Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

Pygmalion wrote: »
    True.

First few episodes are like "Meh, good but could go either way".

Rest of season is like "Wow they're getting into it, this is turning out better than expected".

Last episode is all "HOLY **** DID THAT JUST HAPPEN, OMG WTF AND OTHER SUCH EXCLAMATIONS"

My jaw is still on the floor from the last episode. I have never been as shocked by something. The image of the final scene is literally burnt into my brain:eek: John Lithgows performance was nothing short of legendary like!! Definitely gonna rewatch it over the summer:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Went to see Robin Hood- it was okay, didn't fall into the extremely stupid and annoying category, looked like a giant Guinness ad. Getting sick of '[insert superhero] Begins' format to making movies though.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Watching the new series of Doctor Who at the moment! It's excellent, and somehow feels a lot more competently made than previous series. Matt Smith and Karen Gillan are both adorable and a joy to watch.

I'm hoping I'll finally get around to watching Arrested Development once exams are over. KnifeWRENCH has strongly insisted that I watch it, and I better do as I'm told or he'll cast all kinds of aspersions upon my TV-watching abilities and/or mother. :P

This series of Supernatural has ended.

Wow. It was crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

I finally got around to watching Season 3 of Big Bang Theory,All kinds of win. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Battle Royale 2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Went to see Robin Hood- it was okay, didn't fall into the extremely stupid and annoying category, looked like a giant Guinness ad. Getting sick of '[insert superhero] Begins' format to making movies though.

I'd like to see it, but it's 12A, so I know there isn't enough blood for justice to be done to the film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Fame: the Musical is a guilty pleasure. Loved it last night, from the horrendous version of Fight For This Love to the cock up with the results, it provided a right laugh.

Over the Rainbow can be good sometimes, too. Watching it on TV3 at the moment. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Started watching Mad Men a few days ago. It's so stylish. love it!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Going to watch Bruce Lee's Enter the Dragon tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

I don't have a tv but I'm home (home home this weekend) and failed to find anything that didn't nauseate me. Since when was tv so full of ****E?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

Ah, Father Ted is great.

'This film father....will there be...nudity..in it?':p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

After Arrested Development, 30 Rock is the best comedy TV show I have watched. Arrested Development in still number one.

Alec Baldwin in 30 Rock is the best thing ever.

I haven't seen a good movie in aaaaages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Jay P wrote: »
    I'd like to see it, but it's 12A, so I know there isn't enough blood for justice to be done to the film.

Actually, I was rather bemused that for 12A now you can get a suprising amount of violence: arrows through necks, people on fire, a hint of the ol' rape. I must say though, for a medieval-ish film there was a disheartening lack of boobs on show. Really worked against the development of the plot. I knew Hot Tub Time Machine was the better option.

I think I'm gonna watch a Westerny movie tonight, maybe High Plains Drifter or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Fargo is brilliant!:) Marge is an absolute legend!

Just got round to watching it. It's a fantastic film. Utterly horrible in that it's based on true events though, felt like I'd been kicked in the stomach by the end of it. And yes, Marge is a legend. :) As is Steve Buscemi, what an actor!

Also watched The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. Not really sure what to make of it, the cinematography is brilliant, as is the score (courtesy of Nick Cave and Warren Ellis :cool:), but I kinda disliked the film's two eponymous characters...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Gossip Girl Season Finale = :eek: :eek: :eek:

Man I love that show, bring on Season 4!

Monzo wrote: »
    Utterly horrible in that it's based on true events though

Scrap that - just found that the Coens lied about it (and apparently even wrote 'based on fictitious events' at the end). :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Also watched The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. Not really sure what to make of it, the cinematography is brilliant, as is the score (courtesy of Nick Cave and Warren Ellis :cool:), but I kinda disliked the film's two eponymous characters...

That's actually one of my favourite films...Casey Affleck and Sam Rockwell are fantastic in it. Great acting altogether!

Very slow and atmospheric the whole way through...nice to see Zooey Deschanel at the end aswell.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Casey Affleck's voicccce. Omnomnom. <3

Desperate Housewives tonight! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

Junior Apprentice.....
    I hate really confident kids........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Lost = Confused.com :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Ah Angel, I've missed you! Talkchas in September or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭moonandstars

Who thinks Shameless is the best on tv??!! I can't believe it is finished up for now!!:eek::(
    How will I cope without seeing GORG Carl and of course Jamie!! Mmmm..

Oh sorry......and Frank of course!

It's a laugh a minuite, think the last episode was the best in ages!

I'm a bit píssed off with Lost.

I'm a bit píssed off with Lost.

Gave up on that ages ago!
    Do many people watch it now? Everyone usta watch it at the beginning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I gave up on Lost for all of season 3-5, somehow started watching it again for the last season and am hooked again. Finale on Sunday should be fairly epic.

A Neurotic wrote: »
    I gave up on Lost for all of season 3-5, somehow started watching it again for the last season and am hooked again. Finale on Sunday should be fairly epic.

Which channel is it on? is it the final episode ever?! il watch it if it is! havent a clue wats happening anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

If you abandoned Lost then you don't deserve to know what happens:P Can't believe it's almost over:( Wish I could watch it at 5am on Sky1 with the rest of the world, alas, I have an exam:mad: Gonna record it and race home to watch it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Which channel is it on? is it the final episode ever?! il watch it if it is! havent a clue wats happening anymore.

It is the last episode ever, but it'll make no sense whatsoever if you haven't been watching :)

It's all very silly, but very entertaining.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Can't believe I hadn't seen this before yesterday. So much awesomeness.

waynes_world.jpg

Advertisement