Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Yes!!!! Oh dear god yes!!

Yes meaning its gotten better or yes meaning you agree its terrible haha?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

TheStook wrote: »
    Yes meaning its gotten better or yes meaning you agree its terrible haha?

Better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

cloud493 wrote: »
    Abduction - 3/10. Just as rubbish as I expected/

With Taylor L? Umm thought it was ok when I watched it.

I've watched last 3 days
    Never Say Never- Beast! I watch this like every month, seen it on Netflix so was like why not? :)
    Cyberbully-Good
    The Ward-A bad version Shutter Island
    The Final-Kinda good I thought for the type of movie it was
    Hostel 3(WTF is this ****, so so bad.)
    Chain Letter-Ummmm typical slasher.

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Better!

I watched them and I've no idea how you think its gotten better haha
    Oh, Ted loves Robyn? AGAIN? Get over it for Christ sake..So
    repetitive

Only good thing is that it looks like Its gonna be finished soon..

I'm just pissed cause it used to be one of my favourite shows and its sad that they've created one of the worst seasons of any show I've ever watched..Oh well haha

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Saw this last night, it's probably my favourite episode of Blackadder ever, and is up there among my all time favourite TV moments:
    Private Baldrick: No, the thing is: The way I see it, these days there's a war on, right? and, ages ago, there wasn't a war on, right? So, there must have been a moment when there not being a war on went away, right? and there being a war on came along. So, what I want to know is: How did we get from the one case of affairs to the other case of affairs?
    Captain Blackadder: Do you mean "How did the war start?"
    Lieutenant George: The war started because of the vile Hun and his villainous empire- building.
    Captain Blackadder: George, the British Empire at present covers a quarter of the globe, while the German Empire consists of a small sausage factory in Tanganiki. I hardly think that we can be entirely absolved of blame on the imperialistic front.
    Lieutenant George: Oh, no, sir, absolutely not.
    [aside, to Baldrick]
    Lieutenant George: Mad as a bicycle!
    Private Baldrick: I heard that it started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich 'cause he was hungry.
    Captain Blackadder: I think you mean it started when the Archduke of Austro-Hungary got shot.
    Private Baldrick: Nah, there was definitely an ostrich involved, sir.
    Captain Blackadder: Well, possibly. But the real reason for the whole thing was that it was too much effort not to have a war.
    Lieutenant George: By Gum, this is interesting. I always loved history. The Battle of Hastings, Henry VIII and his six knives, all that.
    Captain Blackadder: You see, Baldrick, in order to prevent war in Europe, two superblocs developed: us, the French and the Russians on one side, and the Germans and Austro-Hungary on the other. The idea was to have two vast opposing armies, each acting as the other's deterrent. That way there could never be a war.
    Private Baldrick: But, this is a sort of a war, isn't it, sir?
    Captain Blackadder: Yes, that's right. You see, there was a tiny flaw in the plan.
    Private Baldrick: What was that, sir?
    Captain Blackadder: It was bollocks.
    Private Baldrick: So the poor old ostrich died for nothing then.

Couple that exchange with the final scene, with Blackadder and Darling coming together and then fading out to the poppy fields... it's just perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Charlie Brooker, best thing on tv on a Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

7 episodes into Dexter, I am hooked!!

Epic stuff.

So, I've decided to watch one "classic" movie a week which I've never seen before from here on out.

Started last week with "This is Spinal Tap", which was so good that I was compelled to go and buy the soundtrack from iTunes immediately afterwards.

Just finished watching "The Breakfast Club". That is a truly amazing film. I read the synopsis and was expecting it to be an awful piece of drivel. But, just, wow.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    So, I've decided to watch one "classic" movie a week which I've never seen before from here on out.

Started last week with "This is Spinal Tap", which was so good that I was compelled to go and buy the soundtrack from iTunes immediately afterwards.

Just finished watching "The Breakfast Club". That is a truly amazing film. I read the synopsis and was expecting it to be an awful piece of drivel. But, just, wow.

That's weird, I decided to do the same thing last week, and my first movie was- THE BREAKFAST CLUB!
    What a fantastic movie, the pure emotion in that scene when they are all sharing stuff and the beautiful closing scene. Great movie

Don't know what to watch next though, might go with The Deer Hunter

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

Can't wait for Season 3 of Suits!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Palytoxin wrote: »
    Can't wait for Season 3 of Suits!

I watched the first season in the last few weeks, just starting the second now, I love it :D

I watched the first season in the last few weeks, just starting the second now, I love it :D
    I got Screaminmidget and another few hooked on it! It's great! You should give Franklin and Bash a look too!

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

Started watching White Collar recently. I'm on season 3 now and I absolutely love it! Really funny, and Matt Bomer is unbelievable beautiful, which helps of course!

Getting into Community, the short episodes really don't suit me, I say I'll watch one, then it often leads to 5, then 10...

Sherlock, Sherlock, 1000 times Sherlock! Only 6 episodes and they're an hour and a half long but my God it is good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Just started watching parks and recreation. Really enjoying it so far, it's done in a similar style to the office. Amy Poehler is great.

So last night I watched Office Space for the first time. Was nice to finally see that printer scene in context, and overall I thought it was a fairly good movie.

My one issue with it was Milton. I was genuinely pissed off that he was still being treated like sh*t at the end of the movie. I mean, off all the characters in the film, he was the only one I actually found sympathetic. I hated watching his scenes because no matter how funny the scene before was, I was immediately deflated after it.

Probably just me being over-sensitive, but I dunno, something about it really touched a nerve for me.

I've just finished watching a documentary on Netflix called "For the Bible Tells Me So".

It's about how fundamentalist Christian use/misuse the Bible, often ignoring context, just to justify their own agenda.

