Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭daithi2011

Case 39.
    This movie has to be watched without knowing a thing about it. Just watch it. But dont look it up first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Watched the Godfather films again over the past few nights on RTÉ. I and II are absolutely fantastic, and while III doesn't quite reach the same heights, it's still pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I should probably do my homework but i'm gonna watch michael collins instead! :) love that movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Have True Romance loading. Tarantino script Tarantino before he made Kill Bill, it has to be fairly good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Jimmy444 wrote: »
    It's a shame that the nanny-state thought-police cut out one of the Duke's best lines in the movie when it was shown on TV the other day. You see Duvall's character insulting him, then Cogburn just sticks the reins in his mouth and runs at them. What was censored was his riposte to the insult. Spoiled the whole movie for me!

If you missed it, you can see it here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSELRi1EoQk&feature=related

I didn't notice that (hadn't seen the film in several years tbf) but that's extremely odd considering they allowed the utterance of the word 'bastard' not once but twice!

In my efforts to alleviate boredom I've returned to the chatosphere of Knowing Me Knowing With Alan Partridge. One of the funniest parts of it is this Abba medley:

Aha! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Watching Back To The Future on Blu Ray, looks so nice. I haven't seen this movie in ages.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

someone mentioned the sopranos here before so i'm starting from the beginning again.

Wow, you gotta love those mobsters

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Grey's Anatomy back tomorrow night! :D Double episode and everything...although it is a pity they tied things up in the last ep of the last series, would have been better to have to wait and see what happened.

Oh I didn't know that. How did I not know that? :eek:

Criminal Minds is starting back this Friday on Living. Saw an ad for it this evening. So exciting!! Shemar Moore nom!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭EverybodyLies

Mollikins wrote: »
    Criminal Minds is starting back this Friday on Living. Saw an ad for it this evening. So exciting!! Shemar Moore nom!! :D

He has the same birthday as me! :D

Watching Season 6 of Smallville. Lana is doing my head in. She'd so annoying!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Watching Season 6 of Smallville. Lana is doing my head in. She'd so annoying!:mad:

Lucky you. :p

I can't believe he is 40. :eek:
    Also googling images of him has made me drool big time!

I really need to borrow my cousins Gossip Girl boxsets. Keep forgetting to text her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

I just saw that Sky Atlantic HD ad.

So it's true? We're getting HBO? In HD? For.. free?
    I think I'd actually buy a Sky HD box just for that one channel (I don't think my parents would fork out the extra money for the other HD channels though).

They better start showing all of that HBO epicness from the start.

If you're wondering why I care so much, HBO are responsible for The Sopranos, The Wire, Band of Brothers, The Pacific... it goes on. I might end up watching TV again :O

Ended up watching Rashomon lat night. Brilliant film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Today, I watched:

All About Steve
    GI Joe

Wow Avatar blew me away! I now see why there was so much fuss about it. It's actually so good. :eek: Like, I thought it was gonna be crap, but WOW! I can't wait for the sequels tbh.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

THANK YOU!
    I hate Lana, the girl couldn't act to save her life. How could anyone think she was hotter than Lois? Lois kicks some serious ass. Lana is just a massive wingebag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Colm! wrote: »
    I just saw that Sky Atlantic HD ad.

So it's true? We're getting HBO? In HD? For.. free?
    I think I'd actually buy a Sky HD box just for that one channel (I don't think my parents would fork out the extra money for the other HD channels though).

They better start showing all of that HBO epicness from the start.

If you're wondering why I care so much, HBO are responsible for The Sopranos, The Wire, Band of Brothers, The Pacific... it goes on. I might end up watching TV again :O

This is awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I went to see love and other drugs tonight. I really liked it, it had the right amount of happy and sad. Although there's a hell of a lot of bewbs and sex for a 15's movie!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Just after seeing 'the way back' in the cinema. Colin Farrell is gas and I love that Saoirse girl in it too, she's really talented :) regards the movie, i'm not into history and stuff but twas grand i guess, kinda long though and dragged on abit.

The characters made it bearable especially the main main guy :) /swoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

CSI is on Living right now been watching loads of episodes lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Just watched "Notorious", I so ganstaaa man!

The credits are just rolling now and the main writer?
    His name is... "Reggie Rock Bythewood". Ah here! Bythewood! He robbed my fucking username!
    Shit gon' get real motha fukaaaa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I just watched Hachiko: A Dog's Tale again. It was just as sad this time, I it's one of the saddest movies I've ever seen. My friend watched it the other day and said it was the first dog movie she cried at. Still worth a watch though, it's really good.

(I may or may not have just brought my dog up to my bed after watching it >.>)

Jay P wrote: »
    I'm watching Jason Byrne. I think my Dad is going to explode from laughing so much :D

I saw him in Dundalk, of all places, over Halloween. He was painfully funny. 80% of his material was improvising with the crowd. :D

bythewoods wrote: »
    Just watched "Notorious", I so ganstaaa man!

The credits are just rolling now and the main writer?
    His name is... "Reggie Rock Bythewood". Ah here! Bythewood! He robbed my fucking username!
    Shit gon' get real motha fukaaaa

Classic Hitchcock!

Wait... This isnt very gangster....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Today, I watched:

All About Steve
    GI Joe

Wow Avatar blew me away! I now see why there was so much fuss about it. It's actually so good. :eek: Like, I thought it was gonna be crap, but WOW! I can't wait for the sequels tbh.. :P
    I plan never on watching Avatar, just for the pure lulz. Don't think I'd like it anyway.

Also gotta love a bit of Alfred Hitchcock! Psycho is unbelievably savage <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Also gotta love a bit of Alfred Hitchcock! Psycho is unbelievably savage <3

RTE showed an abundance of Hitchcock classics (Psycho, Rope, Dial M For Murder, The Birds, etc.) over Christmas.. but at ridiculously late times. I've already seen all of those but still, putting on classics at one or two in the morning is just ruddy stupid.

Sorry for the rant :D

Hitchcock is brilliant.... And speaking of 50s classics guess whats on channel 4 right now?

800px-The_Seven_Year_Itch_(Marilyn_Monroe's_skirt_blows_up).jpg
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

Just watched a couple of episodes of The Wire. I hope it's as good as everyone says.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I'm downloading Blue Valentine in 11 parts, shit better be good...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Battle Royale: a quaint little japanese movie about 40 teenagers being gassed, kidnapped, given a random pot-luck weapon each and placed on a deserted island where they have to kill each other off until one remains standing within 3 days or they all die via exploding neck braces. A classic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Rude Tube is on some funny stuff :D

Advertisement