Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Monzo wrote: »
    We watched that in our French class during sixth year. Class film.

I watched Traffic a few days ago. Benicio Del Toro and Michael Douglas are just brilliant. It was also nice to see Scarface's Manny again. :D

Traffic is pretty much amazing. Soderbergh is a right gem of a director.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Dexter I used to love that show!! He looks so cool wih that cold hard stare of a killer in waiting:
    Just look at him

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Okay, it turns out I can watch Brass Eye on 4oD instead of trawling through the 'net for each episode. With that in mind, I plan on watching every episode tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭bevan619

I'm not watching "Dexter"! :eek: Gonna watch "Observe and Report" :D I'll probably watch Dexter after... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Watching the alternative Election Night show on C4.

Good stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Thanks for reminding me Bob-ert, how's it been so far?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

The Come Dine With Me part <3

Jimmy Carr <3

Good show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Thanks for reminding me Bob-ert, how's it been so far?

It's good, not sure what time it started, I put it on at 9, so I've probably missed a good bit.

I just want to see the rest of the Charlie Brooker bit, the man's a ledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy

......maybe this is why I'm single.....nah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Lost. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Lost. :(

I can't get it out of my head. Watched the episode twice last night. Probably watch it again tonight. Hope the next few eps can live up to this one!

Where the hell is there an ASDA over here?

Well there's one in Strabane but you can order it online as well. Free delivery. :)

There's also an Alfred Hitchcock 14 disc box set for less than €20 - that's a bit of a bargain considering the films included.
    Traffic is pretty much amazing. Soderbergh is a right gem of a director.

While Traffic was brilliant Ocean's Eleven, the only other Soderbergh film I've watched, was horribly cringe-worthy in places so I need to track down some of his other films before I can agree. :D
    I can't get it out of my head. Watched the episode twice last night. Probably watch it again tonight. Hope the next few eps can live up to this one!

For me it was the Desmond and Richard episodes that have set the pace. Tonight's one was just glorious though in terms of suspense and action. It's weird knowing there's only a few episodes left; I've been glued to the show for the last six years! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Rewatching the first season of The West Wing. It gets better every time I see it. Almost at the end of it, and then onto Season 2 (which was probably the best season. Yay!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I'm watching Lost in Translation. Such a great movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Jay P wrote: »
    I'm watching Lost in Translation. Such a great movie.

I can't stand that movie. Nothing happens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭red herring

I love the good wife. I watched ''My best friends wedding'' with julia roberts. I presume most ppl have seen it but in case some haven't, don't wanna spoil it... but the ending is sh1t IMO!

kateos2 wrote: »
    I can't stand that movie. Nothing happens!

Boo-urns!
    Lost in translation is, in my book at least, about as close to cinematic perfection as you can get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

I have to agree with Kateos2.... totally overrated. I was looking forward to watching it aswell because I loved the virgin suicides. Disappointing. Far from crap though.

@Red Herring: <3 the good wife :)

I have to agree with Kateos2.... totally overrated. I was looking forward to watching it aswell because I loved the virgin suicides. Disappointing. Far from crap though.

@Red Herring: <3 the good wife :)

Out of curiosity (and stark disbelief) what didn't you like about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

phlegms wrote: »
    Out of curiosity (and stark disbelief) what didn't you like about it?

I think I had built it up too much in my head, I couldn't wait to see it. And then when I saw it...I found it boring.

One of those films where I found myself gazing at my watch the whole time which is never a good sign.

I like Bill Murray in it though. It's definitely not a bad movie...it's just not half as good as I expected it to be.

• Advertisement

I think I had built it up too much in my head, I couldn't wait to see it. And then when I saw it...I found it boring.

One of those films where I found myself gazing at my watch the whole time which is never a good sign.

I like Bill Murray in it though. It's definitely not a bad movie...it's just not half as good as I expected it to be.

I say keep watching it until your opinions about it suck less :pac:

Sorry for the hostility, but I luurrvveee this movie :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭red herring

Does anyone else have a problem with the ending of my best friends wedding??

I first watched it the night Film4 was launched. Sexy Beast was also on. :)

Anyway, Bill Murray + Scarlett Johansson + epic soundtrack + amazing cinematography = brilliant film.

I first watched it the night Film4 was launched. Sexy Beast was also on. :)

Anyway, Bill Murray + Scarlett Johansson + epic soundtrack + amazing cinematography = brilliant film.

I also thought that the script and general characterisation were just stellar. It felt really accomplished or something.

By any chance did you watch any of the videos where people have deconstructed the audio to figure out what Bill says to Scarlett in the final embrace in the last scene?

phlegms wrote: »
    I also thought that the script and general characterisation were just stellar. It felt really accomplished or something.

By any chance did you watch any of the videos where people have deconstructed the audio to figure out what Bill says to Scarlett in the final embrace in the last scene?

Ah yeah I loved the script as well, the general disillusionment and boredom portrayed by the film's characters really resonated with me at the time. :pac:

No I haven't watched any of them... I dunno if I will, I kinda liked the enigma produced by not letting us hear it... Hope it's actually repeated on Film4 during the week now, I've a real urge to watch it again. :D

Ah yeah I loved the script as well, the general disillusionment and boredom portrayed by the film's characters really resonated with me at the time. :pac:

No I haven't watched any of them... I dunno if I will, I kinda liked the enigma produced by not letting us hear it... Hope it's actually repeated on Film4 during the week now, I've a real urge to watch it again. :D

I wont force you to watch it, but I think it kinda of wraps it up nicely. Makes the ending somewhat more optimistic.
    Regardless though, I thought the film was very emotionally effecting. Really touched a nerve with me for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sunshinyday

just watched memphis belle old movie in modern day
    good to see again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I saw Kick Ass. I was a tiny bit tipsy. It was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

I watched Glengarry Glenross last night. It was excellent. In fact, it's one of my favourite movies already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

I watched the 1st episode of Facejacker on 4od yesterday. It was hilarious! :D

Advertisement