Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Hotaru wrote: »
    Watched Into The Wild again earlier.

Awesome film - everyone watch.
    AND read the book.
    Do it!

Have had the book for about 5 odd months now. Imma read it one day I promise! The film was lovely though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Watched Into The Wild again earlier.

Awesome film - everyone watch.
    AND read the book.
    Do it!

I read the book a few months ago, and I've had the film on my computer ever since, but I just haven't gotten around to watching it...

I'm going to watch I'm Not There tonight, I think. Haven't seen it in ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I've been meaning to watch Into The Wild for quite some time. Love the soundtrack.

Children of Men is on TV3 in 45 minutes. \o/

It's been a good weekend for films actually after The 25th Hour and The Godfather Part II.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Well.

I've succeeded in changing my sleep pattern.
    I'm reluctant to say I've fixed it since this is the second day in a row I've been up this early, got up at 5 this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Well.

I've succeeded in changing my sleep pattern.
    I'm reluctant to say I've fixed it since this is the second day in a row I've been up this early, got up at 5 this morning.

Great film. Would watch again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

I was let down a bit tbh

The book was better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

I see what you did there.

I was wondering why I couldn't find that post in the den.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

The Blues Brothers - ridiculous yet brilliant. The car chase at the end was fantastic. :D

Anybody know any depressing movies? I need something that will pretty much crush my soul when I watch it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭bevan619

Jay P wrote: »
    Anybody know any depressing movies? I need something that will pretty much crush my soul when I watch it...

http://www.empireonline.com/features/top10/depressing-movies/

Some of them are depressing.

• Advertisement

bevan619 wrote: »

Cheers.

I think I'll watch Requiem For A Dream. I remember hearing about it before from my friends. Seems like just the thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

bevan619 wrote: »

I see Dancer in the Dark made it onto that list. I got that on DVD ages ago but haven't got around to watching it yet.

Itinerants In Space: The story of the three Ward brothers. Edward, Tedward and Edwardward. They go around space picking up bits of old satellite dishes.

A cinematic triumph.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

I see Dancer in the Dark made it onto that list. I got that on DVD ages ago but haven't got around to watching it yet.

Most depressing movie ever made....actually did anyone else see Antichrist? Lars Von Trier is disturbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

actually did anyone else see Antichrist? Lars Von Trier is disturbed.
    What the fcuk happened in this!!!!?????:eek:
    I was watching it and ended up pausing it 6/7 times to ask myself what the fcuk was going on

Threads
    Christ I wanted to top myself after watching it.
    Its a play/movie made by the BBC in the 70s/early 80s to dramatize a nuclear attack on britain

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Watch the first half hour of Up.that'll make you feel like sh*t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Watch the first half hour of Up.that'll make you feel like sh*t

I kept hearing about this before I watched it, but I really didn't find it as sad as people made out...

Maybe I'm just dead inside...

I kept hearing about this before I watched it, but I really didn't find it as sad as people made out...

Its not really that bad.does cause a little Awwww but compared to Threads or Requiem for a Dream its lollypop land

Its not really that bad.does cause a little Awwww but compared to Threads or Requiem for a Dream its lollypop land

In fairness like, there's
    a miscarriagae, a stroke of some sort and then she dies.
    What's not sad about that?!

• Advertisement

In fairness like, there's
    a miscarriagae, a stroke of some sort and then she dies.
    What's not sad about that?!
    Not saying it isnt sad.Im just going by comparison when people keep classing Up as having one of the most depressing parts in any film.
    Threads has nuclear war,mutilation,rape,death,disease,cannibalism.
    Up has what you said above & Dug.......who is awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Up's probably so sad in places because it's very easy to relate to it. Everybody knows that life is full of all kinds of horrible things like genocide and war and cruelty, and they're thoroughly upsetting, but if you're lucky then it isn't what affects you on a day to day basis.

Up's about a couple who met when they were young, shared a dream, but somehow kept having to put that dream on hold. Eventually they were too old and frail to follow that dream, and suddenly Carl's alone and so dependent upon his memories of Ellie. He probably feels guilty as she never got to fill in the final pages of her Adventure Book. That's quite sad, and in a very tangible way!

Then there's this particularly cathartic moment later in the film when he reads Ellie's note thanking him for "the adventure" and encouraging him to go on a new one. There's something so poignant about seeing how rejuvenated that frail little man becomes from then on, and how he finally lets go of his house. Q_Q

That bit where Russell had a heart-to-heart with Carl got me bad, too. Meep.

Uma Thurman in Kill Bill Volume 2 is officially my hero

<3 that woman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭msbrightside

I just saw The Pursuit of Happyness the other day.
    I loved it, so good. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sunshinyday

Was watching the negociatior last night on tv3, ten mins from the end the channels went!!:mad:

I'm slowly but surely watching How I met your mother,it's SO good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Uma Thurman in Kill Bill Volume 2 is officially my hero

<3 that woman

I thought Daryl Hannah was cooler tbh. :cool:
    elle-driver1.jpg
    ^ That was when she was still hot.

Then she got plastic surgery:

daryl-hannah.jpg

The lesson to be learned here: don't get plastic surgery!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

What the fcuk happened in this!!!!?????:eek:
    I was watching it and ended up pausing it 6/7 times to ask myself what the fcuk was going on

It's a horrible movie...seriously. Oh god..it's just disgusting. And that stupid fox....it didn't even look like a ****ing fox!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas

It broke my heart
    Brillant film very sad

• Advertisement

The matrix reloaded :D

Advertisement