Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Namlub wrote: »
    Would ya not come back down to Wexford with me instead of goin in there with them fuckin eejits?

Oh paul <3

Oh Noel. <3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I'VE A FUCKIN' JOB

YORE BEEN SHTOOPID

FUKHIN EEJITS

I actually LOVE Paul. Like, properly love him. Such a typical wexford knack like, I know far too many people with the same accent/ mannerisms/ phrases.
    SO FUCKING GOOD.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Just watched Thank You For Smoking. It was different. Witty and very enjoyable.

I wish I had rhetoric like Nick Naylor though...

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Into The Wild is starting now. YUSS!

I am currently watching a lil kid (about 3) running into a bunch of suitcases at Dublin Airport. It's better than the guy falling on the ice last year!

Go here: http://tv3.ie/news.php

and skip to 1:24 :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Dear Zachary...

I found a list of the top movies of the decade on stumbleupon the other day and I saw one I'd never heard of, and without knowing a thing about it just downloaded it. It's a documentary, and it's one of the most emotional things I've ever watched. Some people are just so evil and fucked up...anyway, I'd recommend it to anyone, although I don't think it would have the same effect knowing what's going to happen before watching it. The shock and horror I felt when this one thing happened...wow.

I think I need to go have a think about things now...

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Bellu

The Shawshank Redemption and Home alone.
    And now ready to watch Elf again, as this list of Best Christmas Movies to Watch on Your iPad brings back much memory for me: http://www.articlesbase.com/computer-games-articles/best-christmas-movies-to-watch-on-your-ipad-3792958.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

slow show wrote: »
    Dear Zachary...

I found a list of the top movies of the decade on stumbleupon the other day and I saw one I'd never heard of, and without knowing a thing about it just downloaded it. It's a documentary, and it's one of the most emotional things I've ever watched. Some people are just so evil and fucked up...anyway, I'd recommend it to anyone, although I don't think it would have the same effect knowing what's going to happen before watching it. The shock and horror I felt when this one thing happened...wow.

I shouldn't have wikied that but I just did.
    Wow. Like...even though I now know what happens and everything, I need to see this movie. Wow.

Whats the name of the movie? And who is Zachary?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Whats the name of the movie? And who is Zachary?

Dear Zachary. And just go watch it mahn, it's worth the ninety minutes! Apparently it makes lots of people cry uncontrollably, but I never cry, what with being a robot and all that. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Dear Zachary. And just go watch it mahn, it's worth the ninety minutes! Apparently it makes lots of people cry uncontrollably, but I never cry, what with being a robot and all that. :cool:
    I don't usually cry over sad films or documentary's, but when the narrator started getting choked up...

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Dear Zachary...

I watched a trailer about it and I really want to see it now but my internet is being stupid this evening so it's not looking likely. Looks amazing though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

So watching it later on! ...After The Holiday :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I was just about to say I was watching the holiday :)

SNAP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

The Big Lebowski - I loved it. Jeff Bridges portrayal of The Dude is so good, he has a natural and believable laid-back quality about him. The Dude is just a great character overall. As is Walter, even if he is an bastard sometimes he's still likeable too. I just loved this film.

The Dude abides man. :cool:

Also, the video above is my favourite line in the movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Love that film. I got challenged to a Big Lebowski-off (online quiz) with my housemate a couple of weeks ago. I won. :cool:

Also, definitely dressing up as him next Hallowe'en - have to acquire a wig, sunglasses, a dressing gown and a carton of milk.

Fantastic Mr Fox is on Sky Movies later \o/

I love that film!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Bit'a Miracle on 34th Street for Christmassy effect. Hopefully it melts my slight Grinchiness. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Finally getting around to Dexter series 5.
    Too early to judge so far, but if it's half as good as the previous ones it shouldbe awesome.

• Advertisement

I'm watching The Parent Trap. WHY?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Lads, Ratatouille is actually so good. 'I killed a man...with this thumb'

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Namlub wrote: »
    Lads, Ratatouille is actually so good. 'I killed a man...with this thumb'

"I'll make this easy to remember: keep your station clear, or I WILL KILL YOU!" :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

"Times have changed.
    Our kids are getting worse!
    They won't obey their parents,
    They just want to fart and curse!
    Should we blame the government or blame society?
    Or should we blame the images on tv?

NO! Blame Canada, blame Canada,
    with all their beady little eyes
    an' flapping heads so full of lies,
    blame Canada, blame Canada,
    we need to form a full assault, its Canada's fault

Don't blame me for my son Stan,
    he saw that darn cartoon and now he's off to join the Klan!
    And my boy Eric once had MY picture on his shelf
    but now when I see him he tells me to fuck myself!

Well, blame Canada, blame Canada,
    it seems that everything's gone wrong
    since Canada came along
    blame Canada, blame Canada
    they're not even a real country, anyway

My son could've been a doctor or a lawyer, rich and true,
    instead he burned up like a piggy on a barbecue,

should we blame the matches, should we blame the fire?
    or the doctors who allowed him to expire?

HECK NO!

Blame Canada, blame Canada,
    with their hockey hullaballoo
    and their bitch Anne Murray too
    Blame Canada, shame on Canada!
    the smut we must stop
    The trash we must smash
    laughter and fun
    must all be undone
    we must blame them and cause a fuss
    before someone thinks of blaming us!!!"

Dear Zachary...

Just watched this there now. I cried. Me! And I'm usually a complete robot about these things. Unrayle slow show, unrayleeee

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

bythewoods wrote: »
    Just watched this there now. I cried. Me! And I'm usually a complete robot about these things. Unrayle slow show, unrayleeee

Yeah I watched it last night. Was bawling my eyes out and like you I rarely cry.

It was put together so well. I don't want to ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it and wants to and I don't want to type a load of spoilerised stuff but I just want to say that Kate and David are just amazing and strong people.

Thanks slow show for posting about it. :)

Completed season four of The Wire. It's by far the most compelling and intelligent show I've ever watched. One more season to go before I try out Homicide: Life On The Street (about to start the book it's based on) and The Corner. Can't ruddy wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Monzo wrote: »
    Completed season four of The Wire. It's by far the most compelling and intelligent show I've ever watched. One more season to go before I try out Homicide: Life On The Street (about to start the book it's based on) and The Corner. Can't ruddy wait.

Season 4 is the best. I wasn't sure what to make of it at first because it had so many new characters and some old character played a much smaller part, but the new characters were all brilliant. I was never as sad to hear this music (except maybe for the final ever episode) as I was at the end of that series...

Yeah it was a great season with a phenomenal amount of things going on. Might even top season one. And yeah, all of the new characters introduced were excellent, as was the acting (which probably goes without saying on The Wire).
    To be honest though, I thought the final episode was slightly anticlimactic. y feeling an obligation to bring down Marlo, and the latter's interest in the Greek. Roll on s5!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

My cousin brought down the last 4 seasons of Sex and the City :D I watched the first 2 all together a few years ago but never got the rest so I can't wait to get through them! I think its hilarious how I haven't met 1 guy who likes it...or at least won't admit it :P

Just finished Season 3 of House. Its taking me forever to watch it...

Advertisement