Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

It was quite disgraceful. Now off with you to watch it again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Who thinks Shameless is the best on tv??!! I can't believe it is finished up for now!!:eek::(
    How will I cope without seeing GORG Carl and of course Jamie!! Mmmm..

Oh sorry......and Frank of course!

It's a laugh a minuite, think the last episode was the best in ages!
    Shameless is great but it was way better a few seasons ago. Some of the best characters (Sheila, Kev, Veronica, Marty and Carol) are gone now. :( I still love Frank, Paddy and Mimi but it's just not as good as it used to be.

Hotaru wrote: »
    Can't believe I hadn't seen this before yesterday. So much awesomeness.

I still haven't seen it! :P
    *awaits angry reply from Shallot*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Hotaru wrote: »
    Can't believe I hadn't seen this before yesterday. So much awesomeness.
    *implicit "I told you so"*

I'm watching the Starsky and Hutch movie.Cheesy and dumb, but it'll do.

I need some tv stuff to watch,recommendations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I need some tv stuff to watch,recommendations?

Double bill of Peep Show is on Channel 4 tonight. :cool:

A decent alternative is The Proposition on Film4. Nick Cave (of The Bad Seeds) wrote the script and provided the soundtrack. Electric fiddles are just brilliant.

Shameless is great but it was way better a few seasons ago. Some of the best characters (Sheila, Kev, Veronica, Marty and Carol) are gone now. :( I still love Frank, Paddy and Mimi but it's just not as good as it used to be.

What the hell? Why are there people on this forum who haven't seen wayne's world?! For the love of God people hop to it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    What the hell? Why are there people on this forum who haven't seen wayne's world?! For the love of God people hop to it!

I wholeheartedly endorse this statement.

I may be slightly in love with Garth, but the film IS actually hilarious.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

When am I going to get my Wayne's World DVDs back, by the way? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Just throwing it out there, but Friday Night Lights is one of the most beautiful films I've ever seen. I'm not one for sports films, and it's about American football, but my god... amazing.

Soundtrack is by Explosions in the Sky. So, so beautiful.

Cheesy speech:

When am I going to get my Wayne's World DVDs back, by the way? :p
    Yesterday :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Yesterday :D

Good work! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭moonandstars

I disagree.. i think shameless is just as good as it usta be,def just as funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Funny People

I absolutely loved it

Leslie Mann is my hero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

The Real Face of Jesus, on the History channel right now. Not fully paying attention to it, so I don't really have a clue what's going on, but it's pretty cool either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

I just tried and sort of failed to watch Amelie for the first time...bit late I know.

The friends I was watching it with weren't into it 'she's the fúckin head offa Tommy Tiernan! Her hair's rotten though...'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Dear Gossip Girl and Grey's Anatomy writers,

Stop trying to kill off all the hot men.

Love etc,
    Aoife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Dear Gossip Girl and Grey's Anatomy writers,

Stop trying to kill off all the hot men.

Love etc,
    Aoife.
    Chuck
    will not die though. I have faith! He MUST. NOT. DIE :/

Entourage, now on to season 5. Boom!

I stuck on season two of Dexter. It's ruddy bloody good. Didn't realise Lost's Jacob was in it until tonight. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭bevan619

Monzo wrote: »
    I stuck on season two of Dexter. It's ruddy bloody good. Didn't realise Lost's Jacob was in it until tonight. :eek:
    It's the best show ever isn't it!

• Advertisement

I'd say that title belongs to The Wire. Dexter comes pretty close though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

So I somehow find myself with Evangelion 1.11 and Evangelion 2.22 in high def.
    Since quite a few people on here have seen them, should I watch the series first or the films? And what's the diff between 1.0/2.0 and 1.11/2.22?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Since quite a few people on here have seen them, should I watch the series first or the films? And what's the diff between 1.0/2.0 and 1.11/2.22?
    watch the entire series in one day if you can,it's seriously a great idea for your mental state :cool:

I recommend; series->1.0 ->2.0 for the storyline and alternate ending

then 1.11->2.22 for sexy remastering and 'splosions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Or just 1.11 and 2.22 if you want to get an impression of the series. A Neurotic never saw the series but still enjoyed the movies when we went to the IFI a few months back.

Granted if you mention to Cal (mutual friend of myself and Pggy to everyone else) that you're going to watch the movies he'll insist you watch the series as well 1.11 will let you skip the first 6 episodes anyway. 2.22 is where the retelling decides to rip up the script, basically a new story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I obtained a few movies from a friend of mine earlier on in the week, so planning on watching them soon! Looking forward to watching District 9 and Inglorious Basterds :D

Might start watching The Wire too, seen bits of it in sociology lectures and it looks good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

1483599022_b70eba83f1.jpg

Imma going to watch it tonight! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

In the past few days, I have watched three Ghost in the Shell films (The first was the second anime I ever saw, after Akira <3), 4 episodes of Stand Alone Complex, 500 Days of Summer (Criminally overrated film*......good, and the ending is amazing, but did not live up to expectations......)

*Yes, I am dead inside, deal with it :)

I <3 Tachikomas

1251510162252.gif

Not quite Fuchikomas, but they will do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Pygmalion wrote: »

You could bypass the original series and watch Death, Rebirth and The End of Evangelion. You'd miss out on a little, but it'd get you up to speed.

Either that, or if you're in no rush: Watch the series, paying a little less attention during the last few episodes (Too much of a head fúck tbh), watch Death/Rebirth as a recap, THEN watch the End of Evangelion.

I really really liked End of Evangelion......MP Eva's <3

After all of those, watch the two films you have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

The Tudors. Jonathan Reese Myers is damn hawt in that! And he is naked a lot. But the series is really really good as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Fad wrote: »
    I really really liked End of Evangelion......MP Eva's <3
    c62f1ce902726d98726715d3b0222a331238015737_full.jpg
    <3

Anyways, I'm catching up on all the TV I've neglected due to college work. Namely;
    Blackbooks
    blackbooks4.jpg
    House
    House%20MD%20episodes.jpg
    And the IT crowd.
    main.jpg

Advertisement