Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Excedion

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    My Dad loves that show. Have watched a few episodes with him (watch a load over Christmas when we were just panned out in the sitting room). Certainly is one of the best of those "Cop-with-a-partner-who-isn't-a-convential-cop" programmes.

I like how they could be in the middle of a big murder case and suddenly Castle goes home and starts talking to his daughter about college choices. :pac:

New series starting up again soon I believe?

Yeah its a really standard template but its done so well :) yeah, also the giddy expressions he gives when he gets called about a murder in the middle of breakfast.

Im only 3 seasons in at the minute. I think season 6 is the new one. Just finding the time to watch them in peace is the hard thing with all that pesky college work :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I watched a documentary called "Super High Me" on Netflix on Monday.

This guy does 30 days without smoking weed, doing IQ tests, the SATs, lung capacity tests, memory tests, sperm count tests...

Then does 30 days getting really, really high, smoking from the time he wakes up until the time he goes to sleep, and doing the same tests.

Much, much better than Super-Size Me anyway! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

After much pestering from a friend i finally gave spartacus a go.
    I thought i'd enjoy it. roman themed stuff always interests me( imperium by robert harris is worth a read)

I did not however

the action is great
    the story
    the politics
    the bewbs are great too :P
    what put me off was the slow motion overload.
    SO MUCH SLOW MO!!

Sword fights
    SLOW MO!

Decapitation
    SLOW MO!

Gushing blood
    SLOW MO!

door opening
    SLOW MO!

guy scratches his head
    SLOW MO!

someone walks three feet forward
    SLOW MO!

Someone sits still staring into space doing nothing noteworthy
    RANDOM MOTHERFUPPIN SLOW MO!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Anyone watching the new series of Game of T's?

The latest episode just blew my mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

The end of it was AMAZING! Everything about it was so great. It is my study month at the moment and I promised myself I would give up all TV shows until I am finished with exams, but I cannot stop myself from watching Game of Thrones :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

It was a very good episode, by far the best this series. Had been saying to friends how disappointing this season had been so far, but hopefully that marks its recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Just finished season 5 of mad men this morning. The show has got better and better as it's gone one. Really fantastically well written. Only 5 episodes off current pace now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Speeding my way through Supernatural. WHAT. THE. HELL.

There's been
    an Apocalypse, a derailed Apocalypse, almost relationships with angels, murdering angels, addictions to demon blood, murders, wendigos, people coming back from the dead and demons saving people.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON.

I've just watched the first episode of Archer.

Er, why did no one tell me this show was so good? Someone must be punished! Own up now and I'll only ban you for a week. But if I arbitrarily decide it was your fault in drunken haze... well, that won't end well for anyone! :P

"THE THOUGHT OF ME DEAD GIVES YOU AN ERECTION?!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Speeding my way through Supernatural. WHAT. THE. HELL.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON.
    My goal for this summer is to watch Supernatural.

Yes I aim high.

• Advertisement

Lawliet wrote: »

Yes I aim high.

I originally read your post as:

Yes I am high.

Just thought I'd share that...

Anyway, I watched Harold and Kumar and Van Wilder last week. Nothing llike a few movies set around wild college nights to cheer you up when studying for exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Caught up with Parks and Rec last week, now I must do the same with Arrested Development once my exams are through - watching it while I'm studying could be a huge mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

anyone able to suggest where i should go after i finish this list

Teen Comedy Films

Im not sure weather to go by year or a different category. Finished up on Sorority boys which was a good laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Yes I aim high.

Carry on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Currently re-watching the OC (Yeah, I don;t know why either...)

I'm all caught up on HIMYM and Greys (which I really don't want to end but I'm very excited it was picked up for a tenth season)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

First season of The Walking Dead down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Currently re-watching the OC (Yeah, I don;t know why either...)

I'm all caught up on HIMYM and Greys (which I really don't want to end but I'm very excited it was picked up for a tenth season)

I re-watched it recently. I forgot how amazing it was! so emotionalllllllll!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Corpse Bride is brilliant! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Time for a LOTR marathon woooooo!!!

After watching eleven episodes of Supernatural in a row, I can officially say that I am ready for the season finale at 2am. However, exhaustion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

just watched the pilot of zombieland . was it only a pilot made ?also watched the first episode of vikings . really enjoyed it

Supernatural season finale destroyed me emotionally. LIKE SERIOUSLY HOW DID THAT HAPPEN.

Currently watching Eurovision for my yearly cheese overdose

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

Anyone see the season finale of The Vampire Diaries? Thought it was fantastic. Can't wait to see what happens next season now. Also I think that the last few episodes have been really amazing considering I didn't think season 4 was too great at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

deise48 wrote: »
    just watched the pilot of zombieland . was it only a pilot made ?

it was canned becuase of low ratings:

http://screenrant.com/zombieland-tv-show-series-canceled-amazons/

Anyone see the season finale of The Vampire Diaries? Thought it was fantastic. Can't wait to see what happens next season now. Also I think that the last few episodes have been really amazing considering I didn't think season 4 was too great at all.

The CW have had a great line up this season, next season should be good too. Raging they cancelled Cult after 13 episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

started watching Modern Family lately. I must have been living under a rock ith the last 4 years. it's brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

If you watch one kids movie this year make sure it's despicable me 2. So funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

vikings is brilliant . was it shot in wicklow?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭MissD93

Making my through game of thrones and the vampire diaries :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

deise48 wrote: »
    vikings is brilliant . was it shot in wicklow?

70% of outdoor scenes are filmed in and around the Wicklow mountains. Ashford Studios in Wicklow is where interior scenes are filmed. Some photography of backshots are taken in Norway i believe.

Advertisement