Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Today alone I watched Some Like It Hot (gah I love this movie), Shrek the Third, Enchanted and Happy Feet. I am a child...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Christmas means binging on Curb Your Enthusiasm. So, so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Willy wonka and the chocolate factory is on,wouldn't be xmas without it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Christmas means binging on Curb Your Enthusiasm. So, so good.

Possibly my favourite comedy series of all time (well, alongside I'm Alan Partridge). I lent most of the seasons to an old friend... only I'm not really friends with him anymore, rendering me Curbless. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Time for a massive Arrested Development binge. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

The Expendables :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Watched The Girl with the Dragon tattoo film with my Mother earlier.

It was in Swedish, with English subtitles, which I was ok with, but wasn't exactly perfection. Kind of annoyed me tbh, they really deviated from the plot. I know they couldn't exactly stick to it exactly without turning it into a 10-hour epic, but Lisbeth wasn't nearly odd enough, and the whole Wennerstrom plot was pretty much ignored. Silly Swedish film industry.

If you hadn't read the book though, it would've been a pretty good film I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

The Wrestler. Love films like that. Hope to get through the following in the next few days: Bad Lieutenant Port of Call New Orleans; Four Lions (Chris Morris directed it \o/); Frost / Nixon; Scent of a Woman; In Bruges; Murder On The Orient Express; and Memento.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

bythewoods wrote: »
    Watched The Girl with the Dragon tattoo film with my Mother earlier.

It was in Swedish, with English subtitles, which I was ok with, but wasn't exactly perfection. Kind of annoyed me tbh, they really deviated from the plot. I know they couldn't exactly stick to it exactly without turning it into a 10-hour epic, but Lisbeth wasn't nearly odd enough, and the whole Wennerstrom plot was pretty much ignored. Silly Swedish film industry.

If you hadn't read the book though, it would've been a pretty good film I reckon.

Going off topic, but the book any good? Going on a maaaad spree right now.

Errr, watched the original Snow White. It was awful. Yeah.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

We just watched Home Alone and Home Alone 2 - no Christmas is complete without those films! :D

• Advertisement

slow show wrote: »
    Going off topic, but the book any good? Going on a maaaad spree right now.

Errr, watched the original Snow White. It was awful. Yeah.

I really liked them. Had my doubts before reading them, but they genuinely are very clever.

Watched The Science of Sleep last night, ah it was so cute and so funny and so adorkable. Way weirder than the stuff I usually watch too...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Monzo wrote: »
    The Wrestler. Love films like that. Hope to get through the following in the next few days: Bad Lieutenant Port of Call New Orleans; Four Lions (Chris Morris directed it \o/); Frost / Nixon; Scent of a Woman; In Bruges; Murder On The Orient Express; and Memento.

In Bruges is the most epicly funny and sad at the same time film I've ever seen!! Absolutly hilarious :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Men In Black is as good as ever... It even has Will Smiths nice clean rap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Up In The Air!

Best film I've seen in a long time.. The end leaves a lot to the imagination though..

^^ Saw it the other night, wasn't mad about it tbh. I LOVE George Clooney, and he was good enough like, but I just thought the storyline was a bit tenuous.

Precious is defo the best film I've seen in ages. So unbelievably depressing, but properly brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Saw Tron last night, I liked it. Effects were amazing :).

My friends were horrified by the fact I've never seen the Notebook so they made me watch it. OH GOD. I was a mess. I used to laugh at the way people get all sappy when they talk about it, but I was wrong, so wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I'm watching Jason Byrne. I think my Dad is going to explode from laughing so much :D

Namlub wrote: »
    My friends were horrified by the fact I've never seen the Notebook so they made me watch it. OH GOD. I was a mess. I used to laugh at the way people get all sappy when they talk about it, but I was wrong, so wrong...

Same thing happened to me with Marley and Me :o.

• Advertisement

I was just talking to a friend of mine and the Lord of the rings popped up.Dear god I forgot how awesome those films are [two towers especially] and how pathetic it is I know nearly all of it by heart

/dies a nerdy death

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I was just talking to a friend of mine and the Lord of the rings popped up.Dear god I forgot how awesome those films are [two towers especially] and how pathetic it is I know nearly all of it by heart

/dies a nerdy death

I want a LOTR marathon night sometime. Those films were epic :D They're also the only ones I remember being in the cinema for with an interval in the middle cos they were so long :D

I want a LOTR marathon night sometime. Those films were epic :D They're also the only ones I remember being in the cinema for with an interval in the middle cos they were so long :D
    Well if you do directors cut[and it's a sin not to] it's 13 hours of films.I so want to try it and if I can afford it try the LOTR drinking game.Whenever the say a word from the title[not the or of obviously] you drink or something stereotypical of your chosen character[you need approximately 1 fellowship of friends to do it right] you drink.

Me,Gimli and Elf racism are going to get sideays some day in the distant future

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

My friend was at a LOTR marathon before and now has a t-shirt which says in big yellow letters 'I sat through 9 hours of orcs and all I got what this lousy t-shirt'. He never wears it in situations were he will have to remove his jumper :pac:

I have that huge box set of the extended versions of the movies, it has so much material on it. Each movie box has about 4 disks :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

/dies a nerdy death

I know it off by heart too. There is no shame. I also do hand movements every time the music starts I didn't know I did it until almostnever told me. The Two Towers is actually my least favourite. Prefer The Fellowship and Return of the King. Every time I watch the Return of the King I have to say "I am no man" with Eowyn. Unreal line.

Watching Lie To Me season two. Really enjoying it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭naughto

watched skyline last night.the dude from scrubs is in and i ahve to say he is sh1te as are most of the actors in this film.i enjoyed the film as the special effects where very good story line was meh

I know it off by heart too. There is no shame. I also do hand movements every time the music starts I didn't know I did it until almostnever told me. The Two Towers is actually my least favourite. Prefer The Fellowship and Return of the King. Every time I watch the Return of the King I have to say "I am no man" with Eowyn. Unreal line.

That's why it's awesome :D

Has anyone else seen the Misfits xmas special.....it was.....different

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Has anyone else seen the Misfits xmas special.....it was.....different

I enjoyed it, but I'm getting the feeling that Misfits is going to be like Heroes in more ways than one: already some big plot holes due to the time travel storyline, and the second season felt a bit aimless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Watching Lie To Me season two. Really enjoying it

We have to have a LOTR marathon soon. :D I actually think the Return Of The King is my favourite, it's epic. So dramatic and quotable. <3

Advertisement