Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

I'm going to see the A-Team on Saturday I think.

I'm expecting hilarity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I don't understand all this talk about Inception being "ZOMG! AMAZING!!!!"

It wasn't. It was good. Nothing more. Good. I would have lived without seeing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

(bet you just didn't get it)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Funny people. It's not funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Watched Shakespeare in Love last night.

Joseph Fiennes is...just beautiful in it! It's a nice movie, a wee bit long though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Saw Knight and Day yesterday. Was really good. Cameron Diaz was brilliant in, Tom Cruise was no where near as annoying as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

kateos2 wrote: »
    Saw Knight and Day yesterday. Was really good. Cameron Diaz was brilliant in, Tom Cruise was no where near as annoying as usual.

When I was in Spain I saw the apartment where she stayed while filming that. They had erected a plaque :D

I watched "Habana Blues" again last night. Bromance at its finest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Watched Dead Snow last night. It was a fun movie, I'd give it a 6/10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Niallwithaz

Jako8 wrote: »
    Watched Dead Snow last night. It was a fun movie, I'd give it a 6/10.

I rented that one night on the off chance that it might be good. It's a great movie to watch with some friends and just slag. As is...

Such a bad, bad, movie :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

Anyone seen the Spartacus show? Not sure what channel it's on or anything, but it looks good :P

• Advertisement

OopsyDaisy wrote: »
    Anyone seen the Spartacus show? Not sure what channel it's on or anything, but it looks good :P

Spartacus: Blood & Sand. That's on TV3. It's pretty good tbh although I stopped watching.

Also, I can see why you like it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

Spartacus: Blood & Sand. That's on TV3. It's pretty good tbh although I stopped watching.

Also, I can see why you like it. ;)

TV3...I'll definitely check it out...only seen trailers and the likes

And I've no idea what you could be implying there :P

It's totally not because he's a babe... <.<

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

I saw Inception yesterday, so now nobody will be able to ask if I've been living under a rock. I have, but never mind that. :p

Great film! An exciting idea that was told well, with a perfect ending. So many scenes were visually amazing, too. The bit where the new architect shattered a mirror to create a corridor of reflections was great, as was the shifting gravity fight scene in the hotel. I'd love to know how they did that! Did they build the set inside a plane?

I saw Inception yesterday, so now nobody will be able to ask if I've been living under a rock. I have, but never mind that. :p

Great film! An exciting idea that was told well, with a perfect ending. So many scenes were visually amazing, too. The bit where the new architect shattered a mirror to create a corridor of reflections was great, as was the shifting gravity fight scene in the hotel. I'd love to know how they did that! Did they build the set inside a plane?

They rotated the set. :) I like how Nolan likes to do thing physically rather than artificially.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

They rotated the set. :) I like how Nolan likes to do thing physically rather than artificially.

Ahh, cool! Yeah, it definitely shows. You just wouldn't be able to fake the actors' responses and subtle shifting of weight with wire-work or CG.

On an unrelated note, I recently heard about the series of Tintin (yep, as in Tintin and Snowy!) movies that are in production. After reading the Wikipedia article about it I'm now super excited! It seems as though a whole bunch of my favourite film-making people are involved; Steven Spielberg will be directing, Peter Jackson is involved as a producer, Steven Moffat (of awesome Doctor Who episodes fame) and Edgar Wright (Hot Fuzz, Spaced, Shaun of The Dead) are writing the script, Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Andy Serkis, Jamie Bell and Daniel Craig have been cast, and John Williams will be scoring it. What could possibly go wrong?

I loved the cartoon as a kid, so it's such a relief to know it's in good hands!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Ahh, cool! Yeah, it definitely shows. You just wouldn't be able to fake the actors' responses and subtle shifting of weight with wire-work or CG.

On an unrelated note, I recently heard about the series of Tintin (yep, as in Tintin and Snowy!) movies that are in production. After reading the Wikipedia article about it I'm now super excited! It seems as though a whole bunch of my favourite film-making people are involved; Steven Spielberg will be directing, Peter Jackson is involved as a producer, Steven Moffat (of awesome Doctor Who episodes fame) and Edgar Wright (Hot Fuzz, Spaced, Shaun of The Dead) are writing the script, Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Andy Serkis, Jamie Bell and Daniel Craig have been cast, and John Williams will be scoring it. What could possibly go wrong?

