Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Watching Smallville season 9, such a guilty pleasure!

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

Pygmalion wrote: »
    I thought Prison Break was written by the writers of Prison Break on acid :P.
    Ya I think that they got some stuff off the writers of lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

wayhey wrote: »
    Finished Laputa... great film!

Also saw Fantastic Mr. Fox, directed by Wes Anderson... trippiest, strangest children's film I've seen in a while. Made stranger by the fact it's not like Coraline or anything, it has a pretty straightforward story but you still feel like you're using stock clearance from a head shop...

I loved Fantastic Mr. Fox. It's the best film (or the one I enjoyed most anyway) I've seen in a long time. The only other Wes Anderson film I've seen (I think) is "The Royal Tenembums", or however you spell it, which I didn't like at all.

I didn't think I'd like this either because I loved the book and they were clearly different but the differences were so great that it didn't matter; they're two different stories.

Just watch "Todo sobre mi madre". I really enjoyed it, it's must more heartwarming than I expected and Penelope Cruz is fantastic in it...well, she's always fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I thought Prison Break was written by the writers of Prison Break on acid :P.

Everything after season one anyway.....

Specially Season 3:The Season That Should Have Never Happened.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Fad wrote: »
    Everything after season one anyway.....

Specially Season 3:The Season That Should Have Never Happened.....

I was the last among my group of friends to watch it, so I was told to never progress past Season 2.
    Great advice from what I gather.

• Advertisement

I was the last among my group of friends to watch it, so I was told to never progress past Season 2.
    Great advice from what I gather.

I never should have wasted hours of my life on any of it past season one.

It did get sort of amusingly ridiculous as time went on

In season 4, he got the tattoo removed in a single sitting, I just lolled

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

I never should have wasted hours of my life on any of it past season one.

It did get sort of amusingly ridiculous as time went on

In season 4, he got the tattoo removed in a single sitting, I just lolled
    this from the guy who watched Evangelion,Giant frickin' robots vs a tattoo removal :D

I loved prison break,a few holes in the logic but it came together well and was real gripping stuff,season1 was amazing you had to like the characters for the remainder

this from the guy who watched Evangelion,Giant frickin' robots vs a tattoo removal :D

I loved prison break,a few holes in the logic but it came together well and was real gripping stuff,season1 was amazing you had to like the characters for the remainder

WHAT? :confused:

Evangelion and PB are just on different planes of depth and just about everything.

They just cant be compared........

PB was never the most plausible show ever, but that scene was just beyond ridiculous.

Season one was good, first few episodes are hilarious because they just cant act at all! :D

WHAT? :confused:

Evangelion and PB are just on different planes of depth and just about everything.

They just cant be compared........

PB was never the most plausible show ever, but that scene was just beyond ridiculous.

Season one was good, first few episodes are hilarious because they just cant act at all! :D
    they could act, Miller was that guy in the background in American pie this one time and the other guy was in the sopranos for like a whole 10 minutes.Serious business.

And trust me I can compare ANYTHING

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Lads. I'm Not There. Just watched it again today. It's absolutely amazing. I adore it.

I'm tempted to go watch it again...

• Advertisement

Want to see :eek:
    Predator > Alien

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭xxchloexx

Went to see Get him to The Greek tonight , really funny well worth going to see , Russel Brand is great in it and Puff Daddy aswell , Its ment to be a sequal of Forgetting Sarah Marshall , much better than that anyways in my opinion .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

How I Met Your Mother. <3
    Going to start watching Gossip Girl soon, too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Never really watch TV and didn't have a clue what skins was so I watched the whole of season 1 in 1 sitting last night on youtube, really enjoyed it and can't wait to start on season 2.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Watching The Dark Knight. Again.
    Still awe-struck.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Watched Jd's last episode of Scrubs, got a bit emotional. Every friggin' time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Watched Jd's last episode of Scrubs, got a bit emotional. Every friggin' time!

I still haven't watched it, if I don't then JD lives in Scrubs forever! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

'The Bucket List', simply inspiring.

blade-trinity28200429.jpg
    you need to purify the twilight talk somehow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

The countdown episode of the IT crowd, so funny!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Ink Arcade

The countdown episode of the IT crowd, so funny!:D

It was brilliant. The street countdown bit was genius!

"FIRST RULE OF STREET COUNTDOWNNNNN... is that you really need to tell more people about it. It's a really fun game and the more people that know about it, the better!" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

"16 letters....he is clearly the chosen one" :p

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Watching The Dark Knight. Again.
    Still awe-struck.

I still think that it's slightly hyped and that the first one is much better. Joker was far better portrayed in the Arkham Asylum game. That was just incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Ink Arcade

"We promised those days were over. No more unlicenced street countdown battles"

"What do you call Negative One sitting alone in a room?
    Overnumerousness!!"

I love Moss, he's great for random funny quotes! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭bevan619

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I still think that it's slightly hyped and that the first one is much better. Joker was far better portrayed in the Arkham Asylum game. That was just incredible.

Mark Hamill is great as Joker. No one can beat him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭RoRoCullen

Watched the Lord of the Rings Trilogy over the last three days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭bevan619

Watched Diary of the Dead last night. I honestly don't know why people hate it so much...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

Watching Pretty Woman.

So much <3 for Julia Roberts and Richard Gere, I don't care how old he is, he just gets more handsome by the minute! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

OopsyDaisy wrote: »
    Watching Pretty Woman.

So much <3 for Julia Roberts and Richard Gere, I don't care how old he is, he just gets more handsome by the minute! :P
    Old guy and a hooker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

Old guy and a hooker

Don't put it like that, besides he's not that old in it :P

It does glamourise prostitution quite a bit though :/

But I still love it :D

Advertisement