Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

3s excellent as well.... 2 and 5 are brlliant but not quite as good.

Of The Wire? I'd have it as s1 > s2 > s3. Thought the first two were excellent, whereas the third one wasn't as good (but still utterly compelling).

Gonna get through season four after my exams (I finish tomorrow \o/). It's taken from my friend's hard drive though so hopefully the quality isn't pish. I bought the first three seasons and was able to enjoy watching it on a TV. Which I much prefer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Holidays! Time! Yey!

I have to pick up where I left off in House, possibly start How I met your mother, Gossip Girl, and have a look through this thread for other suggestions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I have become addicted to the food network and good food recently.
    In particular, food network challenge, iron chef, unwrapped and various other programmes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Was flicking through channels when I saw that Volver was on. Missed the start of it but kept watching; very interesting (and strange) film. Im not a big film fan in general but I would quite like to watch more foreign movies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Watching CSI Miami and Charmed :)

• Advertisement

There's a Dirk Gently T.V. Show on BBC Four tonight preceded by what looks to be a good documentary, starring Prof. Marcus Du Sautoy. I wish I had BBC 4. I'll have to see them at a later stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Watched The Princess and The Frog last night. Such excellent stuff! Definitely in the same league as the other great Disney movies, and it's refreshing to see a movie created using classic animation. CGI movies can be great (as Pixar have aptly proved by now!) but not every animated movie has to be rendered that way. So fair play to those involved for sticking with the style they wanted rather than what happens to be in vogue.

Also, Dr. Facilier was a total legend, the evil barshtard. :D

I'm watching Dogma brilliant film. I like Ben Affleck in this which is rare heusually comes across as being up himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Just saw the latest episode of misfits.That was probably the funniest most random thing I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

Coming into christmas, i've turned my attention back to watching father ted and the muppets films :p

• Advertisement

I'm watching Bones :D My boyfriend records it on the Sky while he's in work so he can watch it later I've gotten really into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Bought and watched the Gavin&Stacey boxset....AMAZING!!

AllI gotta do now is watch Red Dwarf series 5-7 and get my hands on 8....hmmm

Christmas shall be for One Tree Hill and Desperate Housewives, maybe Greys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Watched the first season of I'm Alan Partridge and successfully converted a housemate who was a bit apathetic to the show beforehand. Jurassic Park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Just found out the final of the UK Apprentice is on Sunday, so I'm watching this week's episode. Ugh, I don't want it to end :o

Also spent the last 2 hours dowloading a documentary about the Spain football team. In Spanish. WORTH IT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Misfits S2E6
    What was the point of that episode? Thanks to Curtis and his time stuff, the entire episode DIDN'T HAPPEN. <.<

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

My friend just told me to start watching Eastbound and Down, it sounds both weird and completely perverted. I am intrigued.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Colm! wrote: »
    Misfits S2E6
    What was the point of that episode? Thanks to Curtis and his time stuff, the entire episode DIDN'T HAPPEN. <.<
    The fact that it made NONE OF THE SENSE!!!!!111!!!LOL!!! I think writers may have just been high and invented the worst super-teen ever to mess things up for no plot reasons at all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

The fact that it made NONE OF THE SENSE!!!!!111!!!LOL!!! I think writers may have just been high and invented the worst super-teen ever to mess things up for no plot reasons at all

did anyone see at the end of it theres an other episode on as an xmas special or something this sunday ?

edit

basically answering my own question when i went on 4od

Series 2 | Episode 7 | Misfits Christmas Special

little bit of whats happening in it from 4od
    'Tis the week before Christmas and all through the estate, not much of anything is happening, until one of the gang sees some graffiti that offers 'Money for Powers'. At the address advertised they meet Seth (Matthew McNulty), a drug dealer who was also struck in the storm and now has the ability to deal powers.

Nothing good comes of Seth's presence on the estate - certainly nothing which carries a festive message of peace and goodwill to all men. A disgruntled priest, quick-fix money-making schemes, lost powers, and a nativity scene that has to be seen to be believed, all add up to Christmas, Misfits style.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I can't wait for the Christmas special! I thought Thursdays was the last in the series and then I saw the trailer. Freakin' A!
    It did have a point though:
    it retcons the future that Simon came back from. Future!Simon had the news footage of the team being discovered, meaning that in his time line everyone except himself and maybe Curtis died. So in Simon's time line it seems like either Curtis was dead or that he couldn't rewind time and save them for some reason (maybe he didn't see it as his fault), so Simon went back to set things up either to save Curtis or by introducing Nikki make sure that Curtis would regret bringing her into the situation and rewind time saving everyone.

That's my theory anyway

Lawliet wrote: »
    I can't wait for the Christmas special! I thought Thursdays was the last in the series and then I saw the trailer. Freakin' A!

It did have a point though:
    it reckons the future that Simon came back from. Future!Simon had the news footage of the team being discovered, meaning that in his time line everyone except himself and Curtis died. It seems like that Curtis couldn't rewind time and save them for some reason (maybe he didn't see it as his fault), so Simon went back to set things up -like introducing Nikki- so that Curtis would regret bringing her into the situation and rewind time saving everyone.

That's my theory anyway

But if that was true then
    how would simon have the picture of himself and Alisha in Las Vegas? She would have died before they were together.
    It's all very confusing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

I just watched misfits and I don't really mind that
    nothing actually happened
    it pissed me off ast first but it's total character development, which I love, (and a handy little filler for the writers) and I loved how
    they kinda ended up as super-heroes anyway by killing the milk guy.

But if that was true then
    how would simon have the picture of himself and Alisha in Las Vegas? She would have died before they were together.
    It's all very confusing.
    You do have a point, but on there other hand
    there's no way of knowing how different the other time line is to the current one or how much Simon changed by coming back, the changes he made could have accelerated the events that lead to their deaths

Lawliet wrote: »
    You do have a point, but on there other hand
    there's no way of knowing how different the other time line is to the current one or how much Simon changed by coming back, the changes he made could have accelerated the events that lead to their deaths

Possibly, it's hard to know. It's an interesting theory though. I would be inclined to believe that it was just a filler for the writers, and a
    taster for what's to come with Alisha and Simon
    . I think more will probably be revealed on Sunday as regards
    Simon coming back
    Can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

I've just realised that the last Misfits episode is probably majorly plot relevant, and exactly why will start appearing in the Christmas special.
    Theory One: "Future Simon" is actually from the possible future outlined in the last episode (Famous\Milkman future). That future continued on from after Curtis travelled back. Simon didn't die in the episode. Sure, he got stabbed, but it's possible that he survived...
    This looks likely because Future Simon has the "Asbo Five" news footage from the Milkman future.
    (a few people will be asking where the Las Vegas photograph comes into this, but Ailisha gave it to Simon, remember? Future Simon still has it, even if the photograph was never taken.)

Theory Two: The reason Simon suddenly has all of these abilities (time travel, parkour, etc.) is linked to the Power Dealer introduced in the Christmas Special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I'm watching Horton Hears A Who :)

horton_hears_a_who_ver2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I think 500 Days of Summer might just be the best movie I've ever watched....

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

Brothers & Sisters... just started and I love it :)

slow show wrote: »
    I think 500 Days of Summer might just be the best movie I've ever watched....
    I seem to be the only person who didn't like that film...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Just finished Any Human Heart. Now to finish Oz and move on to Dexter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Just finished Any Human Heart. Now to finish Oz and move on to Dexter.

I might just skip the rest of Oz and move on to Dexter S5, Oz is getting really retarded now, about halfway through Series 4 they just introduce the stupidest plot-line ever and ruin the entire thing.

Advertisement