Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Lads I absolutely adore Parenthood. Its been showing on RTE2 for the past 3 Thursdays - six episodes so far, and wow: it's just amazing! <3 Anyone else watch it? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Just watched Zombieland which I really enjoyed and only reaffirmed my love for Jessie Eisenberg.
    I also saw The Royal Tenenbaums. I really like Wes Anderson films, most of the time I'm thinking "WTF?!".... but in a good way.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Watched 'Easy A' tonight. Thought it was quite good.
    Saw Blue Valentine and The Black Swan at the weekend. Tbh I don't get all the fuss about the Black Swan. It was only ok and Blue Valentine wasn't anything special.
    There's a new Matt Damon film out on Friday so I might go see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Catching up on Lie to me, Tim Roth is an excellent actor.

Watching the office again, Michael Scott is brilliant

Dinner for schmucks for was quite good, just watched it recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭EverybodyLies

Watched Finding Nemo on Saturday (babysitting). I forgot how funny it is! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Went to see Black Swan today. Wow. It really wasn't what I expected at all, quite creepy and scary in places, but overall it was amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Watched Network a few nights ago. Pretty great film- even if it failed to wrench me completely from my TV-consumed lethargy.

must. watch. this. film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Boyfriend is watching Lee Evans... He's starting to sweat :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Slow Show wrote: »
    I've...err....watched The Merchant of Venice.
    I meant to watch this film last year, but we watched some awful made-for-television version of it in school that put me off watching the 2004 re-edition. :\

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Going watching the IT crowd, for the lulz. Lets see how long this lasts....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

So...new Skins is shit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Lawliet wrote: »
    So...new Skins is shit

I agree I turned it off soon after it started.

I'm watching TopGear :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I love love love Hellcats!
    Its like glee except with cheerleading and no singing and college not school.

Oh and for the shame of it im a tad obsessed with extreme makeover:home edition now..

I love love love Hellcats!
    Its like glee except with cheerleading and no singing and college not school.

Oh and for the shame of it im a tad obsessed with extreme makeover:home edition now..

I've watched the first 7/8 episodes but then 6th year got busy and I can't watch it anymore! :( I miss it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Madagacar's on RTE tomorrow, highlight of my weekend tbh <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

The writing in Skins is so cringey. 'Next time, aim for my heart'. Eh, no. I think I'm a little bit in love with Liv though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

The writing in Skins is so cringey. 'Next time, aim for my heart'. Eh, no. I think I'm a little bit in love with Liv though.
    That Mini girl had the worst lines
    "So Frankie badass!" "Welcome to our world"
    NOBODY TALKS LIKE THAT IRL!

The first generation of Skins had some ridiculous situations that a lot of teenagers would never be in, but what made it so brilliant and relatable was that the characters reacted like regular teenagers. But now it's like the writers have no idea how normal people interact, never mind normal teenagers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

The 'Welcome to Bristol' line in the trailer was my fav, who even says things like that?! I basically haven't really liked skins since the first series, but I can't not watch it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

Lawliet wrote: »
    That Mini girl had the worst lines
    "So Frankie badass!" "Welcome to our world"
    NOBODY TALKS LIKE THAT IRL!

The first generation of Skins had some ridiculous situations that a lot of teenagers would never be in, but what made it so brilliant and relatable was that the characters reacted like regular teenagers. But now it's like the writers have no idea how normal people interact, never mind normal teenagers.

Seriously, that Mini one could barely speak properly!

I didn't really like the episode so far, the only character I kinda like is Frankie.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Everyone needs to go see Hereafter. It's fantastic! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

The Kids are Alright is really good, reminds me of Lil Miss Sunshine or The Squid and the Whale.

Black Swan is something I need to watch again before I make my mind up. There's a lot in it.

Want to see King's Speech...

A Neurotic wrote: »
    The Kids are Alright is really good, reminds me of Lil Miss Sunshine or The Squid and the Whale.

I wanted to see that SO bad but it wasn't in the cinemas here and wasn't anywhere online! >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Saw Tangled tonight, it was absolutely delightful! Not just one of Disney's best in recent years, but possibly one of their best in general! It's gorgeously animated, the lead characters are very likeable, it has some great musical moments (the bit in the Snuggly Duckling is class, as is Mother Knows Best), and they managed to turn the Rapunzel story into something much better... but really, it's her pet chameleon Pascal who steals the show. Ridiculously cute little creature, and every shot of him is hilarious. It's a great movie, I loved it. :D

disney-tangled-pascal-wallpaper-1032.jpg

Saw Tangled tonight, it was absolutely delightful! Not just one of Disney's best in recent years, but possibly one of their best in general! It's gorgeously animated, the lead characters are very likeable, it has some great musical moments (the bit in the Snuggly Duckling is class, as is Mother Knows Best), and they managed to turn the Rapunzel story into something much better... but really, it's her pet chameleon Pascal who steals the show. Ridiculously cute little creature, and every shot of him is hilarious. It's a great movie, I loved it. :D

Awwww that's the cutest thing I've ever seen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

Saw Black Swan last night and absolutely loved it. No film has kept my attention like that kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Prior to Australia Day I watched the Simpsons Austalian episode to make sure all of my references were correct. My was it funny.

Watching "If You Really Knew Me" on MTV.
    It's actually so sad ( :( ) but really good..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Grey's Anatomy :o Lots and lots of it. I started last week and I'm already halfway through season three >_>

I'll make up for it tonight by watching a few episodes of The Wire :P

And I watched The Social Network last week, and really enjoyed it. And I just remembered, the twins were actually in my dream last night o_O I can't remember why though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Does anybody know when desperate housewives is starting on rte again?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

kateos2 wrote: »
    Does anybody know when desperate housewives is starting on rte again?

I had heard it was next week but theres no sign of it on the tv listings...

Advertisement