Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

In Treatment is amazing. I simply MUST watch the whole first season. I only catch it every now and then but I imagine it's addictive as fúck. I want to be Gabriel Byrne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Up! is one of the best films in existence.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

True, that. Oh, and just in case you haven't come across it... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

Just watched "La Mala Educación" ("Bad Education") it was ok but I didn't enjoy it as much as the other Almodóvar films I've seen. Too gritty I think.

Also my Dad walked in just after I'd put it on. Me + Dad + Many graphic gay sex scenes = Awkwardness.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

A Neurotic wrote: »
    In Treatment is amazing. I simply MUST watch the whole first season. I only catch it every now and then but I imagine it's addictive as fúck. I want to be Gabriel Byrne.

It is! I just don't know how he does it?! Also, acting that part must be really hard since he's in every single scene. I'm halfway through series two and I'm so sad because they only made two series. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

It is! I just don't know how he does it?! Also, acting that part must be really hard since he's in every single scene. I'm halfway through series two and I'm so sad because they only made two series. :(

Season 3 is on the way, according to Wiki :)

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Season 3 is on the way, according to Wiki :)

YEY!! \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

True, that. Oh, and just in case you haven't come across it... :D

I hadn't come across it, I've thanked your post, would thank it a thousand times if I could, absolutely adore that movie, it was my favourite animation of all time and definitely in my top 5 movies of any genre, perfect!

Currently on the first season of House and loving it, on the second season of Breaking Bad and looking forward to How I Met Your Mother season 6. Attempted to watch Glee but couldn't get past a few episodes, don't mind the music it's just the acting is wooden.

Going to watch The Other Guys tonight with the gf, looks promising.

The Expendables is ****, and Scott Pilgrim vs The World is extremely nerdy but not awful, but not brilliant either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Youth In Revolt.

Meh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Just finished all the episodes of The Hard Times Of RJ Berger, it's good enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

My friends have banned me from seeing up because I can't handle seeing old people sad :o

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

I watched The Princess Bride last night, I absolutely love it. I'd read the book and I didn't think it would translate well into a movie but its such a lovely movie. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

still havent see that film!!
    Cows Go µ wrote: »
    I watched The Princess Bride last night, I absolutely love it. I'd read the book and I didn't think it would translate well into a movie but its such a lovely movie. :D

Love princess bride
    "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
    Jay P wrote: »
    "Millwall Millwall, you're really dreadful. And all your girlfriends are unfulfilled and alienated."

Black Books is brilliant!

Black books is one of the best tv shows ever made i swear ive watched like every episode a million times :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Cows Go µ wrote: »
    Love princess bride
    "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
    INCONCEIVABLE! <3

/goes to watch Princess Bride

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

I finally saw Scott pilgrim vs. The world today:
    47fbc3c4_b0b7_5838.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge.

Absolutely TERRIBLE. Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

I watched "The Room" last week.
    It is actually so ****e that it's good, if that makes sense.
    It WILL change your life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

I watched "The Room" last week.
    It is actually so ****e that it's good, if that makes sense.
    It WILL change your life.

Oh hai mardybumbum.

Seriously. Everyone watch this. It's life-changing in every good and bad way. Combined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭msbrightside

Billy Elliot is actually so good. <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Dreamgirls is really good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I'm watching Bridezilla right now because I can't sleep and I'm in the stitches laughing at how ridiculous the women are :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I went to see Cyrus last night. So good. Love John C Reilly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

Finally got around to watching the end of Once. I liked it, my heart was nicley warmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

There's a series starting on RTE1 tonight around half nine called 'Ireland's Greatest'. It's a series of five documentaries about the five people who were voted top of some RTE poll; Michael Collins, John Hume, Mary Robinson, James Connolly and Bono... Not sure if I agree with some of those choices but tonight's episode is on Michael Collins and I'm so excited about it. I've never really seen a good documentary solely on him, so hopefully this lives up to expectations. It should be a good enough series, just thought I'd let people know in case they hadn't heard of it. Although the episode on Bono is fronted by Dave Fanning. I'll probably give it a miss.

ohthebaby wrote: »
    There's a series starting on RTE1 tonight around half nine called 'Ireland's Greatest'. It's a series of five documentaries about the five people who were voted top of some RTE poll; Michael Collins, John Hume, Mary Robinson, James Connolly and Bono... Not sure if I agree with some of those choices but tonight's episode is on Michael Collins and I'm so excited about it. I've never really seen a good documentary solely on him, so hopefully this lives up to expectations. It should be a good enough series, just thought I'd let people know in case they hadn't heard of it. Although the episode on Bono is fronted by Dave Fanning. I'll probably give it a miss.

If Bono's on that list, there must have been some serious organised trolling going on.

James Connolly, too? :S

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Pfft, I'd win in a fight against all of them. Where's my documentary?

Might watch that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

WOOOOO, THE APPRENTICEEEE! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

If Bono's on that list, there must have been some serious organised trolling going on.

James Connolly, too? :S

Yeah my thoughts exactly. Especially on the Bono front. Documentary did not disappoint! Some beautiful old footage and Collins' story was told quite well, even my 8 year old brother was following it. I thought it was an excellent production by RTE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

The Inbetweeners.
    "What is that thing you get when you smoke?" "Sex" :D

Advertisement