Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Pocketfizz wrote: »
    Rude Tube is on some funny stuff :D

I'm just watching it now. So good.

Edit: Why does the cat woman have a beard?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Song for a raggy boy is on rte2 at half 9. WATCH IT PEOPLEZZZ!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

My friend is bringing me to see Little Fockers later.

Apparently it's crap, but I've already seen Love & Other Drugs which was the other option.

I'm sure I'll get a few lollygags out of it all the same. Anyone seen it? Any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Been trying to find this for about two years now :D

It's called Roll Up Your Sleeves, it's a documentary about DIY culture (Music and so on), absolutely brilliant, and it just got stuck up online (Legally).

Linkeh

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Elijah Wood has been confirmed for The Hobbit. Exciting stuff!

Also, how many times must I cry while watching Grey's Anatomy, HOW MANY?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

For anyone who watches Fade Street, it's on tonight at 10.50.. Hope Paul's back in it! :P

Aw man, my dad is just after taking a pile of video's down from the attic with the video player.
    I have the first 18 episodes of digimon to now watch and digimon the movie, nice :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Been watching some Simpsons, of the rather brilliant old variety and not the turd-ish new efforts (that probably amount to a decade's worth at this stage). The Whacking Day episode. :cool:

“People of Springfield, Whacking Day is a sham! It was started in 1924 as an excuse to beat up the Irish.”
    “’Tis true, I took many a lump, but ’twas all in good fun!”

whackingday2_thumb.png?w=512&h=384

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Watched the '09 Star Trek film and I must say that it thought it was very good. :) More of a sci-fi action epic type movie (á la Star Wars) than what Star Trek used to be. The sets were good, the acting was, the cinematography (for the most part) was. Overall a very enjoyable film.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

I went to see The Next 3 Days yesterday. It was actually really good. I didn't think it would be but I really enjoyed it and I'm glad I chose to see it.

And now to catch up on CSI's and Criminal Minds. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

Saw 127 Hours last night. Really really good. Franco was perfect for the role too.

Watched Guns, Germs and Steel. I really must read the book because the show was fantastic. The last half-hour was very emotive.

I was actually in tears in laughing after mrs brown's boys tonight :pac: so so funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

The Office is painful to watch. Not because its bad but because everything David and Gareth do is so cringe-worthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

I watched Dawn of the Dead! I think it has something to day about our dependency on something as a culture because it has a profound meaning about something which I realised while watching it but I forget now. It was something about capitalism. Either way Tom Savini and George A. Romero rock! 2 and a half hours well spent!

Beauty and the beast is on at 4 (i think) on disney cinemagic :) i've planned a load of disney movies for the rest of the week since we've got sky. The aristocats, treasure planet, oh and lotsa recess, lots :D

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

I've been watching lots of Disney movies too! I saw Snow White & The Seven Dwarves (for the first time) and Pinocchio t'other night, as part of a massive marathon of all of Disney's animated movies in order of their release. Pinocchio is particularly great, I love that movie! Maybe the nostalgia goggles have fooled me because of how much I used to like it when I was younger, but it's amazing how much Disney improved over the course of just three years.

I also got dragged to The Green Hornet on Friday. I thought it was kind of dismal, honestly. Though the 3D glasses gave me a headache after a while, which probably made me less forgiving than I would usually be. Damn you, 3D, with your flickery, dark colours and disorientating focal point shifts!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Jako8 wrote: »
    I watched Dawn of the Dead! I think it has something to day about our dependency on something as a culture because it has a profound meaning about something which I realised while watching it but I forget now. It was something about capitalism. Either way Tom Savini and George A. Romero rock! 2 and a half hours well spent!
    it's what makes the "Of the dead" series so good that altought it's a zombie movies the zeds are only a vehicle for the real meaning,which if you ignore completely you're left with an awesome zombie movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Watched Re-animator last night. Herbert seems to be a younger version of Stephen Colbert. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

i love mythbusters. cant get enough of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I've...err....watched The Merchant of Venice. Ah sure, it passed a few English classes anyway....

