Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

misfits and dexter are my shows at the mo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I'm watching Conan O'Brien's late night chat show it's a bit funny and Slash is on it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

seanbmc wrote: »

Cannot wait for this. Daft Punk are in it aswell, the soundtrack is gonna be awesome!

I'm sorry to say that the soundtrack disappoints <.<
    Might be good in context though. To give you an idea of what it sounds like without saying "download the leak", I'd say listen to the soundtrack for Mass Effect 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Colm! wrote: »
    I'm sorry to say that the soundtrack disappoints <.<
    Might be good in context though. To give you an idea of what it sounds like without saying "download the leak", I'd say listen to the soundtrack for Mass Effect 2.
    I do like it but a lot of the songs are so short, and I do kind of feel like I should be watching the movie to appreciate it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

A lot of reviews said that fans wouldn't like many of the songs on it simply becuase it's just meant to be a soundtrack.

Wonder if they will make a seperate album?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

seanbmc wrote: »
    Just started watching The Walking Dead, so gooood! :)
    hate to say I told you so,but....

I'm catching up on my Glee, oh how I've missed THA CHEEZE.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

hate to say I told you so,but....

I'm catching up on my Glee, oh how I've missed THA CHEEZE.

Ooohh I love Glee! Just a pity it's over 'til January now. I'll miss 'em.

I'm just starting to watch a documentary on 4od called 'Adopt me - I'm a Teenager'. A thread elsewhere pointed me in it's direction. Should be interesting anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Mollikins wrote: »
    Ooohh I love Glee! Just a pity it's over 'til January now. I'll miss 'em.

I'm just starting to watch a documentary on 4od called 'Adopt me - I'm a Teenager'. A thread elsewhere pointed me in it's direction. Should be interesting anyway.

What's it about? It sounds kinda interesting. :)

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    What's it about? It sounds kinda interesting. :)

I actually haven’t started watching it yet. I get distracted so easily. :o

It’s based somewhere in America and it’s about teenagers in care looking for adoptive families. Someone started a thread over in tLL asking opinions on adoption and would you adopt etc. etc. and mentioned it so I thought I’d educate myself and have a look. Apparently they have ‘adoption parties’ because they are so desperate to find families because no one wants to adopt a teenager. It’s so sad.

I actually haven’t started watching it yet. I get distracted so easily. :o

It’s based somewhere in America and it’s about teenagers in care looking for adoptive families. Someone started a thread over in tLL asking opinions on adoption and would you adopt etc. etc. and mentioned it so I thought I’d educate myself and have a look. Apparently they have ‘adoption parties’ because they are so desperate to find families because no one wants to adopt a teenager. It’s so sad.

That sounds really good! Im'a look it up and watch it!

• Advertisement

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    That sounds really good! Im'a look it up and watch it!

Did you watch it last night Noel?

It didn’t end the way I expected it to at all. I felt really sad for one of the girls. I won’t say anymore than that incase anyone else wants to watch it but I was shocked by what happened. Hope everything worked out for her in the end - I think the show was shot in 2005 or somethin'. I'm not sure what gave me that impression.

Did you watch it last night Noel?

It didn’t end the way I expected it to at all. I felt really sad for one of the girls. I won’t say anymore than that incase anyone else wants to watch it but I was shocked by what happened. Hope everything worked out for her in the end - I think the show was shot in 2005 or somethin'. I'm not sure what gave me that impression.

Nope! :o I was catching up with One Tree Hill last night (Which may I add, was AMAZING!) but I'll be sure to look it up tomorrow night, 'cos todays filled with CORRIE! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Loving Misfits. It shall suffice to scratch my sci-fi itch, seeing as Heroes got sh*t/cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I'm Watching educating Rita. A nice old 80's movie with Michael Caine. A load of it's filmed in trinity too. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭EverybodyLies

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Loving Misfits. It shall suffice to scratch my sci-fi itch, seeing as Heroes got sh*t/cancelled.

Watched season 1 and caught up with season 2 during the snow. It's class. I dunno why I never watched/heard of it before

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

just watched season one of the walking dead last night and tonight. class show. not more coming out until october 2011 :(
    thats over.
    inbetweeners over
    sparticus over
    misfits nearly over :(
    what wil be left to watch

ive been watching shameless from season one 4OD since i started college dis year and im halfway threw series 5 i think. awsome show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Yeah October is a long way off :(. well if you're an SGU fan that starts back in Febuary I think, that's what I'm looking forward to anyways. It's pretty good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

watched inception last night. totally fecked with my head, especially the ending!!!??
    i didnt know what to think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

watched inception last night. totally fecked with my head, especially the ending!!!??

I grasped most of it first time 'round, but a second viewing really does help to take it all in! It's going to make a lot of money on the DVD for that reason, I reckon..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

I grasped most of it first time 'round, but a second viewing really does help to take it all in! It's going to make a lot of money on the DVD for that reason, I reckon..
    ya, DVD, id probablry watch it a second and third time just for the sake of it, its such a good movie. I love films like this that make you think about whats happening, and that can confuse you with simple things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I'm watching Armageddon legend of a film :D

I've told my sister to get it for me on DVD for Christmas. I wanna know what the hell everyone is going on about. Also I like Leo di Caprio. :D

I didn't see Corrie allllll week. :eek:
    I guess I'm part of a very small minority there. It's probably taking up a ridiculous amount of room in the Sky Plus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I watched (500) Days of Summer today. Great film but really depressing. I guess I just picked the wrong time to watch it, but all the sad parts of it resonated with me a lot more than they should have. =/

And maybe I'm just hopelessly pessimistic but I reckon if the film went on longer
    Tom and Autumn wouldn't have a happy ever after either

Awesome soundtrack though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I've started watching Any Human Heart, its brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I managed to procure all 508 episodes of Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT, and I'm about 15 episodes in. Brilliant stuff so far. Goku is a hero! Pity there are ~170 hours worth of viewing there :(

And on a similar anime-related note, I got Lucky Star too thanks to Hotaru/Konata saying how cool Konata is, so I checked it up, and it's turned out to be pretty cool also!

And I've made a small bit of progress on The Wire. I got through the first 4 episodes of Season 2. Season 1 was probably the best series I've ever ever seen. Season 2 is decent so far anyway.

So much stuff to watch!

Jay P wrote: »
    And I've made a small bit of progress on The Wire. I got through the first 4 episodes of Season 2. Season 1 was probably the best series I've ever ever seen. Season 2 is decent so far anyway

Just you wait until series 4 :D

Just you wait until series 4 :D

My friend said Seasons 1 and 4 are the best, so yes, I am very exited for season 4. But there's just so much to get through, so it's a long time away!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Jay P wrote: »
    I managed to procure all 508 episodes of Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT, and I'm about 15 episodes in. Brilliant stuff so far. Goku is a hero! Pity there are ~170 hours worth of viewing there :(
    So much stuff to watch!
    129139317818.gif
    is all I can say to that.

My exam boredom has me catching up on my Bleach,I got so far ahead in the subbed,now i'm onto watching the dubbed and it gets quite carp after the 3 season.

3s excellent as well.... 2 and 5 are brlliant but not quite as good.

• Advertisement

129139317818.gif
    is all I can say to that.

Cheers! My nerdiness is 110% offishul now.
    3s excellent as well.... 2 and 5 are brlliant but not quite as good.

It sounds like just a great series in general. CSI and Criminal Minds and all those are just unwatchable now.

Advertisement