Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

IT Crowd > all

I've learned so much from it, like bras catch fire from time to time, and fixing your computer is as easy as turning it off and on again (LIE)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Started watching "Breaking Bad" today, seems excellent so far. Bryan Cranston is really good as the lead in it, great seeing him in something other than "Malcolm in the Middle".

Let's see what the Eurovision comes up with this year, shall we?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Let's see what the Eurovision comes up with this year, shall we?

Denmark's cover of The Winner Takes it All wasn't bad.

edit: eww Switzerland's entry. Well it's raining ****e anyway.

I thought Romania's entry looked alright. My bet to win is Germany.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 horatio999

have been watching a show called destination truth its a documentery with a guy called Josh Gates

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

the GaGa episode of Glee.
    I mean holy sh*t it actually touched on the attitudes of people towards gays really,really well.I was shocked[let's be honest kids,it's not the best wriiten] how well it was handled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

^The autotune is godawful once again though. Gets worse every episode. Painful listening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

A Neurotic wrote: »
    ^The autotune is godawful once again though. Gets worse every episode. Painful listening.

I love how if T-Pain never became famous, no one other than studio engineers would know what the **** auto tune is.....

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Thank you! That's what put me off this show, so produced *shudders*

• Advertisement

"Breaking Bad" is a seriously fantastic show. Next to "The Sopranos" its the best written and acted show I've seen to date. Genuinely excellent stuff, you peeps should watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

the GaGa episode of Glee.
    I mean holy sh*t it actually touched on the attitudes of people towards gays really,really well.I was shocked[let's be honest kids,it's not the best wriiten] how well it was handled.
    D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Thank you! That's what put me off this show, so produced *shudders*

Huzzah! Finally, people understand how god-dammed awful that show is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I may have bought the 5 season boxset of The Wire today when I went into Golden Discs to search for a birthday present for my brother :o So that's going to be my new obsession for the summer!

Also planning on starting to watch Twin Peaks, Dexter (again), and Breaking Bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Hot shots! Part Deux \o/

it's so dumb,but yet so awesome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Finished watching The Pacific the other day. And I'm watching The Big Bang Thoery now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭bevan619

My uncle has Law and Order on. It's alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Season 4 of The IT Crowd starts in June :D

And they're planning a fifth season. Whoop!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Ink Arcade

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    And they're planning a fifth season. Whoop!

Its already been commissioned by C4, so al least another 12 episodes of the IT crowd = WIN :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

The IT Crowd is on 4oD. Woo!

Whoever created 4oD is a God among men.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I watched Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths just there. It was OK but not exactly great.

They didn't have Kevin Conroy as the voice of Batman. What's worse is that whichever Baldwin was doing the voice wasn't very good either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

The Limits of Liberty is just after starting on RTE 1. It's about the Irish state since the days of the revolution. I have been looking forward to this so much. They have just set up a model of the first Dail in the Mansion House, it's so cool seeing it laid out like it it is the photographs. Lots of interviews are promised and old footage too which is always brilliant. I hope this is good. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Watched Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas for the first time. It's wasn't as good as I was expecting, nor as good as the book, but nonetheless it was pretty darn entertaining. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I may have bought the 5 season boxset of The Wire today when I went into Golden Discs to search for a birthday present for my brother :o So that's going to be my new obsession for the summer!

Also planning on starting to watch Twin Peaks, Dexter (again), and Breaking Bad.

havent seen dexter or breaking bad yet (i really want to soon) but you should definitely watch twin peaks. funny, dark and bizarre in equal measures, and so ahead of it's time.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Monzo wrote: »
    Watched Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas for the first time. It's wasn't as good as I was expecting, nor as good as the book, but nonetheless it was pretty darn entertaining. :)
    Better get some golf shoes or we'll never get out of this place alive :pac:

havent seen dexter or breaking bad yet (i really want to soon) but you should definitely watch twin peaks. funny, dark and bizarre in equal measures, and so ahead of it's time.

Watch Breaking Bad, its seriously amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Monzo wrote: »

Aww I love that film. :D

I got my Mom to watch it too and she was like, "What the hell is going on? Why is that guy with the long hair in the bath? Why did the balding guy throw an orange at him? That's not Johnny Depp, is it?!"

I saw The Hurt Locker last night. As was said at the time, it was one of the most tense movies I've ever watched. It was fantastic though, I loved it.

Tonight, I'm gonna watch Flight of the Conchords, Planet Earth and maybe ever the Mighty Boosh! :)

• Advertisement

I decided to go get the first few episodes of Invader Zim and watch them again. :D

Advertisement