Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

THE KARATE KID

It made me so fúcking happy <3

And I watched alll of Black Books last week. Om nom nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

....aaaand 2 months later

I've watched 5 years of How I met your Mother and am up to date

It's totally not sad :rolleyes:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Life and Times of Tim is so good, is the ssecond series out yet? I must watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

There's a thing on bbc 3 now about some vile glamour model and her daughter. She's basically prepping her daughter for the same industry, showing her how to pose and telling her that being able to take your top off for the camera is one of the most important things to do if you want to become a powerful woman. The child wants to study, the mother can't understand this. I love these programmes. They both fascinate and shock me in equal measure. Some people are so dumb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Monzo wrote: »
    Watched a couple of Louis Theroux documentaries, one on racists in the USA and other on kids who take medication to help with their OCD / bi-polar / ADHD diagnoses. The latter made for some uncomfortable viewing at times (some 11-year-olds started gushing over a video game called 'Ethnic Cleansing'...) but the shows are very interesting, highly recommended.

I watched that one about the kids the other night - it was fascinating!

The City Addicted to Meth is still my favourite. Louis Theroux is brilliant in those documentaries, he really goes right into the heart of the investigation. Much respect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Hotaru wrote: »

The City Addicted to Meth is still my favourite. Louis Theroux is brilliant in those documentaries, he really goes right into the heart of the investigation. Much respect.

More disturbing I thought tbh. Especially the family he was staying with. I had a particular first impression which I decided to kinda let go, see if I was wrong, and it turned out I was right. :pac: Teach a dog how to behave? Nah, drugs. Probably the worst thing was seeing how the parents treated the kid, pretty much perfectly the way to treat someone exhibiting the "symptoms" he was. Then of course the shower thing, it was a 6/10 in terms of stress!? She needs a bloody stronger sedative. :P If she's getting that stressed about something like that it obviously comes out against the kid and feeds his behaviour. And the whole "it's a suicide note" thing, Christ!

The Meth thing wasn't great I didn't think, probably mainly because I knew a buttload about it. :pac:

EDIT: Also, just watching Sicko, I ****ing despise Micheal Moore but Goddamn those Americans are unbelievable.

Hotaru wrote: »

I watched this last night,huge respect for the man going into those situationas and especially when he's obviously quite an awkward and reserved type of character

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

I watched Kick Ass last night with Chris Mintz, fun and entertaining movie :D. Highly recommend, don't feel like writing a big long review on it..just watch it, you won't be dissapointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Steve Collins

I saw inception today, it was fairly weird :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I saw inception today, it was fairly weird :P

Woah I also seen Inception today! :eek:

It wasn't as good as some people made it out to be, a bit long but still not too bad!

• Advertisement

M&S* wrote: »
    Woah I also seen Inception today! :eek:

It wasn't as good as some people made it out to be, a bit long but still not too bad!
    Serious? What cinema :O

Serious? What cinema :O

Shush! :eek:

Shush! :eek:
    :P haha

I also saw Irreversible recently
    irreversible.jpg

It pretty much freaked me out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

irreversible.jpg

I've never seen it but I hear 'THAT' scene is supposed to be really shocking.

I've never seen it but I hear 'THAT' scene is supposed to be really shocking.

It's pretty disturbing.. Goes on for a bit too long.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

It's pretty disturbing.. Goes on for a bit too long.. :(

What's the film actually about?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I don't cry at animal movies.
    Everyone thought I had no soul when I didn't shed a tear at Marley and me.
    But jeez, the memories and the tears and the laughter that come with this movie is unbelievable. Recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it (although everyone should have seen it by now!!)

Skip, I salute you.

My-Dog-Skip-B00004TJTS-L.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Saw Inception, not a bad film but nothing like what people were making it out to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

irreversible.jpg

Love that film.Can be a rough watch though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Deep Impact. Pretty good stuff as far as Hollywood thrillers go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Zoolander. I may have seen it a million times but it never gets old and I don't think it ever will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

Scarface, could watch it over and over again.....

Everyone... EVERYONE! SHUT UP!
    *giggles with excitement*

They're re-releasing BACK TO THE FUTURE...

Let me break that sentence down for you.

Re-releasing: the act of not making an awful reboot with new characters in the crap style of todays films (and thus totally destroying my childhood memories) and instead taking the old film, making it HD and putting it in cinemas.

BACK TO THE FUTURE: MOTHER FLIPPING BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=28571

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

^great_scott_400.png^

That makes me ludicrously happy. :D

its_beautiful.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

D4RK ONION wrote: »

They're re-releasing BACK TO THE FUTURE...
    FML.

That's so not good times. I've got the exact same name as one of the feckin' characters and all those familiar with the movie do enjoy pointing this out, frequently. Now everyone'll do it. My life is RUINED.

(My parents are such whores)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

And it's not going to be in 3D! Even better!

True that Kateos, 3D is old already. But there's going to be classic 80s special effects. Not to mention an entire generation or two will get to re-experience the awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    True that Kateos, 3D is old already. But there's going to be classic 80s special effects. Not to mention an entire generation or two will get to re-experience the awesome.

I can't stand the everything has to be in 3D faze at the moment. It's more expensive and rarely anything that great. Barely even noticed it in Toy Story or Shrek. Actually none of the recent "3D" ones have impressed me.

I think I might go and watch the Back to the Future trilogy tonight. I'm excited now.

Advertisement