Who am I kidding? I loved it, and it made me like the actual play more. I actually love Shakespeare, and the movie was pretty good too, except for those awkward scenes where my teacher had to explain why exactly some of the women were almost completely naked, and this awkward scene between Antonio and Bassanio but meh, Shakespeare's the bomb! Fie, fie! Why don't we talk like that?

Shakespeare: 'In sooth I know not why I am so sad. It wearies me, you say it wearies you'

Me: 'I feel like shit, dunno why. No one cares. Bleh.'

G'man Shakespeare.

I also watched Pan's Labyrinth recently. It was actually very good, even if I spent most of the film making fun of it and wondering about the main character's stupidity. THEY'RE JUST GRAPES.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Watched Network a few nights ago. Pretty great film- even if it failed to wrench me completely from my TV-consumed lethargy.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I watched Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging atleast 5 times in the past week.
    Love, love, loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee <3

Everyone watch it, you'll all love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Deedeecupcake

deise_girl wrote: »
    I watched Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging atleast 5 times in the past week.
    Love, love, loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee <3

Everyone watch it, you'll all love it!

I have a funny story about this movie. went to see it with my mother and granny, only my granny got the times wrong so we walked in half way through the film and she stood right in the middle of the screen going "This isnt our film. It cant be". Mam and I just legged it to the seats in fits of giggles :pac:

I just finished watching Casablanca in English class. I liked it,I did...... It's just after hearing "Here's looking at you, kid" quoted so many times I felt a tad let down by how unimportant that line was :L

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Lars And The Real Girl, it's sweet and strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

More Disney movie watchery today, in the form of Cinderella, which I was watching for my first time! It was great, beautifully animated, very charming, and I loved the sections that focussed on the mice. But wow, Disney circa 1950 gave step-mothers such bad rep! Snow White's one was bad enough, but Cinderella's is so evil that her eyes are capable of glowing with furious, widower-seducing malice.

And as usual, the princess-to-be attains true happiness as soon as she finds herself a good man and settles down. Which happens immediately, because she's kind of forced to marry the guy after one date. And not even a full one! Ah no, it's not that sexist really, it doesn't specifically imply that a woman's only path to happiness is charted through her soon-to-be-wed's kitchen. But it does suggest it as one possibility. :p

It makes me love the Princess and the Frog even more, really. They earned much respect for inverting the staples of their earlier movies, in the way that the princess is practical and works towards her dreams rather than wishing on stars, and is largely bored by the prince's attempts at courting her, preferring to concentrate on her own goals. It'd be nice if they continued in this vein and had a kindly step-mother in a future film.

I just finished watching Casablanca in English class. I liked it,I did...... It's just after hearing "Here's looking at you, kid" quoted so many times I felt a tad let down by how unimportant that line was :L

I love casablanca :) rick is a ledge like.. We're watching hamlet at the moment in english. Oh god, it's terrible.. And seriously, what's with hamlet and polonius and their horrific dye jobs? Polonius has a blonde beard and ginger hair :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

just finished watching there will be blood . a classic i reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

Watched Independence Day last night <3. I have seen that movie a million times and it never gets old! Still one of my favourites!

I've been watching all of Derren Brown's shows which I hadn't seen before on 4od. Amazing. If anyone hasn't seen at least one of his shows I really really advice you to! He is just a genius. He has a new show and tour coming out in March-June around the UK, whenever the London dates are announced Imma make sure I get ticket, preferably front row... I'd love it if he chose me for something..though people further back get chosen randomly too... I'm going to have to chose my seat carefully.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

deise48 wrote: »
    just finished watching there will be blood . a classic i reckon

I drink your milkshake!
    Watched Independence Day last night <3. I have seen that movie a million times and it never gets old! Still one of my favourites!

Good film and I always enjoy watching it but the prospect of sending the President of the United States, the commander-in-chief up into the skies to take on the Alien invasion is the most ridiculous ever!

Advertisement