It's really heavy in parts, just be warned about that, but it's definitely worth a look. They interview a lot of theologians and priests/pastors/bishops and some of them interpret the same passages in different ways. Well worth a watch.

Dunno how I even ended up watching it, I went on Netflix to find some documentaries about gangs, and ended watching a documentary about the Bible. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

Obsessed with Community at the moment. Such a great, creative comedy. This season hasn't been the same without Dan Harmon though :( Still, I would say that it is the second best comedy out there (number 1 being Arrested Development). I can't even stress how good it is. Everyone should watch it. Have downloaded all the seasons on torrent, but am gonna buy the boxset as soon as I can so that I can actually support the show! It is honestly amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I haven't watched the new season yet; think it's really weird that it's continuing without Harmon. You should listen to the Harmontown podcasts btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

Mr. Selfridge had become part of my Sunday night ritual until the series ended there two weeks ago...I want to live in the early twentieth century for the fashion! :D

• Advertisement

Brace yourselves, Game of Thrones is coming!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Brace yourselves, Game of Thrones is coming!!!!!
    Actually cannot wait!

Could someone do the elevator pitch for GoT?

Like, I have virtually no idea what it's about, the extent of my knowledge is that there are Houses in it. (Knowledge gained from an FB quiz answer that popped up on my newsfed, so it's sure to be accurate... :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Like, I have virtually no idea what it's about, the extent of my knowledge is that there are Houses in it. (Knowledge gained from an FB quiz answer that popped up on my newsfed, so it's sure to be accurate... :P)

its like lordovh the ring but lordovh isnt in it ne moor becus he chenged in2 a hovel name bill blow begins whic was a movie whic was christine bail as a bantam weight superhiro he fit crime an kild bane den drove d bom into atlantis wer it xplo deaded fishs n mermaids but bantam was gran becas his gf was a cat an dey h8 waiter so dey got out an whent for dinner wid alfred which is lyk alfresco onli more good

its like lordovh the ring but lordovh isnt in it ne moor becus he chenged in2 a hovel name bill blow begins whic was a movie whic was christine bail as a bantam weight superhiro he fit crime an kild bane den drove d bom into atlantis wer it xplo deaded fishs n mermaids but bantam was gran becas his gf was a cat an dey h8 waiter so dey got out an whent for dinner wid alfred which is lyk alfresco onli more good

Oh...Oh dear God.

:P

There is simply way too much going on to give a basic pitch. but I'll try give a quick overview. SPOILER HEAVY.
    There are all these houses families basically, and they each like control an area, but they're all fighting to be the King. While all this is going on however up North be on the wall there is supernatural forces going on which no one really knows/ cares about/ believes in down south. Also there is this random bird who lives abroad and has dragons but who also has a claim to the throne.

Non spoiler version - Bunch of families fighting for the throne while something much darker is about to occur up North 'beyond the wall'.

Basically just watch it, you seriously will not be disappointed although it is a little slow to pick up pace at 1st.

You really shouldn't post on Boards while locked AM...

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Excedion

Started watching Castle after having a brief flirt with a few episodes on TV. Got hooked from the first episode and I'm now 2 seasons in, enjoying the realistic relationship Castle and Beckett have, the sincere moments of love, the off-handed jokes to cover up the awkward moments, theres just something so real about it, not the typical TV portrayal of romance. Love some of Nathan Fillon's one liners as well.

Excedion wrote: »
    Started watching Castle after having a brief flirt with a few episodes on TV. Got hooked from the first episode and I'm now 2 seasons in, enjoying the realistic relationship Castle and Beckett have, the sincere moments of love, the off-handed jokes to cover up the awkward moments, theres just something so real about it, not the typical TV portrayal of romance. Love some of Nathan Fillon's one liners as well.

My Dad loves that show. Have watched a few episodes with him (watch a load over Christmas when we were just panned out in the sitting room). Certainly is one of the best of those "Cop-with-a-partner-who-isn't-a-convential-cop" programmes.

I like how they could be in the middle of a big murder case and suddenly Castle goes home and starts talking to his daughter about college choices. :pac:

New series starting up again soon I believe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Turns out Breaking Bad is actually really good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

So, with the whole LC coming up and all, I've started to take an increased interest in TV. :pac:

Have been watching The Following, Kevin Bacon's show, for the last while. Basic story is an FBI agent trying to stop a plot formed by a serial killer serving life, and enacted by his cult following from outside the prison. Fell a bit behind over the course of the mocks and the weeks that followed, but have since caught up. Really intriguing show, and have no idea where they plan to go with it. Worried it may just become a dragged out mess eventually though.

Caught up on a good few weeks worth of Chicago Fire over this Easter break as well. Good stuff with decent character development and drama. It doesn't centre overly on the actual fire events which is nice, instead placing more emphasis on what happens in the station house, and when they are off duty. Again, really enjoying it.

Revolution started on Friday on Sky Atlantic. It is a sci-fi series, set 15 years into the future in a world where all electrical items and cars/planes have stopped working. Centred around Chicago, in an area where a Militia have taken control and formed a "republic", it follows a ~20yo girl as she tries to save her brother from this Militia who took as leverage on the belief that her dad and uncle may know what happened to the power. There is a lot of loopholes in it from the two episodes I've seen, but the protagonist is hot so I'll give it another chance.

The New Normal is a comedy in which a gay couple in LA are having a surrogate baby, and over the course of the pregnancy, become close to the surrogate, her own daughter as well as her right-wing conservative, republican mother. Had potential at the start, but the writers seem to be running out of ideas. Also, the surrogate's own daughter tends to be annoying a lot as well. Will probably stick with it until the end of the season since I've seen so much of it, but can't see myself going with it any longer.

Also, GoT tomorrow!!! :D

Advertisement