Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

RTE2 are showing Peep Show tonight, the very first episode. One of the strongest opening episodes of any comedy ever.
    I'll trust your judgement, set to record series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

I watched The Big Lebowski again today, always an awesome film, in the parlance of our times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I swear RTE 2 only have the rights to the first two episodes of Peep Show and alternate between them every few weeks thinking no-one will notice. Well I notice -.-

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I watched The Big Lebowski again today, always an awesome film, in the parlance of our times.

It's fitting that I was drinking a White Russian when you posted that. The dude abides. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Just watched Skyfall there, pretty amazing I must say..

I have "Dr.No" here aswell so I might watch one Bond movie a week..

It'll be June 15th I believe when I'm finished, that's weird haha..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Just saw Django Unchained and it's friggin' awesome!!! 3 hours is a long time, I'm amazed I had the attention span for it tbh. Another Tarantino classic, but not for anyone too easily offended/upset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

TheStook wrote: »
    Just watched Skyfall there, pretty amazing I must say..

I have "Dr.No" here aswell so I might watch one Bond movie a week..

It'll be June 15th I believe when I'm finished, that's weird haha..

Should just do a weekend marathon.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Just saw Django Unchained and it's friggin' awesome!!! 3 hours is a long time, I'm amazed I had the attention span for it tbh. Another Tarantino classic, but not for anyone too easily offended/upset.

I didn't know that was out already! :eek:

What cinema did you go to?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

The torrent inn...

*awkward*

We had the copy they show to The Academy :pac::pac::pac:

(Yes folks, I do help judge the Oscars)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Game of Thrones season 3 + The National = SO MUCH WIN!!!!

Game of Thrones season 3 + The National = SO MUCH WIN!!!!

I don't really understand this Teaser, is it something that's in the book?

I really must get around to reading them, I have the first book here but just haven't had the time with the Leaving and Tv!

I might hazard a guess that it's something to do with Brans dreams, maybe seeing the future modernised?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Watched the 1st and 2nd episode of Band Of Brothers again. Love that series. NEED THEM ON BLU-RAY

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

Started white collar and Sherlock over the weekend!Both very good!

Just watched Fargo for the first time, loved it.

I've had a bit of a Coen Bros marathon this weekend- Big Lebowski, No Country For Old Men, True Grit and Fargo..

A Serious Man is next on the list..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Re watching House from the beginning ATM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I don't really understand this Teaser, is it something that's in the book?

I really must get around to reading them, I have the first book here but just haven't had the time with the Leaving and Tv!

I might hazard a guess that it's something to do with Brans dreams, maybe seeing the future modernised?

I'm not actually sure as to what they're getting at in the teaser, I've only seen the series, haven't gotten around to reading the books yet which i a damn shame, so your guess is as good as mine!
    But yeah it must be something to do with Bran's dreams as we see the 3 eyed bird again.
    However as for the modernised aspect of it, no clue!

I'm not actually sure as to what they're getting at in the teaser, I've only seen the series, haven't gotten around to reading the books yet which i a damn shame, so your guess is as good as mine!
    But yeah it must be something to do with Bran's dreams as we see the 3 eyed bird again.
    However as for the modernised aspect of it, no clue!

Yeah, hmmm....I'm sure its something to do with the books and not necessarily the series..

Its back soon enough anyway so we won't have to wait too long to find out..

Up to date on How I Met Your Mother. WOW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Watched Cyberbully there, pretty good.

• Advertisement

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Up to date on How I Met Your Mother. WOW!

Wow as in the latest season has been the biggest pile of ****e you've have ever watched?

I stopped watching after episode 10 I think, does it get better?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Watched Cyberbully there, pretty good.

I'm guessing this is about Cyberbullying?

Is it a documentary or a film?

Bahaha. Frasier is so damn good.

"IN ACCORDANCE WITH NEW STATION POLICY, LET'S PANDER TO THE LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR! WHO WANT'S TO TALK ABOUT SEX! SEX, SEX, SEX, SEX, SEX! I WANNA KNOW WHEN YOU'RE HAVING IT, HOW YOU'RE HAVING IT! I WANNA KNOW IF YOU'RE HAVING IT RIGHT NOW!"

"While Kitty laces up her leather bustier, this is Dr. Frasier Crane, KACL. All talk! All night! All naked! "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I'm guessing this is about Cyberbullying?

Is it a documentary or a film?

It's one of those abc true-to-life movies, with Emily Osment playing the victim of vicious cyberbullies. It's got the standard plot/emotional arc/character types etc but it's not a bad watch in comparison to some other movies dealing with teenage issues :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Yeah although I don't think I'm wrong to say this but the bullying depicted was probably tame in comparison to what goes on IRL. Tame probably isn't the right word, but in school she didn't really seem to be bullied except for the snide remarks from the 'popular' kids. Maybe its because my perception of her though, she doesn't look like the type of person who would be bullied, and also her group of friends just came across as populars but not in the arrogant way the other group was.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

The Lizzie Bennet diaries are breaking my heart right now. I just...ugh.

Who would have thought I'd freak over Pride and Prejudice? :L

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

In preparation for my week or so of nothingness after I have surgery I've stocked up on DVD's.

I got all 4 seasons of the OC
    The last 2 seasons I needed of scrubs to complete my collection
    Seasons 1 & 2 of Miranda
    The big bang theory season 6
    The Hunger games, trainspotting, 5 year engagement and something else I've forgotten...

Should last me. On another note, so sad that HMV might be closing :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Abduction - 3/10. Just as rubbish as I expected/

+1 Pigwidgeon. Really sad news about HMV. Doubt there's much hope for them long term really. Only a matter of time before them and Xtra-Vision fade away completely. Sad times. :(

• Advertisement

Wow as in the latest season has been the biggest pile of ****e you've have ever watched?

I stopped watching after episode 10 I think, does it get better?

Yes!!!! Oh dear god yes!!

Advertisement