Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

The Thick Of It and Curb Your Enthusiasm!!

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World! Oh my goodness, possibly the best two hours of entertainment I've had in a long time. It's an explosion of hyperactive videogame nonsense, indie rock, and post-teenage angst and romance. It definitely won't appeal to everybody, but anybody who's played Sonic, Mario and Link to The Past for hours, or started a band with friends, or enjoys epilepsy-inducingly colourful fight sequences, or all of the above will love it. Much heartage to be had!

It's an instant favourite for me, I think it'll be one of those DVDs I get a hankering to watch on quiet, boring nights for months and years to come. :D It's also crazy how much some of the characters remind me of people I know, Ramona especially. Almost unsettling close resemblance there, especially personality-wise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

The Thick Of It and Curb Your Enthusiasm!!

Bought the first season of The Thick of It a few weeks ago (having seen a few third season episodes and liking them.) Watched the first two episodes - brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World! Oh my goodness, possibly the best two hours of entertainment I've had in a long time. It's an explosion of hyperactive videogame nonsense, indie rock, and post-teenage angst and romance. It definitely won't appeal to everybody, but anybody who's played Sonic, Mario and Link to The Past for hours, or started a band with friends, or enjoys epilepsy-inducingly colourful fight sequences, or all of the above will love it. Much heartage to be had!

It's an instant favourite for me, I think it'll be one of those DVDs I get a hankering to watch on quiet, boring nights for months and years to come. :D It's also crazy how much some of the characters remind me of people I know, Ramona especially. Almost unsettling close resemblance there, especially personality-wise!

You have just made me so much more excited to see this movie now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭deisedude

Loving Hard Knocks at the minute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ConmanTheKiller

Just finished watching A Clockwork Orange :o

On the other hand I`ve found what I `m going to wear for Halloween :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Bought the first season of The Thick of It a few weeks ago (having seen a few third season episodes and liking them.) Watched the first two episodes - brilliant!

I really need to get that. Armando Iannucci, who guy who created, wrote and directed it, is such a legend. He helped create / produce / write material for The Day Today, Knowing Me Knowing You, and I'm Alan Partridge. The Armando Iannucci Show too, which has been forgotten about but it's great. A bit surreal though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I've started watching Happy Days, remember when rte used air it with the likes of the A-team, The Dukes of Hazards and Knight Rider during the 90s. It's surprisingly good still. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭deisedude

Breaking Bad is class

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Outnumbered. I've caught it on telly now and again and it's quite funny and makes you cringe a lot, which I like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

Outnumbered. I've caught it on telly now and again and it's quite funny and makes you cringe a lot, which I like.

I really like that. Just when you think it's starting to get boring something really funny happens. The children are such good actors too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

The Magdelene Sisters is on TV3 on Wednesday.
    Will have to watch that even if it does break my heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Lads.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World.

Epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭naughto

have started wating true blood am on the 3rd ep of the 1st season stilltrying to figure what way the story is going to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Going to start watching The Wire today, now that I have the time. I'm also going to watch The Big Lebowski later. Yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Finished season three of The Wire. Didn't think it was anywhere near as brilliant as the first two seasons but it was still pretty good. Started watching The IT Crowd last night, it's pretty good (despite the canned laughter). "Tell them that story about when we were drunk in Amsterdam..." :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Oh my god! Hard Candy. Just wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Oh my god! Hard Candy. Just wow.

Ellen Page <3

I've watched about six episodes of Criminal Minds in the past two days. Not a lot for two days but it has reminded me of my love for that show.

Dr. Reid, I am deeply in love with you!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Hotaru wrote: »
    Lads.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World.

Epic.

There was a Shoryuken and the SFA3 announcer. 4 and a half Webbys for that alone!

Reeling In The Years is still one of my favourite programmes ever tbh. Watched 95-99 tonight and so much WIN!

Fair play RTE, never thought ye could produce something so entertaining tbh :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Hotaru wrote: »
    Reeling In The Years is still one of my favourite programmes ever tbh. Watched 95-99 tonight and so much WIN!

Fair play RTE, never thought ye could produce something so entertaining tbh :p

Did you watch it online or do you have it recorded somewhere? I was trying to find it the other night but couldn't.

kateos2 wrote: »
    Did you watch it online or do you have it recorded somewhere? I was trying to find it the other night but couldn't.

Almost all of the episodes are on YouTube :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief.
    Coming from someone who doesnt like that kinda film or care about Roman gods etc it was better then I thought.
    Tbf most of yee would hate it but it was daycent nuff for PG, just your man cant act and there was flaws in the plot(and now if I can notice flaws)

Anyhow twaz alright, dont rush out and buy a copy for every family member you have though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭EverybodyLies

Looking forward to How I met your Mother, the Big Bang Theory, Criminal Minds and Bones. Dying to see Inception, but I don't think it's gonna stay in my local cinema until Saturday, the only day I can se it. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Green Wing. Just watch it k.

And one of the number of the awful habits I picked up during the summer was staying up until 2 in the morning watching 30 Rock. It's actually genius, Wesley Snipes is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

I watched Pride And Prejudice for the first time last night. It was so beautiful. :)

Can I have a Mr. Darcy please? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

vampire diaries!! Season 2 starts the 15th - yay! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Being John Malkovich. It was excellent- thanks library!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭naughto

the new robbin hood movie it good different take on the one we all know

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Onto season 2 of The Big Bang Theory!

Advertisement