Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

Ally7 wrote: »
    I saw Shutter Island last night......very weird ending :confused:

It's a great film!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Does anyone watch One Tree Hill? :)

Also: Ramona And Beezus.

BEST FILM EVER.
    I'm such a child. <3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Saw "The Kids are Alright" tonight. It was enjoyable, if not exception.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

I live right across from the lighthouse cinema so I pop in quite regularly.
    Theres some good films on there at the moment, "Winters Bone", "The Social Network" and "Savage".

For any fans of "The Room", there is a screening on sunday at 6 o clock at the sugar club.
    Excellent film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Scott Pilgrim vs the World was pretty good , I didn't think it would be that great but it suprised me. Fun movie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

wayhey wrote: »
    L'Appartement. I thought it was going to end really nicely. It didn't. :mad:
    I KNOW, I got so annoyed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

For any fans of "The Room", there is a screening on sunday at 6 o clock at the sugar club.
    Excellent film.
    You're tearing me apart Lisa!

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Just watched Adventureland, I really liked it. Between that and The Social Network I think I'm in love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Watched Sin City and Watchmen last night when I was babysitting.

So much love for Sin City, it's a pretty cool movie, but I thought Watchmen was a bit slow.:( The superhero bits were cool but overall the story kind've chugged along.

Watched Out of Africa with my housemate during the week in college and I actually had to leave the room at the end I was crying so much!

"I had a farm in Africa...":(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I thought Watchmen was a bit slow.:( The superhero bits were cool but overall the story kind've chugged along.
    Yeah they pretty much copied the graphic novel panel for panel for most of the film. It was cool that they tried to stay true to the source material, but it didn't make for such a great film.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Excellent film.

I wasn't aware there was a dedicated following of The Room here in Ireland.
    Show up at the screening people, The Room does not disappoint :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I watched The Social Network, loved it.

It was very well done and shows a side of Facebook that many of us knew little about..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

I watched The Social Network, loved it.

It was very well done and shows a side of Facebook that many of us knew little about..

Totally true as well. I find it hard to get any of my programming assignments done on time between all the casual sex and snorting coke off the tits of some young one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Totally true as well. I find it hard to get any of my programming assignments done on time between all the casual sex and snorting coke off the tits of some young one.

As a computer applications student I can confirm this, now if you'll excuse me it's halloween, so I have to go eat some cheap pizza and watch TV sex up all the naked young ladies begging me to party with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Watching Ghost Town now don't know what to make of it yet seems fairly dry but had a few laughs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Easy A. Absolutley hilarious! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

We watched Evil Dead 2, Slither and Skinned Deep on Sunday night

Loved the first 2 but the last one is one of those movies that is so bad and strange that its hilarious. Like seriously, the guy called Brain who has a big brain and covers it with an indian headdress when he does outside. So so weird on so many levels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Muppet's Christmas Carol was on some channel (Film4, I think) last night.

IT'S CHRISTMAS!!! :D

Watching White Fang :D I loved the book of this and I used to watch it when I was smaller it's so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

New South Park episode, "Mysterion Rises".. I'm assuming it's the sequel episode to Coon & Friends, I hope so anyway, that'd be hilarious..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

It's not a film or TV show but Alan Partridge's new 'webcast' started today. I'm a bit sad to say that I was slightly disappointed. Contained some nice moments.. but not enough of them. Hopefully it gets better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

I saw The Social Network and Greenberg over the last few days. Both very very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Not a film or tv show either, but me and me friend ended up quoting this whole thing in history today. Eddie Izzard has taught me so much <3

I watched the proposal today, nothing like a bit of Ryan Reynolds ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Jackass 3D last night :D

I nearly wet myself laughing about 5 times

Just finished watching Police Academy :D and now I'm going to catch up on Pretty Little Liars wohooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Saw it in Tescos and had to buy it :D
    One of my favourite movies when I was a very little kiddie!
    <3 Xmas movies.

poster.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

^ Just after watching it.
    How did my family watch that every christmas when we could have been like a normal family and watched home alone or something. Dogs can be so scary at times :o

Epic movie though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

poster.jpg
    Oh.My.God ! Love it ! I am totally going to Tesco tomorrow! I could never get sick of that movie ..ah childhood memories *sigh*

Does anyone know if there is a programme with the Jackass cast in Ireland going to be/already has been on RTE ? I wanted to see it but have no idea of its name! Or I could have dreamt this up...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Hmmm, been a while since I posted here.

Just finished watching Lucky Star, after Hotaru's slight obsession with it got me interested (see her avatar and sig >.>).
    Really funny at the start, kinda drops off IMO as it goes on as they add new characters and stuff (really, if you're only making 24 episodes you should just stick with the same characters the whole way through).

Onto the last episode of Band of Brothers now, 's awesome.
    Just watched the second last episode, where they first find a concentration camp, having never heard of them beforehand, pretty heavy stuff.
    I also have the Pacific to watch, but tbh I can't see it living up to Band of Brothers, also probably shouldn't start watching these things when I'm so behind on assignments and study.

Also just started watching Rozen Maiden. Only 4 or 5 episodes in, I can't really say anything but "What the ****" at this stage :P.

Advertisement