Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Oh.My.God ! Love it ! I am totally going to Tesco tomorrow! I could never get sick of that movie ..ah childhood memories *sigh*

Does anyone know if there is a programme with the Jackass cast in Ireland going to be/already has been on RTE ? I wanted to see it but have no idea of its name! Or I could have dreamt this up...

Erm.. They were on Republic of Telly at the premiere of Jackass 3D? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Just started watching Arrested Development. Its brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Spooks is over for another year. This saddens me greatly. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Erm.. They were on Republic of Telly at the premiere of Jackass 3D? :)

Hmm I saw that! I'm sad now cause I obviously dreamt up this magical programme :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

I watched Pan's Labyrinth last night. It was very good, although it did confirm what I've long believed about myself- I cannot handle proper violence in movies.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Just started watching Arrested Development. Its brilliant.

Excellent choice. You won't regret it. First two seasons are class, and even the third season (where the network kept interfering and cutting the series short) is really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Onto the last episode of Band of Brothers now, 's awesome.
    Just watched the second last episode, where they first find a concentration camp, having never heard of them beforehand, pretty heavy stuff.
    I also have the Pacific to watch, but tbh I can't see it living up to Band of Brothers, also probably shouldn't start watching these things when I'm so behind on assignments and study.

The Pacific is still a very good series, I have to say I really enjoyed both of them, I hope they make more set in more modern day battlefields.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Watching the film of Pefume, I was not aware that this existed <_<
    Don't make Grenouille hot ffs

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

My roommates and I watched the Lion King 2 the other night. I love the Lion King! Such nostalgia! I still know the words to most of the songs :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Viola di Mare.
    Basically, the story is there are 2 girls living on an island in Italy in the 19th century. They are best friends and they fall in love, but one of the fathers is really abusive and locks her in the cellar for 6 months and then he lets her out of the cellar if she will pretend to be a man, and drama ensues. It was based on a true story.

• Advertisement

Excellent choice. You won't regret it. First two seasons are class, and even the third season (where the network kept interfering and cutting the series short) is really good.

Yeah whenever theres a discussion about programmes that were cut short it always gets mentioned. That and Firefly which I also havnt seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Yeah whenever theres a discussion about programmes that were cut short it always gets mentioned. That and Firefly which I also havnt seen.

Firefly is awesome, go watch it RIGHT NOW.

Ginja Ninja has told me so on several occasions. I might go watch the first episode when I'm finished watching The Departed on tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Second this, such a good show!

Had a Misfits marathon today, oh why do British show always have to have such short seasons? Six episodes is not enough dammit!

Lawliet wrote: »
    Second this, such a good show!

Had a Misfits marathon today, oh why do British show always have to have such short seasons? Six episodes is not enough dammit!

I think the reason is that they usually have a smaller budget and a smaller creative team so thy focus on making a short good series rather than a longer but much worse one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I was made to watch How to Train Your Dragon last night. I'm not gonna lie, it was awesome. Also, the dragon's are adorable in it.
    I mean, it tries to smile, like c'mon

Toothless_Trying_Smile_by_TheBandicoot.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭hsanz114clayton

Dexter season 5, 24 season 5, Outsourced and Boardwalk empire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Pretty Little Liars :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

Misfitsss booyaa

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

kateos2 wrote: »
    I was made to watch How to Train Your Dragon last night. I'm not gonna lie, it was awesome. Also, the dragon's are adorable in it.

I also watched this last night! Really great movie, I loved it. Toothless was ridiculously adorable alright, and I loved the bit of symmetry between him and Hiccup at the end. Also, d'aww, forbidden Viking love;

howtotrainyourdragon.jpg

• Advertisement

I finally caught up on Misfits. 8 hours of time I could have used for assignments but it was worth it.

Guys. Harry Potter is AMAZING. Go and see it in the actual cinema, seriously.

I echo the above post.

Harry Potter is so emotional. And so aww. And so just wow. AND WOW. I'm amazed. :o AWWWWWWWW I'M IN LOVE WITH A FILM .:o

HARRY POTTER!
    HARRY POTTER!

SO so SO emotional. I almost CRIED.
    THE DOBBY DEATH SCENE.. AWWWWWWW. :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Oh no I don't think I'll be able to see Harry Potter until next week. *Runs away from boards and facebook from potential spoilers*

Glad to hear you enjoyed it though! I can't wait!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Oh no I don't think I'll be able to see Harry Potter until next week. *Runs away from boards and facebook from potential spoilers*
    It's based on a book everyone read years ago

I havnt watched a Harry Potter film since 2004.

Actually, if I'm not seeing it for a week, that's more than enough time to read the book (again - 4th time :o) to refresh my memory. I haven't read it in ages!

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    HARRY POTTER!
    HARRY POTTER!

SO so SO emotional. I almost CRIED.
    THE DOBBY DEATH SCENE.. AWWWWWWW. :(
    I cried :o sososo sad, gawd.
    I laughed too though, it was loike such an emotional rollercoaster D:
    "My wife is down there, alone!" "Ron...you don't have a wife"
    :pac:

• Advertisement

Namlub wrote: »
    I cried :o sososo sad, gawd.
    I laughed too though, it was loike such an emotional rollercoaster D:
    "My wife is down there, alone!" "Ron...you don't have a wife"
    :pac:

Same! It's such a cross of emotions! It really was so epic! :)
    "I'm feeling very hole-y"

Advertisement