Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Supernatural is a DEFINITE yay. I'll be back in Galway Thursday and have Season 1 if you're around.

I've been completely inebriated since the EU exam finished and I have just now seen this, although I think I might have seen it when I was drunk and forgot.

This would have been extremely fantastic had I not left Galway for the Xmas today, GODDAMMIT

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Deedeecupcake

Currently watching greys atm for the first time ever! Only on season three cos the bf is insisting I watch it with him *coughgaaaaaycough* but I LOVE IT!!! How have I not watched it before!!

Also watching one tree hill for the first time ever, do like it but not as much as greys. Am also half way through the first season of the oc but it's not on netflix so it's effort to watch :p I'm clearly making up for all this teenagey shows that I was never allowed to watch when I was younger!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Anyone watched or going watching The Tomorrow People. Starts on E4 today at 9pm. Of course ive gone ahead and watched the american broadcasts.

If any of ye like Sci-fi and Jumpers the movie prolly going to like this. Like Mitchell is in it fyi :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I want to watch it. Mark Pellegrino is in it, and I adored him in ER and Supernatural. (He was Lucifer)

Saw American Hustle on New Years Day, such a good film. Amazing cast, gorgeous sets and costumes. It'll be up for some acting noms anyway, and I hope costume ones. SO GOOD.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I seem to have ended up on a Jim Carey binge the last few nights, it started with eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, then me myself and Irene. Tonight it's Bruce almighty, then I think onto the truman show, Liar Liar, I love you Philip Morris, Yes man and The number 23. The man has been in some amount of good movies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    I seem to have ended up on a Jim Carey binge the last few nights, it started with eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, then me myself and Irene. Tonight it's Bruce almighty, then I think onto the truman show, Liar Liar, I love you Philip Morris, Yes man and The number 23. The man has been in some amount of good movies.

How dare you omit Ace Ventura from that list! Me and my brother were randomly quoting the second one on Christmas day. :pac:

I studied The Truman Show for the comparative in the LC. First time I saw the movie was in class. Studying it in depth like that was both a blessing (because you're shown sh*t you'd never notice otherwise) and a curse (because now whenever I watch it I can't help but think about the bloody Cultural Context and Theme of the thing...)

Bruce Almighty was the first film I saw in a cinema.

Liar Liar is brilliant.

I also ADORE the Cable Guy. It gets such a bad rap for some reason. But I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Currently downloading all 15 seasons of E.R.

This is surely in reaction to Grey's Anatomy being on hiatus until March!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    How dare you omit Ace Ventura from that list! Me and my brother were randomly quoting the second one on Christmas day. :pac:

I studied The Truman Show for the comparative in the LC. First time I saw the movie was in class. Studying it in depth like that was both a blessing (because you're shown sh*t you'd never notice otherwise) and a curse (because now whenever I watch it I can't help but think about the bloody Cultural Context and Theme of the thing...)

Bruce Almighty was the first film I saw in a cinema.

Liar Liar is brilliant.

I also ADORE the Cable Guy. It gets such a bad rap for some reason. But I love it.

What a great film :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Ah can't believe I forgot ace ventura! Going to have myself occupied with all them for the next while anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Currently downloading all 15 seasons of E.R.

This is surely in reaction to Grey's Anatomy being on hiatus until March!

ER is fantastic. Absolutely brilliant. I'm on season 14 now, and my heart has been broken and gradually pieced back together so many times it's not even funny.

• Advertisement

The League is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time!!!

If you like NFL you will enjoy it all the more :D

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

peekachoo wrote: »
    Just discovered Sons of Anarchy. Yes.

you only discovered sons of anarchy ? lucky lucky you !!!!

Just finished Mad Men and struggling to fin anything up to its standard, alreay watched the wire, sopranos, breaking bad, 24, homeland, house of cards and sherlock too which are all top notch. Thinking Boardwalk Empire or the West Wing, any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

Raf32 wrote: »
    Just finished Mad Men and struggling to fin anything up to its standard, alreay watched the wire, sopranos, breaking bad, 24, homeland, house of cards and sherlock too which are all top notch. Thinking Boardwalk Empire or the West Wing, any ideas?
    check out The Following.

Gatame wrote: »
    check out The Following.

I started Boardwalk, but thats looks brilliant and my kind of thing so will try to get started into it next week, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Films I have recently watched and would recommend:

Stoker
    Detachment
    Don Jon
    Mulholland Dr
    Requiem for a dream

Have been watching the American version of Shameless and absolutely love it. Only other series I've really been following is Sherlock. My friend is trying to get me into anime. But it's not working well so far. 😙

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Suits, White Collar, The Following, Boardwalk, Person of Interest, The Blacklist, Homeland and of course House of Cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

So after 3 seasons refusing to watch it just to spite a friend who kept pestering me, I've finally started Game of thrones Im basically out of shows breaking bad is over ,boardwalk is finished till next season and Attack on Titan is still on break. so this should make a decent replacement

Nearly finished season one but having it hyped up by friends for 3 years has kind of dimished the enjoyment i should be getting from it.

