Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Pygmalion wrote: »
    I might just skip the rest of Oz and move on to Dexter S5, Oz is getting really retarded now, about halfway through Series 4 they just introduce the stupidest plot-line ever and ruin the entire thing.

The one with the aging pill? Yeah was fairly stupid alright, they dropped it fairly quickly! Series 5 seems to be an improvement though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Rewatching The Sopranos Season 1. Fúck yeah! :cool:

Watching it always makes me wanna join the mob. If only I had a sharp suit, a complete lack of conscience and was capable of doing an Italian accent that didn'ta sounda like racial stereotyping.

"Luigi has-a your pizza. Mamma Mia!"

Anyway, Sopranos rule.
    Livia Soprano has to be one of the most evil characters in any TV show ever. And it's amazing how Tony, Christopher and Uncle Junior can still attract sympathy from a viewer when they're, quite frankly, despicable people.
    Can't wait to get back to Season Three - Ralph Cifaretto is THE MAN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Is the third season of Oz worth watching then? Enjoyed the first two (particularly the first season).

Finished the first season of Breaking Bad which is possibly my find of the year; the acting, cinematography, characters and plot are all superb. Here's the plot for anyone unwise to its brilliance:
    Walter White (Bryan Cranston - Hal from Malcolm in the Middle) leads a mundane life as a high school chemistry teacher, living with his wife, Skyler (Anna Gunn) and his son, Walter Jr. (RJ Mitte), who has cerebral palsy. His life is complicated when he is diagnosed with stage-three terminal lung cancer. Walter decides to enter the illegal drug trade to develop a sufficient inheritance for his family before he succumbs to his cancer.

Series 3 was quite good from what I remember of it. 4.... Well it has its good points but it gets very silly at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭deisedude

Watching Mad Men season 3. I really think this show encapsulates the whole "American Dream" vibe to a tee. They have everything but nobody is happy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Rewatching The Sopranos Season 1. Fúck yeah! :cool:

Watching it always makes me wanna join the mob. If only I had a sharp suit, a complete lack of conscience and was capable of doing an Italian accent that didn'ta sounda like racial stereotyping.

"Luigi has-a your pizza. Mamma Mia!"

Anyway, Sopranos rule.
    Livia Soprano has to be one of the most evil characters in any TV show ever. And it's amazing how Tony, Christopher and Uncle Junior can still attract sympathy from a viewer when they're, quite frankly, despicable people.
    Can't wait to get back to Season Three - Ralph Cifaretto is THE MAN!
    It's all about the ending for the sopranos.It's an awesome show but it ended just in time before it got crap[unlike a lot of shows] and he last episode is one of the best made pieces of TV I've ever seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Psych on Universal +1 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

deisedude wrote: »
    Watching Mad Men season 3. I really think this show encapsulates the whole "American Dream" vibe to a tee. They have everything but nobody is happy

Such a great show.

I'm going to start watching The Wire tonight I think... I've had the boxset since the summer but just never got around to it. That or Twin Peaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭deisedude

Such a great show.

I'm going to start watching The Wire tonight I think... I've had the boxset since the summer but just never got around to it. That or Twin Peaks.

Do watch the Wire. Best drama ever made IMO. I have been trying to find addicting shows since watching it and thankfully Breaking Bad and Mad Men have fitted the bill nicely!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Finished the 4th series of House today.

Have also watched (500) Days of Summer and The Hangover, as well as random episodes of come dine with me/ scrubs/ friends.

The Soloist is starting in 5 minutes.

The perks of Sky Movies and being sick...

• Advertisement

In an hour and a half I'll have finished Oz. I've watched way too much of it lately, I've developed a fear of showers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Tim Minchin's new DVD :D EPIC!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

It's all about the ending for the sopranos.It's an awesome show but it ended just in time before it got crap[unlike a lot of shows] and he last episode is one of the best made pieces of TV I've ever seen

Looking back on it, I agree but when I first saw the finale I HATED it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Have seen the first season of both and they're both excellent. Have seasons 2-4 of The Wire but haven't gotten around to watching them yet.
    If you're in the mood for gritty realism, go with The Wire. If you'd prefer weird-ass surrealism, go with Twin Peaks. Either way, you can't go wrong. :)

Just finished rewatching Season One of The Sopranos, onto Season Two...

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Came across Firefly earlier on while I was looking for a good movie to watch. Quality show! Watched four episodes tonight. So tempted to watch another episode but I don't want it to end too quickly. Can't believe there's only 14 episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Fade Street is loltastic. The return of Paul (<3) last week made my December, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Fade Street is loltastic. The return of Paul (<3) last week made my December, tbh.

Hahahah same! He's such a character him, with his "Fúck off". :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Hahahah same! He's such a character him, with his "Fúck off". :pac:

"They're fúcking eejits...and you're a fúcking eejit."
    OH PAUL <3333

"They're fúcking eejits...and you're a fúcking eejit."
    OH PAUL <3333

Hahahahaha.. Oh him and his Wexford(?)ness :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Yore been shtyoopid
    Coincidentally I have just seen Cici's facebook, she has over 4000 friends o_O

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Today I watched 500 Days of Summer and Scott Pilgrim.

The former was delightful, everything from the story, the acting and the soundtrack was spot on. It's like a cool relative to High Fidelity.

The latter was an abomination. Didn't enjoy much of it besides the soundtrack (which featured Beck and Frank Black \o/) and Jason Schwartzman. Have to say the ending was brutal.

Also had on The King of Comedy recently, excellent Scorsese / De Niro collaboration that should really receive more attention.

I tried to add Paul from Fade Street on facebook but he wouldnt accept me... :(

I guess he can just **** offff :pac:

ugh, if only I knew how to post gifs :(

I tried to add Paul from Fade Street on facebook but he wouldnt accept me... :(

I guess he can just **** offff :pac:

What's his name? :eek:

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    What's his name? :eek:

Paul Furlong-same as in the show. He commented on the fan page on facebook and I looked at his page, hes basically playing himself.

ICU commenting on his fan page noel, got there before me :o

Namlub wrote: »
    ICU commenting on his fan page noel, got there before me :o

You shoulda said "You're not serious?"

You're joking?

Namlub wrote: »
    You're joking?

I've a job in Wexford..

• Advertisement

Would ya not come back down to Wexford with me instead of goin in there with them fuckin eejits?

Oh paul <3

Advertisement