Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

I finally got around to seeing Inception after hearing so much about it. It was clever. Hard to follow at times but very good. I like films like that, that make you think and don't give you a second to blink or you'll miss something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Someone who taught me guitar in irish college happened to also be involved with making Steamin' & Dreamin' - The Grandmaster Cash Story (released officially online to watch for free at http://www.burn-blue.com/video/view/kRBwXfu4/keNGhKbb ), a mockumentary about the "Cork hip-hop scene"

It's not brilliant IMO, but really, if you're from Cork city, I imagine you might just love it. It's hilarious at times if you're not. Some of the lyrics are classic too. "There's people in Africa ****ing wrecked with disease, getting bitten by mosquitoes and hepatitis bees".

They're actually making a sequel, too. Looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

I really want to see this!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

I really want to see this!:)

Same here! I was listening to an interview with the cast on 2fm earlier, they are a funny bunch of people :).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

I heard about it months ago from some comic-book-y friends of mine.I've been planning on seeing it for months.There'll be a huge trip to it when it comes out me thinks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

I heard about it months ago from some comic-book-y friends of mine.I've been planning on seeing it for months.There'll be a huge trip to it when it comes out me thinks

I can't wait to see it, apparently the rights were bought by the film makers before the book/comic was actually published.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Colm! wrote: »
    Someone who taught me guitar in irish college happened to also be involved with making Steamin' & Dreamin' - The Grandmaster Cash Story, a mockumentary about the "Cork hip-hop scene"

It's not brilliant IMO, but really, if you're from Cork city, I imagine you might just love it. It's hilarious at times if you're not. Some of the lyrics are classic too. "There's people in Africa ****ing wrecked with disease, getting bitten by mosquitoes and hepatitis bees".

They're actually making a sequel, too. Looking forward to it.

Dr Feekenstein was much better, sorry! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

M&S* wrote: »
    Dr Feekenstein was much better, sorry! :p
    Dr. Feek (well, fine, Conor Stanley) taught me how to play Little Lion Man on the guitar. True story.
    So seeing as I personally know him, I've got no complaints :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

I just watch Dear John. God only knows why. NOTHING HAPPENED.

Dear John: some plot would be nice next time.

If Amanda Seyfried wasn't damn near angelic I would've given up.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FredBaby!

Finished watching the first series of Criminal Minds.
    Started last night as I couldnt go out to celebrate my results.
    All I can say is that watching the cuteness that is Dr. Spencer Reid was far more enjoyable than being thrown out of clubs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

The Simpsons when it was actually funny. The softball episode is so freaking good.

2ih2w7s.jpg

"Mattingly, I thought I told you to trim those sideburns!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

at this very moment, im watching "Scuzz", well its on a break right this second but thats the channel im tuning into!:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Watching a recording of last night's Match of the Day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Team America. This and Dewey Cox are tied as my favourite comedies ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

Started watching The Inbetweeners yesterday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

Hot Fuzz is fantastic! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ray269

Just finished watching avatar the last airbender (tv series), finished season 1 of criminal minds aswell, cant wait for the tv season, bones, hells kitchen, survivor, how i met your mother, big bang theory, amazing race, family guy american dad, cant wait until there all back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Ray269 wrote: »
    Just finished watching avatar the last airbender (tv series), finished season 1 of criminal minds aswell, cant wait for the tv season, bones, hells kitchen, survivor, how i met your mother, big bang theory, amazing race, family guy american dad, cant wait until there all back

Avatar the last airbender: Seriously? >_< Did you like it? Personally it annoys me... trying to be anime yet not, and not even vaguely entertaining to make up for it :(

Amazing Race: LOVE this series! Pretty cool to see someone else who has heard of it too :D

it was alright, certainly killed time over the summer, still another month to go aswell, glad i have 4 seasons of criminal minds to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

eVeNtInE wrote: »

If you havnt seen it already you would probably like Full Metal Alchemist

Ah this sounds entirely snobbish but the fact that it claims to be anime (which it isn't - it was created by Nicelodeon FFS) just really annoys me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

'S not the same... >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭heffo500

Been watching shameless lately. Never watched it before up to season 5. It's hilarious. Make poverty history. Cheaper drugs now. :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

To anime fanboi/girls

Really awful (from Japan) > Decent (from America)

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Liamario wrote: »
    Curb your enthusiasm is awesome. If I am anything like larry david when I am his age, I'll be delighted.
    The character of Susie is also fantastic

I thought I was the only one.
    I also strive to be more like him every day. My general dislike for other people coupled with my disregard for political corectness has seen me half way there already.
    It is probably one of the funniest shows I have ever seen in my life.
    The "peeing on jesus" scene is a personal favourite of mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Anime is for jerks.

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    To anime fanboi/girls

Really awful (from Japan) > Decent (from America)

:P

It's not called anime if it's from America!

>_<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

to clarify Anime is an abbreviation for Japanese Animation which became Japanimation then Japanime and finally just Anime

so it's pretty good[I like it and still call it an anime,it has all the ear marks of one] it technically isn't so the Ho-ster is right here[in a wrong kind of way :P]

Avatar is awesome though,shu'up Hotaru

Advertisement