Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭bevan619

DKZ wrote: »
    I watched the 1st episode of Facejacker on 4od yesterday. It was hilarious! :D

I saw that. Terry was loltastic.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'm watching Cré na Cille. Seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I watched Glengarry Glenross last night. It was excellent. In fact, it's one of my favourite movies already.

I want to watch that film so bad. It has an amazing cast: Al Pacino, Ed Harris, Jack Lemmon, Alec Baldwin, Kevin Spacey. I read that Lemmon's character was the inspiration behind the Simpsons's Gil. It's never on TV though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Watched Watchmen last night.

I liked it but some of the music just seemed out of place like All Along the Watchtower (Jimi Hendrix version).

The Times They Are a-Changin' was perfect for the intro montage though. :)

Overall it was good.

Next up, Let the Right One In.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Monzo wrote: »
    I want to watch that film so bad. It has an amazing cast: Al Pacino, Ed Harris, Jack Lemmon, Alec Baldwin, Kevin Spacey. I read that Lemmon's character was the inspiration behind the Simpsons's Gil. It's never on TV though. :(

Yeah, I was going to say, with a cast like that, it's strange it's never on. The DVD's already migrated from my house to my Aunt's! Lemmon's character and Gil are pretty much the same, but that wasn't in my mind at all during the film because his performance is so good. The more I think about it, the better it is.

I've spent most of my day doing a bad Al Pacino impression.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Finally watched (500) Days of Summer.
    I managed to tune out during a lot of it and missed what was going on >.>, but still good.

Entourage. I'm catching up with all the cool kids who are watching the current series.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

I watched Moulin Rouge! last night...great film! :D

Watching Terry Tibbs on Facejacker!

I watched Have I Got Election News For You. That show is the sole reason I follow British politics. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭deisedude

Jako8 wrote: »
    Watched Watchmen last night.

I liked it but some of the music just seemed out of place like All Along the Watchtower (Jimi Hendrix version).

The Times They Are a-Changin' was perfect for the intro montage though. :)

Overall it was good.

Next up, Let the Right One In.

Good film. Try the book as well. The film leaves out some of the more graphic scenes from the book and one of the main characters isn't in the film either

I've been watching Trailer Park Boys episodes on youtube all night so I'm definitely picking up the boxset now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

erm i watched the entire Homicide: Life on the Street about 2 months ago after spotting the first 2 series on play.com for 6 euro each.

Bloody awesome show from the same guy that made "the wire". i love US cop/detective shows except the CSI shat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

FlashForward :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

A & E Intervention series. Stupidly addicted :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

huge +1 to The Watchmen,that's one of the best opening montages I've ever seen.There's only one unforgivable thing about that film,the sex scene with Leonard Cohen-Hallelujah as the background music is just horrible IMO.

Had to be done: "There was a lot of penis in that film.....":D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

huge +1 to The Watchmen,that's one of the best opening montages I've ever seen.There's only one unforgivable thing about that film,the sex scene with Leonard Cohen-Hallelujah as the background music is just horrible IMO.

*high five*

I'm the same...cringed the whole way through it!

The Inbetweeners you bumders! :D

You do know the song is about sex? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

deisedude wrote: »
    Good film. Try the book as well. The film leaves out some of the more graphic scenes from the book and one of the main characters isn't in the film either

Definitely getting the book now.

It was brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Made me properly lol :D

THE FLAMETHROWER! >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Today's soccer. It sucked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Not entirely sure why I watched this, but it was pretty damn interesting :D

Monzo wrote: »
    You do know the song is about sex? :p
    oh god yeah,the lyrics are pretty obvious,sound wise it just doesn't fit.

hell,this would have suited better:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I watched District 9 on the bus today. I loved it. Absolutely brilliant.

Also, the South African accent is unreal!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

FOOOOK! FOOOOKIN' PRAWNS!

so,I ended up watching the watchmen[geddit?] again just now.

I like this montage so much:

It's scored really well for a comic book flick,except that stupid sex scene >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I've started watching Comhrá on TG4. It's just an interview where the interviewee talks about their life and what happened. It's really interesting, and some of the stories are very sad. Today, there was a guy on whose wife died and he was left with 8 kids to bring up, and his son died of cancer when he was 17. It was sad, but heart warming at the same time the way he managed to get on with his life and do his best. I highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Jay P wrote: »
    I've started watching Comhrá on TG4. It's just an interview where the interviewee talks about their life and what happened. It's really interesting, and some of the stories are very sad. Today, there was a guy on whose wife died and he was left with 8 kids to bring up, and his son died of cancer when he was 17. It was sad, but heart warming at the same time the way he managed to get on with his life and do his best. I highly recommend it.

I've watched this a few times too. As it's mostly ordinary people with extraordinary stories it can be really interesting. I saw one episode with a man who used to be a missionary priest out in Africa then fell in love with a woman and left the priesthood and came back home to live here. That was about forty years ago and it was interesting to hear of all the different reactions he got back then and how attitudes have changed over time.

The theme tune is quite funny, it sounds very suspicious or ominous or somthing! :)

• Advertisement

I'm watching the Inbetweeners! Xmas Prom!

Advertisement