :p Turns out they can put together some very good documentaries too (as opposed to the rather tame Head Shops.)

I've just watched both parts of Growing Up Gay, and I'm very impressed with how well it was done.

I watched it all last night. VERY impressed. You nearly wouldn't think it was made by RTE :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Jako8 wrote: »
    Pushing Daises is so awesome. I don't know why RTE don't show it earlier when more people could see it.

It's a great show but it moves so frantically I get tired just trying to keep up with it. And it is definitely one of the weirdest shows I've ever seen. Still, it has Kristin Chenoweth and that in itself is instant win. :D

• Advertisement

Hotaru wrote: »

Channel?!
    I think it's a bit too surreal,I mean what kind of weirdo falls for someone over the internet?* Ducks and heads for cover*

Hmm,I'm torn I saw some of Avatar earlier at my sisters and have the DVD here now,but if IO and everyone else thinks growing up gay is good.I might watch that instead.

*you know who you are,and you know you all get less than three's,so we cool?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

I think it's a bit too surreal,I mean what kind of weirdo falls for someone over the internet?* Ducks and heads for cover*

Hmm,I'm torn I saw some of Avatar earlier at my sisters and have the DVD here now,but if IO and everyone else thinks growing up gay is good.I might watch that instead.

*you know who you are,and you know you all get less than three's,so we cool?

Gretchen Alan, stop trying to make fetch less than three happen! It's not going to happen! :P

No really.

I keep meaning to watch that (Growing Up Gay)... I'll get around to it. I currently have a strange need to watch Titanic... The last time I saw it I was about 8 and.... I'm beyond procrastinating. It's just silly now.

Gretchen Alan, stop trying to make fetch less than three happen! It's not going to happen! :P

No really.
    What's that? Do I smell jealousy? Fine,I'll let it die[ for now]

I swear Extrasuper-Fairy is going to stick though

Also,for anyone who caught the Evangelion bug,watch Elfen Lied it's a bit more "visual" but there's a lot of the same vibe to it,I think anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

In the last week I have watched:
    - Date Night (Tina Fey and Steve Carell, can't go too wrong)
    - Blind Side
    - Zombieland
    - 500 Days of Summer
    - Sex Drive

Thought they were all really good, except for sex drive, that was meh.

kateos2 wrote: »
    In the last week I have watched:
    - Date Night (Tina Fey and Steve Carell, can't go too wrong)
    - Blind Side
    - Zombieland
    - 500 Days of Summer
    - Sex Drive

Thought they were all really good, except for sex drive, that was meh.

I saw Date Night 2 weeks ago and saw Iron Man 2 on Friday. Saw both in the cinema :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

I have a worrying obsession with 500 days of summer :(

Craguls wrote: »

It's amazing, I finally got around to buying it on DVD the other day and have watched it several times already. The soundtrack is <3

Craguls wrote: »
    I've been meaning to watch that? What's it like?

I get a "Nick and Nora's infinte playlist" kind of vibe from it[that movie is made of so much awesome <3]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

I've been meaning to watch that? What's it like?

it's very good. It's pretty original at times but horribly clichéd at others.
    Watch, you'll like it.

Whisper of the Heart was great, as was expected! :p

500 Days of Summer is one of my favourite films - anyone who hasn't seen it SHOULD. It's a lot more realistic than most films dealing with love/romance, imo anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

For all the people who love 500 days of summmer, ye should take a look at Woody Allen's Annie Hall.... Its fantastic too. Watched Anchorman: The Lost Tapes last night but didn't really enjoy it...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Watched the film version of Rent last night, surprisingly good! This song has been in my head ALL DAY.

Watching Dexter... AGAIN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Watched Sex Drive last night as I was told it was one of the best comedies of last year- it wasn't. Its lack of funny disturbed me, Seth Green's Amish guy was the only thing that made me laugh. As a movie it was watchable though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Watched Sex Drive last night as I was told it was one of the best comedies of last year- it wasn't. Its lack of funny disturbed me, Seth Green's Amish guy was the only thing that made me laugh. As a movie it was watchable though.

I didn't enjoy it at all either.

Went to see Iron Man 2 last night. One of the most boring movies I've seen in a good while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

I went to see The Blind Side last night. It was only ok.

Watched Il Postino this morning. It's stolen my heart, the music is beautiful.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Watched Il Postino this morning. It's stolen my heart, the music is beautiful.:)

Doing that for Leaving Cert English this year. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

I get a "Nick and Nora's infinte playlist" kind of vibe from it[that movie is made of so much awesome <3]

You're joking...right? That was a terrible movie...

• Advertisement

kateos2 wrote: »
    Went to see Iron Man 2 last night. One of the most boring movies I've seen in a good while.
    :mad:

I'm still watching Dexter...

Advertisement