Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

seanbmc wrote: »
    The first one just freaked me out, dunno if it's the same level as scaring me but it had me on edge that night :o. Hoping to see the second one soon.

They rely too much on suspense.. I wasn't paying enough attention to let that effect me. =P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

An Idiot Abroad. Best show EVER?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

They rely too much on suspense.. I wasn't paying enough attention to let that effect me. =P

:P I like suspense, they make good use of that heavy bass noise when the thing is approaching.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Just finished watching The Hannah Montana Movie...

I'll refrain from saying how much I didn't think it was awful...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Over the long weekend, my friends and I watched the first three Land Before Times. Oh the nostalgia!

be4time.jpg

Love those films!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

:P I like suspense, they make good use of that heavy bass noise when the thing is approaching.

Me too, sometimes. =P

Yeah, if I was actually giving my full attention to the film, I'm sure the suspense would've been a lot more effective.. Maybe I should re-watch it sometime. xD

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭naughto

iam watching the event its a new show from the us.

its a mixture of the flashford and lost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Inglourious B*****ds :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Me too, sometimes. =P

Yeah, if I was actually giving my full attention to the film, I'm sure the suspense would've been a lot more effective.. Maybe I should re-watch it sometime. xD

You should :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

You should :D
    Anyone else watch Pan's Labyrinth last night? I didn't know what to expect but I actually really enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

My parents wanted to see a movie but there was nothing that interested them in the cinema listings. So, I got them to watch Up, and they loved it! They watched The Lion King afterwards too, meaning I had a full evening of great animated films. :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Anyone else watch Pan's Labyrinth last night? I didn't know what to expect but I actually really enjoyed it.

I didn't watch it last night, but I have seen it twice before. It's a really fantastic film. I love doing impressions of
    the child-eating ghoul with eyes in its hands
    to freak people out! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Jackobyte wrote: »

Yeah it's a great film. Enjoyed it more the first time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

I watched Memento a few days ago, excellent! Although having to watch the last five minutes on YouTube (stupid library DVD) wasn't ideal, still great.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Memento is a very clever film, but I felt I should have enjoyed it more than I did. Maybe I should have watched it with company :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I didn't watch it last night, but I have seen it twice before. It's a really fantastic film. I love doing impressions of
    the child-eating ghoul with eyes in its hands
    to freak people out! :D
    I've done that twice today already. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

Lads. Paranormal Activity 2 is all kinds of awesome. I'm pretty sure the girl next to me was crying at one point and my friend was shaking afterwards. Epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Memento is a very clever film, but I felt I should have enjoyed it more than I did. Maybe I should have watched it with company :/

I don't know, it was the kind of film where if anyone talked, I would have strangled them- I was concetrating so hard. I don't think it's meant enjoyed in the traditional way, to me it was more similar to the enjoyment you'd get out of a brain teaser.

I also saw RED at the cinema, it actually wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Kind of funny too. Mind you, a few pints beforehand didn't do it any harm!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Watched "The Walking Dead" it's a series about an ex-cop survivng in the zombie apocolypse,it's a-MAY-zing

Zombies,touching moments,tv series.What more can you ask for?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Lads. Paranormal Activity 2 is all kinds of awesome. I'm pretty sure the girl next to me was crying at one point and my friend was shaking afterwards. Epic.

Saw it today, I'd say it might win Comedy of the Year tbh!

All the lads laughing and all the girls screaming, funny film :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Gossip Girl makes me so happy <3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvQBDXAtOJmGM5RtxnDhCXeA8AjMEu1kKQn5a4Eg1fHvYEP00&t=1&usg=__vkGrQesHG8NsGdZS3ICqE3qcuHc=

This show really does not get enough credit! <3

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

SONNY WITH A CHANCE :D

Half 3 every weekday (I have to catch it on disney channel +1 though being in school and all :/) on disney channel.

I love Demi <3

Various_Artist_-_Sonny_With_A_Chance_Soundtrack_(FanMade_Album_Cover)_Made_by_Zach.png

I am watching Inkheart. I love Brendan Fraiser :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

I’ve watched a few films in the last few days mainly because I’m on mid-term and I’ve time and a major back-log to clear too!

Watched Invictus a few days ago. Thought it was a bit slow-moving in places but overall it was a grand film and I quite liked the Victorian poem from the title as well. The South African accent is quite nice too!

I watched Revolutionary Road too. I loved the use of light (or lack of in some places) and although Kate Winslet’s character annoyed me in places I thought the last 10 minutes or so were acted fantastically and were really heartbreaking. :(

Saw Lord of War too. I loved it! It’s a very quotable film and I loved the black comedy in it. Nicholas Cage is actually a brilliant actor (or he was in this film anyway). Oh my God Jared Leto, where have you been all my life!! :eek:

He stars as Cages brother btw. He has amazing eyes. AND I’ve since discovered that he was in Fight Club too which is also on my list of films to watch atm. It’s been at least 5 years since I’ve seen it so it’s seriously overdue.

I watched Shutter Island last night. It wasn’t all that scary really. It was very sad in the end. I don’t like seeing Leonardo di Caprio cry! :o

I’m in the mood for a bit of gore so I’m going to watch Inglorious Basterds now. I haven’t seen it before but it has Brad, Brühl and bloodshed so I don’t see what can go wrong really!

I'm watching Pretty Little Liars it's cheering me up a bit after a bad day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

Pretty Little Liars
    The Closer (so addictive)
    The Good Wife
    Dexter (now and then..)
    Veronica Mars (best show ever)
    Gossip Girl

Planning to watch Mad Men and get back into Friday Night Lights... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

This week, I have mostly been watching:

The X-Factor (ashamed to say it always sucks me in. :o)
    The Apprentice, UK version (so superior to the Irish one it's not even funny. Alan Sugar would eat Bill Cullen for breakfast.
    Under Ether (definitely the best RTE produced show for a while.)
    United States of Tara (discovered that the second season of this is showing late nights on Thursday. For those of you who haven't seen it, it's an excellent comic-drama starring Toni Collette as a woman with multiple personalities)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

United States of Tara (discovered that the second season of this is showing late nights on Thursday. For those of you who haven't seen it, it's an excellent comic-drama starring Toni Collette as a woman with multiple personalities)

I <3 that. I think it was you who originally posted about it here and I ended up watching both seasons in a few weeks. :) Can't wait for season 3 to come out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

I saw Shutter Island last night......very weird ending :confused:

Advertisement