I loved the cartoon as a kid, so it's such a relief to know it's in good hands!
    Aww man, I used to have those books. I have no idea where they are but I am so watching that film.
    It's a great movie to watch with some friends and just slag. As is... [mega shark vs giant octopus]
    You ever hear of The Room? The most legendarily bad film in existence, directed, produced, written by and starring the legendary Tommy Wiseau.
    Featuring scenes like

I watched that with some cousins one night. Great fun. Really. I'd watch it again. It's just so bad in every way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Niallwithaz

Colm! wrote: »

You ever hear of The Room? The most legendarily bad film in existence, directed, produced, written by and starring the legendary Tommy Wiseau.
    Featuring scenes like

I watched that with some cousins one night. Great fun. Really. I'd watch it again. It's just so bad in every way.

Those scenes... They were just... just beautiful. :( I'll have to look for that down in xtravision. :pac:

But seriously, those types of movies are some of my favourites. You can just sit back and laugh at them, even if that's not what they were intended for. :pac:

Also, i'm just after watching the last episode of this season of the I.T. crowd. Rather dissapointing end to a dissapointing season. Altough there was one really good thing in tonights episode! :D
    Richmond!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Take Me Out on tv3. It's hilarious. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

I saw Inception today.
    It's good not as epicly mind blowing as I thought it was going to be,mainly because I spotted the ending coming a good 40 minutes before the end.

I did like the last picture you see on the screen,basically saying,if we make money,we make sequels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Watched American Beauty tonight. I can see why it won 5 Oscars. Excellent film.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Watched Insomnia, very smart and engaging thriller. Always like watching Robin Williams play a serious role. Good to see Pacino excel in a latter-day film that's actually good, too.

Lads, the A-Team.

It's a cinematic masterpiece, the character development was amazing and you can tell the writers put a lot of effort into a story that was both interesting and feasible.

By which I of course mean it is full of explosions, the main piece of character development revolves around Mr. T's van getting crushed, and they fly a mother****ing tank.
    **** yeah. Best film I've seen in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Lads, the A-Team.

It's a cinematic masterpiece, the character development was amazing and you can tell the writers put a lot of effort into a story that was both interesting and feasible.

By which I of course mean it is full of explosions, the main piece of character development revolves around Mr. T's van getting crushed, and they fly a mother****ing tank.
    **** yeah. Best film I've seen in a long time.

"Overkill is under-rated."

Film was a good laugh. Its only downfall was a bit of terrible CGI. But compared to a movie so up it's own arse like Robin Hood, it's a brillaint film.

I just started watching A Bit of Fry and Laurie, it's amazing.

Laurie: "Well you see when someone loses one sense the others are often enhanced to make up for it."
    Fry: "So you can see and hear perfectly?"
    Laurie: "Yes, because I'm both blind and deaf, they cancel each other out."

I saw Inception today.
    It's good not as epicly mind blowing as I thought it was going to be,mainly because I spotted the ending coming a good 40 minutes before the end.

I did like the last picture you see on the screen,basically saying,if we make money,we make sequels

I don't think it was leading towards a sequel tbh. I think it was just screwing with people's heads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Watched "Shelter" last night. T'was crappy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Watched a couple of Louis Theroux documentaries, one on racists in the USA and other on kids who take medication to help with their OCD / bi-polar / ADHD diagnoses. The latter made for some uncomfortable viewing at times (some 11-year-olds started gushing over a video game called 'Ethnic Cleansing'...) but the shows are very interesting, highly recommended.

I saw Inception today.

Nah, I don't think Nolan would allow that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Funny People was on TV and it was pretty funny, certainly good to watch. Plus it had a very good soundtrack which I enjoyed.

The Life and Times of Tim is hilarious, I watched it when it started and it wasn't great but it's getting into it's stride now.

The Mighty Boosh made another suprise appearance last night too which is always welcome. "Oh ****-nuts!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

Finally saw "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist". Brilliant. It is such a feel good film, although Michael Cera can be irritating at times.

Advertisement