Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    It was easily one of the best films I've ever seen. It was like an intelligent Ocean's 11... only good.

So it was the exact opposite of Ocean's 11 in every way?

That does sound good.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

Royal Pains. Okay, so the procedures and everything are completely outlandish..but damn I've recorded it all and I'll watch it all. Gladly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Started watching the Hannibal films. Silence of the Lambs was brilliant, no idea why I waited for so long to see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I watched Zodiac again, loved it the first time, loved it more this time. Such a film.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

I got to watch The Girl Who Leapt Through Time earlier today. Great anime movie! Very fun, playful use of time travel, telling what becomes a very emotional story about a group of friends and the importance of looking out for life's opportunities. Extraordinarily detailed, beautiful art too. Loved it!

Also saw Toy Story 3 for the second time. Fantastic! The perfect farewell to the characters I first got excited about when I was 7. "Let's go out on a high note!" as Buzz himself says in it. Or should that be El Buzz? *much wiggling of the Butte* :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Watched Throw Momma From the Train and Planes Trains and Auto-mobiles tonight.
    So funny <3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Saw Inception the other day. Was great, actually got the viewer thinking and didn't underestimate the audience's intelligence.

Mean Girls. I'm a sucker for these kinda movies and was in a girly mood (which is rare), so decided I'd watch it again...and I still like it:p

Ken Park. Another one of those Kids/Kidulthood type movies...but more graphic. It was strange...I'm not really sure what to think of it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I Love You Man is so fricking awesome.

Epic bromance! ^.^

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

I Love You Man is so fricking awesome.

Epic bromance! ^.^

Also Rush are in it. You never mentioned the fact that Rush are in it.

Rush are in it. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭laurashambles

I started watching Supernatural last week and I am IN LOVE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Dean? Oh sweet Jesus!! He is one hot piece of ass!

Watched Paper Heart last night. Was not expecting it to be that good!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

It's A-MAY-ZING isn't it? I'm a total fanboy,I've been watching it for years.I can't wait for season 6 :o

Right, just finished watching Akira a few minutes ago. Fantastic, but the ending really made me just go;
    "What... wait, what the hell? What the.. man what the fck?!"

I think this merits a second run-through to figure out a few things here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Right, just finished watching Akira a few minutes ago. Fantastic, but the ending really made me just go;
    "What... wait, what the hell? What the.. man what the fck?!"

I think this merits a second run-through to figure out a few things here...

As with a lot of anime, it makes more sense the second time round :P

Hotaru wrote: »
    As with a lot of anime, it makes more sense the second time round :P
    Yeah. I was thinking the same thing with Evangelions ending :pac:

Yeah. I was thinking the same thing with Evangelions ending :pac:

I recently watched every episode aside from the last two in a one-day sitting, and I've had to go back, rewatch and slowly dissect each of the episodes to get myself ready for making sense of the ending. :pac:

You really need to understand the characters for it. Evangelion is deep!

I recently watched every episode aside from the last two in a one-day sitting, and I've had to go back, rewatch and slowly dissect each of the episodes to get myself ready for making sense of the ending. :pac:

until you watch the last two,you have no idea what your talking about.The Finale is just straight F*cked up,in a good way.But the WTF factor is off the charts for most of it

Have you watched End Of Evangelion yet? It ties up a lot of loose ends that were left when the original series ended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭laurashambles

Dean? Oh sweet Jesus!! He is one hot piece of ass!

Mainly, but Sammy has his moments. <3
    It's A-MAY-ZING isn't it? I'm a total fanboy,I've been watching it for years.I can't wait for season 6 :o

It's freaking awesome. I marathoned half of season 2 yesterday. :p
    I'm kinda disappointed with myself for waiting so long to watch it. The scary incest fancfiction fangirls on livejournal scared me off. :(

Mainly, but Sammy has his moments. <3
    Major man-crush on Jared Padalecki[sam] he really bulks up as the show progresses,You'll notice it if you watch season5 vs season1 you have to respect the effort he put in over the years.

And wait until you see the episdoe where they prank each other,priceless <3

• Advertisement

Hotaru wrote: »
    Have you watched End Of Evangelion yet? It ties up a lot of loose ends that were left when the original series ended.

Nope, I haven't. I didn't know it supplemented the original ending either, that's awesome! I'll be sure to watch it, thanks! :D

Nope, I haven't. I didn't know it supplemented the original ending either, that's awesome! I'll be sure to watch it, thanks! :D

Do - it really helps :p I like to view the final 2 episodes of the original as what was going on in the characters minds whilst the events of Instrumentality (which are shown in End Of Evangelion) are happening. There are little snapshots of things in the original ending such as
    dead Ritsuko and Misato
    - how that came about is shown in EoE.

So yus, definitely worth a watch! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Just got back from inception. Wasn't expecting it to be as good as the hype, but it was better. Mind = Blown.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

Never Back Down & The Quick and the Dead

Both are awful movies, don't watch them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

Watched "Catch me if you can" a while ago. T'was pretty class tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

High Fidelity. Great film. A lot of neat music references.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I saw Toy Story 3 today! \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

Role Models is quite easily the funniest film I've ever seen in my life, love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I just watched a really interesting programme called Brush With Fame. A guy called John Myatt, who was convicted for art forgery, paints portraits in the style of another painter. It's pretty cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I saw Toy Story 3 today! \o/

I saw it yesterday, while it was an awesome movie I just don't see what the 3d did to enhance it? :confused:

Advertisement