Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

Hannibal is finally back for season 2 :D

Also been watching Bob's Burgers and Archer for the last few weeks. Both are definitely up there with my favourite comedies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Getting very into Orange is the New Black!!! Enjoying it loads but the opening theme tune thing wrecks my head :o

Isn't the song just genuinely painful?! I can't hack it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Finally seen the "The Red Wedding".

This pretty much sums up my experience
    Nope_nope_nope.gif

or this

the-shining-elevator-blood-o.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Isn't the song just genuinely painful?! I can't hack it at all.

It just grinds my gears and is there a need for it being so long as well?
    I just skip forward to ~1.22min and go from there cz I can't be dealing with it! And I finished it last night so I'm lost :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Getting very into Orange is the New Black!!! Enjoying it loads but the opening theme tune thing wrecks my head :o

It just seems to go on for ages too! Hoping they change it for season 2!
    marko93 wrote: »
    Finally seen the "The Red Wedding".

This pretty much sums up my experience
    Nope_nope_nope.gif
    or this
    the-shining-elevator-blood-o.gif

I sat in silence for a good 10 minutes after it trying to figure out what had happened! I was so confused!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Cakes. wrote: »
    It just seems to go on for ages too! Hoping they change it for season 2!

I honestly pray for this to be honest because it's my one flaw with the show.

Any suggestions as to what I should watch next since I finished Orange is the New Black :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

I actually love the OITNB theme song! *ducks*

I'm loving watching Numb3rs on Netflix, it doesn't seem to stretch reality too far when it comes to the maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

I honestly pray for this to be honest because it's my one flaw with the show.

Any suggestions as to what I should watch next since I finished Orange is the New Black :(

House of Cards!

I'm loving watching Numb3rs on Netflix, it doesn't seem to stretch reality too far when it comes to the maths.

Some of the metaphors in Charlie's explanations are a bit cringey but I completely agree. I like how everything they do is plausible at least (even though most things they show aren't actually used in practice).

Starting to watch True Detective now. Hopefully it's as good as I've been told.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

:D

• Advertisement

pajor wrote: »

:D

Lego Movie is the BOMB

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Iv ran out of shows atm watching suits and waiting on Mad Men to come back. Any suggestions for shows at the moment? Wouldnt be into walking dead or game of thrones.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

Try Luther and Community!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Currently binging my way through the west wing. I've caught up on Suits and last seasons Mad Men. House of Cards and season 2 of The Newsroom are on the to watch list? Anything else good around ATM?

Archer is my favorite show going at the moment, on Season 4 and it just gets better and better.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

eoins23456 wrote: »
    Try Luther and Community!

Started Luther now, wow its brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

My only problem with Luther is it's too long to watch in a lecture :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Playmakers was brilliant, pity it got too close to the bone and was axed!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

Started binge watching the Shield recently, great stuff, would definitely recommend it.

Also to whoever asked, True Detective is excellent as well. Both shows are very useful for filling the void left by Breaking Bad finishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

Raf32 wrote: »
    Started Luther now, wow its brilliant

Yeah it is!,must get around to season three of it :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Watched the last four HIMYM episodes. Hope my forties aren't half as depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Watched the last four HIMYM episodes. Hope my forties aren't half as depressing.

Don't be a Barney. But you can't go wrong as a Ted. Honestly I think it's possibly the best love story.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm watching Sabrina the Teenage Witch...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I'm watching Sabrina the Teenage Witch...

Excellent choice!

Is it high school Sabrina, college Sabrina or newspaper Sabrina?

Not a big fan of newspaper Sabrina, but the college years are pretty good, and the high school stuff speaks for itself really in terms of awesomeness.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Excellent choice!

Is it high school Sabrina, college Sabrina or newspaper Sabrina?

Not a big fan of newspaper Sabrina, but the college years are pretty good, and the high school stuff speaks for itself really in terms of awesomeness.

Season One Episode Seven. The first dance one. Also, HOW DID I NOT REALISE THAT THE SCHOOL MASCOT IS THE FIGHTING SCALLIONS. Because that's awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I recommend Silicon Valley if you're looking a nerdy comedy. It's only 3 episodes in on HBO at the moment. It's a change from the tripe that is now the big bang theory.

The only reason I still watch the Big Bang Theory is because Laura Spencer is on it and I've loved her for years.

I only have five episodes of Firefly left...

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    The only reason I still watch the Big Bang Theory is because Laura Spencer is on it and I've loved her for years.

I only have five episodes of Firefly left...

Ah Firefly, it's one season of pure bliss and a lifetime of withdrawal.
    Don't forget to watch Serenity afterwards!!

BTW, I'm contractually obliged to recommend Community to all BBT watchers, if you haven't seen it already.
    It's an NBC sitcom about a study group of community college students. It uses loads of pop culture references, and some brilliant film parodies.

I've been on the bandwagon for a while now, and I feel the need to spread the word!

It's just so beautiful. I look like a gombeen on my train.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'd forgotten how utterly ridiculous the opening to Monty Python's The Meaning of Life is. :pac:

All the lads sitting down in a meeting and then people just come smashing through the windows. :D

♫Every sperm is sacred, every sperm is great!♫
    ♫If a sperm is wasted, God gets quite irate!♫
    ♫Let the heathens spill theirs, on the dusty ground!♫
    ♫God will make them pay, for every sperm that can't be found!♫
    ♫Every sperm is wanted, every sperm is good!♫
    ♫Every sperm is needed, in you neighbourhood!♫

I watched this movie before I knew what sperm was. :o

Advertisement