Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Just started watching Suits and Oz.

Watched the 1st episode of Suits, absolutely love it, if only studying law was actually like that :(

Oz, is a strange one. It's so dark, but makes for a great watch. Have almost watched the 1st 8 episodes in one sitting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Arrested Development is so good! I'm so glad I started watching it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

I finally started watching The Office (US) last week and am on season 3. I love it. Michael is amazing, and I love Jim and Pam's relationship. Also, Dwight is absolutely hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Watched the 1st episode of Suits, absolutely love it, if only studying law was actually like that :(

Oz, is a strange one. It's so dark, but makes for a great watch. Have almost watched the 1st 8 episodes in one sitting.
    I started Suits at the start of the week and have been flying through it since. Only one episode left in Season 2 now.

Just went to see Much Ado About Nothing! Really enjoyed it B-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Watched The King's Speech for the first time last night.

A decent movie, but it was definitely overhyped at the time IMO.

Particularly liked the scene the night before the Coronation with Logue sitting in the chair shouting "I don't care how many royal arseholes have sat here." and "Look, there's a stone here." :pac:

The model airplane scene was excellent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Rewatching CSI:NY. Dug out my old box sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭MissD93

just started watch orange is the new black reason a million why i love netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Oz is one of the greatest shows ever. Every summer, I go back and watch it. So many memorable characters. Gritty definitely but what else would you expect from a show located in a maximum security prison!

Just started watching Dexter for the first time last week and I am addicted. On to season 6 now. Season 2 I found tough going, primarily due to the presence of a female character. Thankfully it picked up mid way through. Can't wait to see how it all pans out for Dex!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Pang wrote: »

Season 2 I found tough going, primarily due to the presence of a female character.

Frankly it's a disgrace that women are even allowed on television in my opinion. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭MissD93

Slow Show wrote: »
    Frankly it's a disgrace that women are even allowed on television in my opinion. :/

didn't know there was a camera set in the kitchen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

After a week I'm through five seasons of CSI:NY. I forgot how much I love this show...DO THE PRODUCERS THINK "Hey, CTYIgirl ships these characters, LET'S KILL ONE!"? Because seriously...

I think it was more because she was an annoying b*tch rather then the fact she was female :P

I think it was more because she was an annoying b*tch rather then the fact she was female :P

I'm well aware, I was merely making a joke.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Finally got around to ordering the Love/Hate boxset. If it arrives on time, I'll be spending my birthday watching all 16 episodes back to back... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

started watching how i met your mother to please my friend, now i can't stop

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Finally got around to ordering the Love/Hate boxset. If it arrives on time, I'll be spending my birthday watching all 16 episodes back to back... :o

The first time is just magical :)

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

just started watching luther . really impressed with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

deise48 wrote: »

just watched first episode last night, blew me away, Ruth Wilson was superb.

Good choice. Absolutely adore Idris Elba. I think he's a fantastic actor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

tr0llface wrote: »

Oh you definitely will be able to around season 6

I kinda like Orange is the New Black :)

Sitting on my bum waiting till the Ulster Bank servers go back online at 3, waiting for my wages to go in..

I says to myself, 'Sure watch the last episode of Nashville Season 1'

THIS IS NOT RELAXING TV FOR THIS TIME OF NIGHT!!!!!

Archer, where have you been all my life?

Pang wrote: »
    Good choice. Absolutely adore Idris Elba. I think he's a fantastic actor.

he was amazing as stringer bell in the wire

he was amazing as stringer bell in the wire

Stringer was just a fantastic character. Man, I loved the wire.

Halfway through season 7 of Dexter now. Love this show!

tr0llface wrote: »

watched the first two episodes last night . love it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

watched the first two episodes last night . love it

Welcome. Welcome. :D

I actually need to soon will myself to battle my way through the rest of S7 of HIMYM, which I gave up on last year, so I can at least make it to the end seeing as it's in sight now.

Great show in the beginning though, sadly the quality dips a tad over time. :P

Also during this summer, or well in the weeks of freedom immediately following the LC, (life was empty without procrastination so I've returned to it by procrastinating TV shows now :)) I watched Game of Thrones in its entirety (eeeeeek SO GOOD), a fair bit of Dexter and Modern Family and, somewhat conversely, I went through much of The OC at an impressive pace. :p

• Advertisement

I actually need to soon will myself to battle my way through the rest of S7 of HIMYM, which I gave up on last year, so I can at least make it to the end seeing as it's in sight now.

Great show in the beginning though, sadly the quality dips a tad over time. :P

Also during this summer, or well in the weeks of freedom immediately following the LC, (life was empty without procrastination so I've returned to it by procrastinating TV shows now :)) I watched Game of Thrones in its entirety (eeeeeek SO GOOD), a fair bit of Dexter and Modern Family and, somewhat conversely, I went through much of The OC at an impressive pace. :p

I went back and finished this after giving up around about the time that person becomes a lesbian!! It was actually pretty good!

Advertisement