I started it yesterday too! Finished season 1. It's good, but I havn't read the books so was less hyped up about it than everyone else.

Waited this long to watch it so people would have stopped shíting on about it to me :rolleyes:

So after 3 seasons refusing to watch it just to spite a friend who kept pestering me, I've finally started Game of thrones Im basically out of shows breaking bad is over ,boardwalk is finished till next season and Attack on Titan is still on break. so this should make a decent replacement

Nearly finished season one but having it hyped up by friends for 3 years has kind of dimished the enjoyment i should be getting from it.

For the love of God, I implore thee, give it a good chance, it will pay off.

• Advertisement

For the love of God, I implore thee, give it a good chance, it will pay off.

I'm enjoying it, but it would want to get a lot better next season to be anywhere near as good as all the hype.

Season one to me was way too similar to Boardwalk Empire to blow me away.
    Sex,violence and loads of different families scheming for power. That summary could apply to either show.

One word, lad. DRAGONS!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I love how whenever someone tells me to watch Game of Thrones and I say "Well, what's it about?" and they give a description and I say "I dunno, I'm not really into that sort of stuff. Think I'll watch a different show." they immediately get all angry and defensive. "Aw no man, you'd like that stuff in GoT, like, I know I've made it sound incredibly stupid in how I described it, but really, it's good! Really! Ah no seriously it is!". And when I said "Ah, I'll give it a go eventually, but there's agood few shows, (insert list of shows here), that I haven't watched yet that I'll probably watch first." I got the "Ah no! GoT is waaay better than those! I mean, even though you've told me already you're not really into the stuff I've told you is in GoT and you're totally into the stuff in that list of shows, you should totally watch oT first and waste the limited time you spend watching TV each week."

Seriously GoT fans, calm the body. It's a TV show, not the second coming of the spaghetti monster.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Anyone else here watch A Young Doctor's Notebook?

It's based on a series of short stories by Mikhail Bulgakov and set in early 20th century Russia. I was a bit dubious about it on paper considering its Daniel Radcliffe and dark comedy but he's really fantastic in it. There's some great one-liners, I laughed out loud quite a few times during each series which is rare for me. Each episode is only 20 minutes and there's only two series with 4 episodes in each so I basically watched them all in two days. If anyone's a fan of extreme sarcasm and dark comedy, give it a go! (Plus Jon Hamm is also in it - yum. Warning: it gets real sad real quickly towards the end).

I'm enjoying it, but it would want to get a lot better next season to be anywhere near as good as all the hype.

Season two sold me on it. Pretty kick-ass show. Still not as good as all the hype but what is?
    I'm curious now as to what will happen when the show catches up to the books and the final books aren't finished.

Season two sold me on it. Pretty kick-ass show. Still not as good as all the hype but what is?
    I'm curious now as to what will happen when the show catches up to the books and the final books aren't finished.

The end of Season 3 still has me reeling, you are in for a treat!

I understand the general annoyance behind GoT fans trying to shove it down peoples throats, it was the same for me and Breaking Bad around its finale.

But I think, whatever you are into at all, there is something for you in GoT, I would find it impossible to explain other then it's a really great Fantasy tv show, personally my favourite show

I know myself when everyone was telling me I have to watch it, I watched the 1st 5 episodes, got bored and gave up on it for months, when I finally got back to it I was like OMG. For people who are on the fence about it, I suggest watching as far as Episode 9 of Season 1 and if you still aren't interested, maybe it's not for you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Due to my exams I've started watching lots of TV, procrastination FTW...

But anyways, in the past month or so I've watched all Game Of Thrones, The Good Wife, House Of Cards, Brooklyn 99, Arrested Development, New Girl, Orange is the new black and a good chunk of It's always Sunny in Philadelphia..... Not much study has been done.

So, I'm looking for something new to watch! Not sure about Breaking Bad, I watched the first few episodes a few months ago but wasn't as gripped as people seemed to be, should I continue?

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Cakes. wrote: »
    Due to my exams I've started watching lots of TV, procrastination FTW...

But anyways, in the past month or so I've watched all Game Of Thrones, The Good Wife, House Of Cards, Brooklyn 99, Arrested Development, New Girl, Orange is the new black and a good chunk of It's always Sunny in Philadelphia..... Not much study has been done.

So, I'm looking for something new to watch! Not sure about Breaking Bad, I watched the first few episodes a few months ago but wasn't as gripped as people seemed to be, should I continue?

:cool:

Sit through it. its slow to start. i sat there watching the first box going this is boring. but you get into it. if not sorry there is no refund on time lol :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Deedeecupcake

Just finished all of GoT and I'm not really sure what to do with my life now hahaha!
    Slowly but surely making my way through greys, like 5 years behind everyone else! On season 6 now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Getting very into Orange is the New Black!!! Enjoying it loads but the opening theme tune thing wrecks my head :o

Advertisement